Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

I started playing it the last 2 days and im getting absolutely destroyed online McGregor knocking me out when im big rig crazy stuff hard to get used to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Speaking of Dana and co, bit funny that him and EA are all luvvy dovey after them treating the sport like it was aids for years.

You can see the roster here.

Thats actually not the case, its not up to EA its down to the UFC who makes the game and they went with Yukes as the developer. Yukes had made all of the WWE games and the UFC undisputed games started off quite well and then as Yukes deteriorated so did the UFC games. Now comes along next gen and EA have their Ignite Engine and UFC come a knockin. I think to be fair to the game its the first installment of the series, it looks great. Gameplay wise its great fun playing online against other people, its the career mode that lets it down most. But they have brought out multiple patches and free fighters so I cant really fault them too much and can only look forward to the improvements in EA UFC 2

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Right Lads whos in for the next tournament - need an idea of numbers!!

Cheers.

Details are:

2 groups of 4 - everyone plays everyone in their group in a best of 3.
    Each person picks a weight class and hosts their fight.
    If its a draw after 2 fights then it goes to a 3rd to decide the winner (we will decide on a weight division for this fight)

Top 2 go through from each group and we draw for the semis and final.

3 points for a win by TKO or Sub
    1 for a win on points decision

If theres a tie for the top 2 places they have a single fight to decide it (again predetermined weight division here)

The last tournament dragged out so if people are signing up could they please try commit to playing or making an effort to arrange a time with others on here or psn to fight. It holds it up for everyone involved and most people are on all the time so it should be easy enough to get them out of the way. People will also need to post the results up here so we can keep things updated. Its a small bit more effort on everyone's part but it should make the tournament more fun and people wont be out so quickly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

I am definitely interested. I am now setup in Canada and have my new PS4 and a copy of the game. I also work from home so the time difference shouldnt be that much of a factor given im available from 6pm onwards Irish time.

Keep me posted cheers!
    Axwell wrote: »
    Right Lads whos in for the next tournament - need an idea of numbers!!

Cheers.

Details are:

2 groups of 4 - everyone plays everyone in their group in a best of 3.
    Each person picks a weight class and hosts their fight.
    If its a draw after 2 fights then it goes to a 3rd to decide the winner (we will decide on a weight division for this fight)

Top 2 go through from each group and we draw for the semis and final.

3 points for a win by TKO or Sub
    1 for a win on points decision

If theres a tie for the top 2 places they have a single fight to decide it (again predetermined weight division here)

The last tournament dragged out so if people are signing up could they please try commit to playing or making an effort to arrange a time with others on here or psn to fight. It holds it up for everyone involved and most people are on all the time so it should be easy enough to get them out of the way. People will also need to post the results up here so we can keep things updated. Its a small bit more effort on everyone's part but it should make the tournament more fun and people wont be out so quickly either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Im in notorious14 is my username

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Thats actually not the case

Whether Dana can be believed or not, he said that EA wouldn't even meet with them and they said some rather nasty things about the UFC privately.

The Undisputed games did well and EA went and did EA Sports MMA. Whether it was the games doing well or the popularity of the UFC that changed their minds, I don't know. Dana warned that any fighter lending their likeness or whatever would never be signed to the UFC.
    "EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport. We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'" The UFC instead partnered with THQ to develop UFC 2009 Undisputed. "We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world,"
    "If you do business with EA, you won't be in the UFC"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm in axwell so that's 4 so far. Would be great to get 8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm in axwell so that's 4 so far. Would be great to get 8

Still interested here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm in as usual, setting myself up for another hammering.... :(

The new patch is out, mad to give Gunni a go and the new features.

• Advertisement

You on tonight lad?

You on tonight lad?

Yeah I'll be on later. just tried the download and no sign of the patch. Starting the game said it will download the new fighters, done, but no sign of them. weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

hey lads just got this game...seems pretty hard to master all the controls! Quick question, when you have a guy rocked and he falls to the floor , how do you jump on him quickly and put him away with punches?

akelly02 wrote: »
    hey lads just got this game...seems pretty hard to master all the controls! Quick question, when you have a guy rocked and he falls to the floor , how do you jump on him quickly and put him away with punches?

No exact button to finish the fight, you just have to move towards him and when you're standing over him, throw punches while pushing in his direction and your guy should automatically dive on him.

No exact button to finish the fight, you just have to move towards him and when you're standing over him, throw punches while pushing in his direction and your guy should automatically dive on him.

Thanks for that, i will try that tonight when i get home. a lot of practice is needed with this game i have a feelin!

akelly02 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, i will try that tonight when i get home. a lot of practice is needed with this game i have a feelin!

Yupp, add a few people from here, good way to get some practice fights and more fun than fighting the AI. Also, Axwell is setting up a tourney if you want to give it a lash.

Yupp, add a few people from here, good way to get some practice fights and more fun than fighting the AI. Also, Axwell is setting up a tourney if you want to give it a lash.

Sound for that..ill go back through the thread and add a few lads...dont think im ready for a tournament yet though! Should leave Fifa down for a few days and concentrate on this for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Would join in myself too if my connection wasn't so crappy.

I like the game, but I have to put some time into learning it properly.

Every time I get taken to ground, it's a mad panic.

Would join in myself too if my connection wasn't so crappy.

I like the game, but I have to put some time into learning it properly.

Every time I get taken to ground, it's a mad panic.

Same here, not fully sure of the submissions either. Theres a lot of different controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Got this at the start of the week. Takes time to master it. I'm shocking at defending take downs, anyone have any tips?

My psn name is TheHefferboi if anyone wants to add me. I'd be interested in joining an online tourney if there's space!

• Advertisement

Axwell, what's the league/tourney numbers looking like? Haven't played in a while, would be good to get into it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I've taken this online for the first time tonight. So if anyone wants to kick the snot off me go ahead and add me rebelsouls74.

I'd be interested in the tourney if it gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

^^
    I think it is, takes a lot of getting used to but there's satisfaction when you start getting better. Online is scary though!

Mike Chiesa (who asked for that one???) and Hector Lombard (more like it) being added in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mike Chiesa (who asked for that one???) and Hector Lombard (more like it) being added in the next update.

Best beard in the UFC thats why.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Also with the new PS4 update we could get alot more people in tournaments now you can play games with one one person requiring the game which is quite cool! The person with the game can stream it to another person for local multiplayer aslong as you both have PS+, or share the game completely to the other person so they could play online on there console.

Yeah such a class feature but I was thinking what game has local multiplayer? Couldn't think of one and sure the only 2 games I own EA UFC and NBA 2K15 both have it! My shyte internet won't help though but spose to be getting e-fibre on november 19th so that should help.

The patch is dropping tomorrow with a ton of fixes and tweaks plus a mystery tuf 1 fighter. I'm guessing Diego sanchez.

• Advertisement

Just confirmed, The Nightmare it is. Gonna try get beat up for 3 rounds and win by decision.

Advertisement