Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Much more complex complex controls than in THQs UFC

Just knocked Gustaffson out after rocking him with a axe kick and then a superman off of the cage! I love this game!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thankfully I didnt see these posts till this morning or I wouldnt have got any sleep. Had a quick go of it this morning and visually it looks fantastic, a real improvement on previous games. The controls are a little different in parts but not majorly - some of the button combinations I think are a little awkward - having to press L1+L2 together while pressing one of the other 4 main buttons but im sure it will come second nature in time. The new submission system is interesting, will see how it feels once I play it more but I prefer it over the method in UFC 3. Full tutorial in the demo at the start which is good - only get to play as Jones or Gustafsson though unfortunately. Its made this a definite purchase for me, not that I wouldnt have bought it anyways but if the demo sucked then I wouldnt be looking forward to it as much. As it is I wish they released the demo a bit later so I didnt have to wait so long! Least have watchdogs to keep me going till the 20th!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Managed to add this to my download queue through my browser. Will have to wait til I get home to play it.

It's >2GB though. I'm trying to get someone at home to switch my Playstation on so it'll download while i'm in work!

Doing the exact same thing.....stupid work!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's downloading now for me. I can't wait to get a blast at it :)

• Advertisement

I read that some choke subs actually put people to sleep instead of them tapping. Anyone see that yet?

Edit, just read you can pop shoulders out as well instead of the tapping animation.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I read that some choke subs actually put people to sleep instead of them tapping. Anyone see that yet?

Edit, just read you can pop shoulders out as well instead of the tapping animation.

I havnt managed to get a sub that far... Takedown defence is hard

I heard from home that a Firmware update needs to be installed (On PS4) I was playing Watch Dogs yesterday and didn't see this so must be new. Anyone else get a prompy for a FW download?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes 1.71 downloading now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Cant see the demo on PS4 on either the irish or american PSN store??

• Advertisement

Cant see the demo on PS4 on either the irish or american PSN store??

I did what Lertsnim said, start the download on a browser instead

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...CPS4DEMO2014EU

Man the moves look complex in this, will definitely take some time to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ground controls are a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Got KO'd within 1 minute of my first fight! :pac:

Loving it so far.

Also i'd suggest redoing the tutorial :p

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best KO I've seen yet :pac:

Its a pity the difficulty is locked to easy. I'm pretty much knocking out Jones within minutes.

But one things for certain.. You really can't spam punches. After 3 - 4 hooks your fighter starts to become really easy to pick off.

I just can not get used to the controls. It's so frustrating :(

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I just can not get used to the controls. It's so frustrating :(

I found that after 1 or 2 fights you should go into the tutorial section and practice whatever it is you're struggling with.

I'm finding its becoming very fluid on the ground once you know what to do.

sheehy83 wrote: »

Yep, just applied a arm triangle and Jones went to sleep :pac:

I should probably take a break..

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I found that after 1 or 2 fights you should go into the tutorial section and practice whatever it is you're struggling with.

I'm finding its becoming very fluid on the ground once you know what to do.

I won the first fight and played about 10 after and lost everyone.
    I've tried the training a good few times and works great there but then into the cage and i can't do a thing !!
    I've only ever played 2 rounds in fight night a few years ago and that's the only game I've ever played with controls like this. I suppose it'll take me a while to get to grips with them :)

Burst out laughing when I faceplanted as Gus :pac: Just didn't expect it at all, great to see flashy moves fail. Only played 1 game so far but was a 3 round war where I won by decision. Not the most realistic game though as Bones didn't eye poke me once :) I like the complex controls, means it will take a while to master and not everyone will be instant experts. By round 3 the blood was just flying of both of us. The moveset is a bit over the top, I found it hard to just throw a normal head kick and once I found how to do the spinning roundhouse kick as below, I spammed it the whole round 3 looking for a flashy KO.

I cannot wait for the full game, this demo might even take over Watch Dogs for a while.

Anyone answr this?
    I lose patience with the THQ games quite fast as it's so easy to get knocked out/knock people out. I like having three round brawls, is it just as bad in the demo? Don't have a next gen console so I can't download it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jaysus. Had a game of this and got knocked out by Gus. Then I had a second game thinking i'd do better and I got subbed by a bloody mounted Gogoplata!!!!!

Anyone answr this?
    I lose patience with the THQ games quite fast as it's so easy to get knocked out/knock people out. I like having three round brawls, is it just as bad in the demo? Don't have a next gen console so I can't download it :P

I'm gonna upload my 3 round battle shortly, ya can have a look. Some close knockouts but neither of us could finish it.

I have to say i'm loving it so far! It really forces you to learn how to transition and when to throw certain strikes.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Jaysus. Had a game of this and got knocked out by Gus. Then I had a second game thinking i'd do better and I got subbed by a bloody mounted Gogoplata!!!!!

And this is easy mode :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Played my first game of it.

Holy uncanny valley, batman!

The fighters just look a bit... Off... In a kinda creepy way!

Advertisement