Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Only just started the career mode today... Holy god it's boring. Very poor, for a next gen big title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Axwell I thought your wan was some guest on his show. I looked it up and she is actually his girlfriend :O That Bobby Lee looks very familiar (in a non racist way) can't picture where though.

Dulux, yupp. TUF was a good idea but goes to shyte after that. EA MMA had the best career so far and that was only kept good by having El Guapo as your coach. The next game needs a serious overhaul career wise.

Everyone else, fancy starting the next tourney on PS4? BUFC 2 - No Way Out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

sheehy83 wrote: »

Yeah count me in (PSN markcahill1985), Im around all next week anyways for a few games

Cool, okay whoever wants in, post here with your PSN username so people can add you. Hopefully we can get at least 8 people.

Axwell put forward the idea of just using one weight division for this tourney, what do people think? I think it would be good to make the tourney's feel a bit different instead of just random weight divisions. Saying that, some divisions will only have the same fighters against each other as when you can only pick fighters 93 rating and under, there guys a lot of people would pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Axwell put forward the idea of just using one weight division for this tourney, what do people think? I think it would be good to make the tourney's feel a bit different instead of just random weight divisions. Saying that, some divisions will only have the same fighters against each other as when you can only pick fighters 93 rating and under, there guys a lot of people would pick.

Excellent idea. Will maintain interest for subsequent tourneys. But would this rule out the womens bw division as there are so few fighters in it?

Also how about a stipulation that you must pick 3 different fighters in each match? Or that whoever wins a match MUST change fighters for the next match. The loser of each match may choose the same fighter as before if they wish. We used to do this in a Fight Night Champion tourney I was involved in. Really levelled the playing field.

PSN username: Cpl_J

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Count me in again, anyways. I'm desperate for revenge on you Sheehy!

PSN: kaptinofwAr121

Ah Wimmins can still be picked, Davis vs Cat is a good matchup.

Goodman Marty, that's 4 so far.

Name - PSN
    Sheehy83 - sheehy83
    markcahill1985 - markcahill1985
    John_D80 - Cpl_J
    martyos121 - kaptinofwAr121

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Im in as always! yLwoT

ID say we use the welterweight division if were picking just one weightclass!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I guess I'll have to enter...

Sure the Champ has to defend his belt! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ah Wimmins can still be picked, Davis vs Cat is a good matchup.

Goodman Marty, that's 4 so far.

Name - PSN
    Sheehy83 - sheehy83
    John_D80 - Cpl_J

Just automatically put me down for any tournaments, you know im in!

As regards picks etc I dont think it really matters if there is only a few fighters people will pick or we use the same fighters as each other. I think even in the bigger divisions it still holds through. Everyone has their favourites and then there is a lot of dead weight that no one every picks unless just having a few friendly rounds with lads on here.

Axwell I thought your wan was some guest on his show. I looked it up and she is actually his girlfriend :O That Bobby Lee looks very familiar (in a non racist way) can't picture where though.

Dulux, yupp. TUF was a good idea but goes to shyte after that. EA MMA had the best career so far and that was only kept good by having El Guapo as your coach. The next game needs a serious overhaul career wise.

Yeah man Bobby Lee done well for himself! Hes gas the way he taps the minute she even attempts to put a move on him.

1 more and we have a tournament. Will keep it open til Monday morning before doing the fight draw. 1st fight to be finished by Wednesday night maybe?

Name - PSN
    Sheehy83 - sheehy83
    John_D80 - Cpl_J
    ASOT - yLwoT
    Mr Blobby - mr_blobby999
    Axwell - IrishWolverine

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

1 more and we have a tournament. Will keep it open til Monday morning before doing the fight draw. 1st fight to be finished by Wednesday night maybe?

Name - PSN
    Sheehy83 - sheehy83
    John_D80 - Cpl_J
    ASOT - yLwoT
    Mr Blobby - mr_blobby999
    Axwell - IrishWolverine

Im out this time lads! Enjoy yourselves.. :D

I'm still hurting after my semi final defeat... ;)

Everyone just beat Blobby & Sheehy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Was doing a fight with Ross Pearson earlier, when Joe Rogan starts to wax lyrically about him, and how he's one of the best young prospects in the sport. He then references Pearsons "last fight with Aaron Riley"......which was five years ago :pac: they really half arsed a lot of this game

Is Joe even in the game (character model)? I know Goldie is and tweeted a pic of himself, never heard Joe say anything about it. Agreed though the commentary is very lazy, I really get the feeling Joe wasn't bothered his arse. Could be completely wrong but that's the feeling I got anyway.

Name - PSN
    Sheehy83 - sheehy83
    John_D80 - Cpl_J
    ASOT - yLwoT
    Mr Blobby - mr_blobby999
    Axwell - IrishWolverine

Well lads, can we get one more person and we will kick off the tourney?

Ask carefree ste or mr stuffins

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

I'll give it a shot if you are still looking for somebody... PSN maxiburke

jarain wrote: »
    I'll give it a shot if you are still looking for somebody... PSN maxiburke

Good man! We have 8 people so will close off the entries. I used a random generator to pick weight division And BUFC 2 will be a Bantamweight tourney.

place #1: Bw
    place #2: Fw
    place #3: M
    place #4: Lhw
    place #5: Lw
    place #6: Hw
    place #7: Wimmins
    place #8: Ww

Did a draw for the 1st round fights and they are as follows.

Sequence=1
    Draw date: 2014-08-12 23:09:27

Match #1
    place #1: Markcahill1985
    place #2: Sheehy83

Match #2
    place #1: John_d80
    place #2: Asot

Match #3
    place #1: Axwell
    place #2: Jarain

Match #4
    place #1: Martyos121
    place #2: Mr blobby

Fights will be best of 3, ye can arrange a time between yourselves but would be good to have the 1st round finished by friday night?

Also are we doing the rule where you have to use a diffferent fighter every fight? Might make things more interesting.

• Advertisement

Anyone get to play their fights yet? Mark, you around tonight for a scrap?

I forgot that weight divisions online are clumped together, Can you even pick BW? I forget.

I will be on tonight to play mine.

Women are bantamweight, mens not directly but some of the fighters are listed as that weight. Maybe just go with women this time for handiness?

Axwell wrote: »
    I will be on tonight to play mine.

Women are bantamweight, mens not directly but some of the fighters are listed as that weight. Maybe just go with women this time for handiness?

Yeah, never thought how the Weights get so mixed up, some fighters are in 3 weight divisions. Okay, Wimmins it is so for this tourney, only fighters rated 93 and under and you have to use a different fighter every fight, make things interesting. If this turns out to be shyte, we can go back to the old tourney format.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I wont be able to play my fight lads because im down in cork with my cousin for his fight on the Siam Warriors card tomorrow! Sorry about that i completely forgot it was this weekend. So John gets a bye.

Match #1
    place #1: Markcahill1985
    place #2: Sheehy83

Match #2
    place #1: John_d80
    place #2: Asot

Match #3
    place #1: Axwell
    place #2: Jarain

Match #4
    place #1: Martyos121
    place #2: Mr blobby

Ok so axwell won his fight, john got a buy to the next round. Mark let me know when is a good time for you.
    Marty blobby, did ye have yer womens fight yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I can do the fight today blobby, add me: kaptinofwAr121

martyos121 wrote: »
    I can do the fight today blobby, add me: kaptinofwAr121

Won't be home till later tonight.
    I'll add you when I get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Axwell won our fight over the weekend 2-1 after an epic 5th round knockout in the decider...

I beat Martyos121.

First fight was Vitor vs Hendo.
    He rocked me pretty good in the 1st round but I ended up KO'ing him in the 2nd after he started to gass,

2nd fight was Davis vs Zingano.
    Very similar to our first fight only that I had beat Davis up pretty bad and then went in for the kill in the 3rd. Won via KO.

So... Who wants to lose next?

• Advertisement

Vitor and Hendo may be on the TRT but they arent women last time i looked :confused:

Advertisement