Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Anyone come across anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MarkJD wrote: »
    Anyone come across anything yet?

Just 1 so far

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ea-sports-scores-unanimous-decision-not-a-ko-with-its-first-ufc-video-game-052014

No gameplay vid, just talking about the game. Online will have a belt system where only white belt can fight white belt, etc. so black belts can pick on lower level guys just to get their record up.

Thanks for posting... Seems like its well rounded and has a good system which is good for the first game but the fact it seems to be missing many features and not a lot of fighters is dissapointing. EA have so much experience with different game modes across all their different sports games its a bit of an odd one to not include different game modes / options. Didnt go that far into the choices but if they dont have an option to create your UFC event / fight night or tournament i will be really dissapointed....

The online system seems decent but i was really looking forward to having your own online gym with friends much like online clubs works with Fifa... Drag it out EA though... They need to justify why they will charge us €80 next year probably. Looking forward to it either way.

Another write up, this time mostly about career mode but not much new info

http://sportsfan1984.com/tag/ea-sports/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

That looked really good!

Seemned a bit fast at first but if you watch closely you can see Aldo's stamina drop and he becomes really sluggish and then Pettis just started lighting him up.

Yeah, I'm sure the HW's move a lot slower but it was great to see the sluggishness with low stamina. CVG also reported that they saw one guy have his stamina nearly completely drained and automatically leaned against the cage when he was close enough.

That upwards elbow from Aldo was just class.

That capoeira kick looked sweet!

wpfkOgR.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Sweet f_ck.

• Advertisement

Was exciting watching that... Looked as if it could of ended at any point after some of those nice shots landed... Would have liked to see the submission. Guess we wait :)

Full foster reveal! Also Conor will have the full chest tattoo :pac: Hook it to my veins!!!!

Also, Conor will be in the LW div as well.

qkWGT66.gif

C5B6MFb.gif

g4hEA7r.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Visually it's amazing especially the cut scenes and character movements. Now onto the gameplay mechanics.

The boxing looks great but I don't like the way the head snaps back so much after making contact though doesn't look natural at all. The kicks imo look sh*te. THQ had the kicks down perfectly, especially as your career went on you could turn your hips right over. The kick checking in this looks alright though.

Overall it looks like a well improved 'ea mma' but still very robotic. Was hoping for much better mechanics.

Great preview by Kotaku from a journo who is actually an MMA fan.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/05/the-numbers-game-a-hands-on-with-ea-sports-ufc/

Interesting how UFC had the last say on what fighters were rated what.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Great preview by Kotaku from a journo who is actually an MMA fan.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/05/the-numbers-game-a-hands-on-with-ea-sports-ufc/

Interesting how UFC had the last say on what fighters were rated what.

That was a great read!
    Went into my local Xtra-vision to pre-order this. Only problem was they weren't taking pre-orders for it. :mad:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    That was a great read!
    Went into my local Xtra-vision to pre-order this. Only problem was they weren't taking pre-orders for it. :mad:

Weird, they already had on their facebook page that you can preorder in store and online for bruce lee preorder pack. I'd say ring them and hopefully get someone else to confirm. I'm still deciding between XV and GS.

Weird, they already had on their facebook page that you can preorder in store and online for bruce lee preorder pack. I'd say ring them and hopefully get someone else to confirm. I'm still deciding between XV and GS.

Thats the thing.. A buddy of mine is the assistant manager there and he said they weren't taking any pre-orders.

Now to be fair this was Cavan Xtravision :pac: I'll pop in on Saturday and if they're not taking pre-orders i'll order it in GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just pre-ordered from Amazon to PM, 50 quid and should have it on release day, wont be back in ireland until the 24th so It doesnt really matter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ASOT wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered from Amazon to PM, 50 quid and should have it on release day, wont be back in ireland until the 24th so It doesnt really matter anyway.

Just saw that this comes with Bruce Lee DLC too. Nice, ill be grabbing this from Amazon so!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

knowing the way amazon handle pre ordered games ya will have it a few days before, but they might have got a slap on the wrist after the GTA debacle

• Advertisement

Would you need to use Parcel Motel to get it on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just saw that this comes with Bruce Lee DLC too. Nice, ill be grabbing this from Amazon so!

Bruce Lee is in every version of the game, this just saves the bother of unlocking him

Ronda has 97 striking, aldo 98 subs, barao ranked 4 best in the game. Some wtf decisions from the ufc.
    http://whatculture.com/gaming/ea-sports-ufc-10-highest-rated-fighters.php/2

Ronda has 97 striking, aldo 98 subs, barao ranked 4 best in the game. Some wtf decisions from the ufc.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

i get the wtf for Rousey?
    But I've no idea why you mentioned the other two. Aldo is a solid grappler, and Barao is an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GSP at 6 has me stumped. No sign of Silva ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

GSP at 6 has me stumped. No sign of Silva ?

Hes rated 94 so didnt make it into the top 10 rated.

Why is Cains submissions so high :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

NCAA div 1 wrestler and a BJJ black belt.

I would have put Aldo ahead of Barao. Also, I think the scoring is way too high in general, no one should have 99 in anything.

I read that one of the UFC devs suggested there be no scoring in place, just a set of skills they can use and UFC said no, they had to have numbers and it looks like UFC are trying to promote current lesser known fighters to the main stream to get them more interested instead of people just wanting to fight as Anderson, Chuck, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

There are definitely angles in play here with regard to the promotion of current/future stars. What the hell are Rousey's stats all about?

Advertisement