Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just confirmed, The Nightmare it is. Gonna try get beat up for 3 rounds and win by decision.

Will the patch update automatically? or how do i perform it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

akelly02 wrote: »
    Will the patch update automatically? or how do i perform it?

It will if you have your console set to auto download install updates. If not, on PS4, it will tell you if there is an update available when you go to play it or press options button on the game and there will be an option for 'search update'

It will if you have your console set to auto download install updates. If not, on PS4, it will tell you if there is an update available when you go to play it or press options button on the game and there will be an option for 'search update'

Thanks for that.

I have to say im impressed with the amount of updates there has been, they obviously are doing good work behind the scenes.

Also, is there any specific control for strikes rebounding off the cage? Seen a couple of lads do it to me the other day, looks really good

I think you have to press R1 or L1 with punch or kick near the cage. All depends on what moves the fighter you're using has. I can only do them by fluke. I picked Pettis before and for the life of me couldn't pull off the showtime kick. When you are playing, check the moves list in the middle of the fight and it should say how to do it.

• Advertisement

I think you have to press R1 or L1 with punch or kick near the cage. All depends on what moves the fighter you're using has. I can only do them by fluke. I picked Pettis before and for the life of me couldn't pull off the showtime kick. When you are playing, check the moves list in the middle of the fight and it should say how to do it.

I was trying with pettis all sunday evening and couldnt get it either! thanks ill try that.

I tried the new patch, fought McGregor against Sanchez and the game feels completely different. The combos flow so seamlessly, stamina seems to be spot on (throwing constant spinning $hit puts a proper dent in it) and that new thing where if you have a guy rocked, you can run towards him with a flurry of punches is just class. Got a brilliant KO with that, had it recorded but it never saved.

The only issue remaining (gameplay) wise for me is the ground game. I'm still not confident in transitions and reversing. I can hold people fine but can't seem to block transitions or reversing. When it goes to the ground, I just throw in a sub and hope they keep it standing.

Will we get numbers for a tourney next week on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Haven't been keeping up with this and only played a little after the first patch. But have any of the patches added anything to the single player customization options? Like messing with your entrance or your fighters stance during in cage intros etc? I just felt the career mode was really bare bones and rushed.

I don't think so, haven't touched career mode myself since the 1st patch. Career mode was awful and that's usually the thing that keeps me playing a game. Just have to hope since they now have a very good engine with gameplay, they can concentrate on a proper career mode in the next title.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

I don't think so, haven't touched career mode myself since the 1st patch. Career mode was awful and that's usually the thing that keeps me playing a game. Just have to hope since they now have a very good engine with gameplay, they can concentrate on a proper career mode in the next title.

Agreed, Mate. The career mode is usually my favorite part in games like these but this one really left a lot to be desired. So yeah hopefully the next one is much more fleshed out, EA MMA had much more to the career mode even though that game needed another few months of work before it was released. Fingers crossed for the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yoel Romero, Myles Jury and Andrei Arlovski all added in the latest patch.

Fair play to the devs, they're really supporting this game, and the free DLC is an unexpected bonus.

martyos121 wrote: »

Fair play to the devs, they're really supporting this game, and the free DLC is an unexpected bonus.

Looking forward to playin with romero!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

martyos121 wrote: »

Yeah great that they are adding content for free. I'm sure they could have charged €1 a character if they wanted to squeeze some more cash out of punters.

Yeah great that they are adding content for free. I'm sure they could have charged €1 a character if they wanted to squeeze some more cash out of punters.

I swear, I had to check the cover a few times to make sure it was actually EA making the game. Whoever is releasing these free fighters is bound to be sacked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

To be fair they have been nothing but great with this game. They brought the game out as a first incarnation of a new series of ufc games and new it wasnt perfect, the first one was never going to be. But they have released multiple patches fixing what people complained about and tweaking the mechanics. Along with that free fighters that no doubt were going to be charged for until they changed their mind i imagine.

I think as a first game it was pretty decent and the way they havent hust released it and abandoned it till the next one is great. Looking forward to the improvements in the next one and what they do with it!

Yupp really fair play EA on this, they could have easily abandoned it ages ago. Plays miles better than when it first came out. I just wish they would add the ability to create a tourney, fight card, any single player update to try something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yupp really fair play EA on this, they could have easily abandoned it ages ago. Plays miles better than when it first came out. I just wish they would add the ability to create a tourney, fight card, any single player update to try something new.

Stuff like that will be the "new" features on the 2nd version of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Any tournament starting up soon? Been going well online an want to take on boards best now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Picked this up last week as it was cheap enough. Jesus, getting through TUF is so hard.

The urge to smash my controller against the wall has been extraordinary. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Picked this up last week as it was cheap enough. Jesus, getting through TUF is so hard.

The urge to smash my controller against the wall has been extraordinary. :pac:

Yupp, but once you get out of TUF, you're basically smashing everyone, will defend your belt about 10 times and retire undefeated (bar the losses in TUF) :pac:

They might have tweaked the AI now (hopefully) but that's the way it worked for me.

• Advertisement

UFC Legends DLC pack incoming. This will most likely be a paid DLC as they stated when games was first released that regular roster updates would be free while legends would be charged. I'm just hoping they throw in some extra's like old school mat, presentation, tournament mode, etc. I really hope it's not old fighter with same moveset as what's already there and that's it. Don't think I'd pay for just that.

Fighter wise, I'm guessing Severn, Bas, Shamrock's, Randy maybe since he's on good terms with EA, Brock would be a possibility

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=772075299496995&set=vb.402494049788457&type=2&theater

Matt Hughes has to be in.
    Not getting my hopes up on this one, but I'd love to see Jeremy Horn make it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Obviously Art Jimmerson!

MrStuffins wrote: »

Obviously Art Jimmerson!

Now i would have no problem paying to play with a single boxing glove!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Pretty sure we will be getting Mark Coleman, Dan Severn and Art Jimmerson, would be cool to get tito and randy too

The 1st legend "if headbutts were legal, he may still be champ'

Hint from EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The 1st legend "if headbutts were legal, he may still be champ'

Hint from EA.

I actually posted the picture in the "Art Jimmerson" post above but it doesn't display on mobile for some weird reason.

Thats Coleman

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I actually posted the picture in the "Art Jimmerson" post above but it doesn't display on mobile for some weird reason.

Ah ok sorry didn't see that pic alright. Will be interesting to see the price and how many people here get out. An old school tourney would be class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Th career mode is a bit strange, have won the Light weight title, all going fine, but my next challenger is Anthony Pettis, again nothing unusual about that except I bear him 1 fight before this, I fought Pettis then Henderson and now fighting Pettis again, ah well I like fighting Pettis this will be 3rd time fighting him the other 2 combined fight times is roughly 50 seconds, 2 1st minute knock out. Not doing it with anyone else just Pettis.

Advertisement