Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ya I'm up for a few scraps if you're still around. Need the practice for this tourney.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cool, will be on in 5 mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I traded this in last month but saw on twitter they are releasing a legends pack free today, Brock, Mark Coleman, Matt Hughes and Rampage - fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Update is live, had a quick game as Brawk on my lunch, he looks a bit cartoonish and with just some elbows and and an overhand right as his 'special' strikes, I guess his perks are in his ground game (rightly so I spose) but I prefer to keep it standing in this so won't be using him much. I think Rampage would be the only one I'd be interested in using.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Brock looks ridiculous..he has the lower body of someone like McGregor with the upper body of Brock and his head looks even more bigger than it should be. Used all of the fighters, enjoyed using Coleman and Rampage and that was about it. Enjoying picking it up and playing it again though after a bit of a break from it. Hadnt played with much of the fighters in the last update so been going through those as well giving them a try.

• Advertisement

Tried the gameface thing and i have to say the results were less then good. Actually it was very disappointing. Considering EA MMA game on the xbox it was very good .....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128522323

In those pics most of them look nothing like their counterparts. EA have never been that great at the gameface tech anyways, they need to look at how 2K do it for the NBA/WWE games, so much better.

Axwell wrote: »
    In those pics most of them look nothing like their counterparts. EA have never been that great at the gameface tech anyways, they need to look at how 2K do it for the NBA/WWE games, so much better.

Still 1000 times better then what the Xbone or PS4 can do. Fight night has been the best, EA MMA in second place

WWE have only started game face (kinda, and that sucks)

Really? Dont see that at all to be honest from those pics..most look nothing like who they should. Would go as far as to say thats an awful example of gameface and to say 1000 times better than next gen, it doesnt look realistic at all in terms of looking like a person. If you are going to talk about next gen then we are talking about the quality of the image and the graphics, likeness to a real person in which case next gen is miles ahead.

The new WWE one is pretty decent if you do it properly and edit the image before you apply it. At the end of the day its always going to come down to how the photo is shot and what you do with it, its never going to be as simple as they make out to get a perfect shot and have that put on a character and get perfect results and skin tone etc.

Overall its a bit of a gimic anyways and wouldnt be a reason for me to buy a game its just something thats there or not.

EA UFC is on sale on the PSN for 25 quid at the moment (10% off with ps plus)

Also, Honda is up for Hottest Female in the Boards.ie Games awards found here.

http://spo.io/1tDvsk8

EA UFC is up for best sports game and best DLC.

• Advertisement

Hon da Rousey!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    EA UFC is on sale on the PSN for 25 quid at the moment (10% off with ps plus)

Also, Honda is up for Hottest Female in the Boards.ie Games awards found here.

http://spo.io/1tDvsk8

EA UFC is up for best sports game and best DLC.

Traded this ina while back but regretting it to be honest - may pick it up for the 22 quid again in the PSN sale - ye still play away the odd time?

Really? Dont see that at all to be honest from those pics..most look nothing like who they should. Would go as far as to say thats an awful example of gameface and to say 1000 times better than next gen, it doesnt look realistic at all in terms of looking like a person. If you are going to talk about next gen then we are talking about the quality of the image and the graphics, likeness to a real person in which case next gen is miles ahead

PS3 Brock Lesnar
    http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/mmapro/28098208/772A0001_0_THUMB_aPF.jpg
    http://mmavalor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/EAMMA-BL.jpg

PS4 Brock Lesnar
    http://i.imgur.com/u7KTjGD.png
    http://i.imgur.com/pf4b0U9.png

XboxOne Brock Lesnar
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3YTDl1b9x9M/maxresdefault.jpg

Those are just two specific examples that are really bad (inf act they are the first two on google), there could be hundreds of good ones so it doesnt really prove anything apart from that people can do crappy looking efforts at gameface. Also that person on XB1 doesnt actually use gameface its simply a normal caf and a badly done one as well.

Overall gameface technology could be improved a lot but its getting better imo not worse. It needs to be done right by the user as much as anything and thats where most of the most hideous looking ones come from, the person not doing it properly to begin with. Its not at the stage where you can take a picture and just put it in and get perfect results. For example to make brock lesnar unless you are brock, you are using a photo or an image off a website. That image will have certain skin tones and colours which wont match up with the colours in the game so theres bit of tweaking and work making it look better. Most people dont do that or dont know how to use photo editing software so you wont get perfect results. Ideally the character skin tone would need to be based off the gameface image to give the best results but that would mean them having an infinite amount of skin tones and applying those to character models and animations etc which they arent going to do.

You said the WWE one is crap, from looking at the library of characters people have created I think theres a lot of them in there that look really good, some of them are fantastic. again it comes down to the person creating it and their ability.

Traded this ina while back but regretting it to be honest - may pick it up for the 22 quid again in the PSN sale - ye still play away the odd time?

Still have it and play it the odd time, its one of those ones I always go back to for a night and go a few fights online. Would be good to have a night with lads off here and have a few fights and just play each other even if not in a tournament format but just setup a party chat and invite each other or something.

Those are just two specific examples that are really bad (inf act they are the first two on google), there could be hundreds of good ones so it doesnt really prove anything apart from that people can do crappy looking efforts at gameface. .

Simple answer to this would be, show me a good Brock Lesnar creation for EA UFC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Was thinking about buying this game but the demo kind of put me off. Seemed really choppy or something. Have the updates helped with this at all? Its looks great but it just doesn't feel right...

Who still has this? Looking to get the gang back together for a few games online. Been playing it the last few days in the build up to tomorrow nights fight.

Who still has this? Looking to get the gang back together for a few games online. Been playing it the last few days in the build up to tomorrow nights fight.

Just actually re bought it in the PSN sale! Any chance of another tournament or anything getting going?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Devs updated the Stamina and Striking Logic yesterday. Sounds like it has become a more defensive and counter game than just spamming buttons. Must throw it on again and give it a lash.
    Striking and Stamina

We've added some new stamina logic to striking. Additional stamina taxes have been added for all possible strike outcomes with the intent of rewarding successful strikes and punishing failed strikes. We hope this further reduces strike spamming issues, and rewards the calculated striker both short term and long term over the reckless striker.

If a strike misses completely, there will now be an additional 35% stamina tax on the fighter throwing the strike.

If a strike is parried, there will now be an additional 25% stamina tax on the fighter throwing the strike.

If a strike is strong blocked, there will now be an additional 20% stamina tax on the fighter throwing the strike.

If a strike is weak blocked, there will now be an additional 10% stamina tax on the fighter throwing the strike.

If a strike lands successfully there is no additional stamina tax.

Lunge Tuning

In an attempt to address the problem with lunge spamming, we've made changes so that if you land a strike against someone who is lunging, they will play a full body hit reaction. Previously the only reliable way to stop someone from lunging was to use a leg kick which had no KO power and did not present much of a threat. This change opens up the entire arsenal of strikes to be used to stop repeated lunging which we hope will discourage the practice and make it much less effective.

In addition, the stamina tax on lunges has been increased and additional tuning made to eliminate the so called "dash hook" tactic. The stamina tax on lunging was increased to prevent lunge spamming from getting worse as a tactic once the increased stamina tax on missed strikes goes live.

Fair play to them on this, they still seem to be putting ina whole lot of effort rather than concentrating on a sequel! rebought it over the weekend in the PSN sale and delighted I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Isn't there 3 new fighters in the next patch as well? Rafael dos Anjos, Eddie Alvarez and Holly Holm apparently.

Out of the 3 I'd mostly be interested to see how Holly does against Honda.

Rumble is getting added now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Here's hoping for Cro Cop.

RebelSoul wrote: »
    Here's hoping for Cro Cop.

And a Pride mode to go with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

sheehy83 wrote: »
    And a Pride mode to go with him!

That was my favourite part of the last title.

Lads who still has this and is up for a few fights? Might try organise a specific night or a tournament if I can get an idea of whos still playing it.

• Advertisement

Id be up for a tourney (PS4). Would be great if we got 8 people.

Advertisement