Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here is another gameplay vid showing Hendo vs Cormier. Why is it people who get to record these things only have a Nokia 3220 for recording??:)

Clinch work looked good. I don't like the fight just ended with Mario waving it off from 2 miles back. I really really hope the guy controlling Hendo was moving backwards and it wasn't automatic.

Edit: just noticed Hendo swings a dig before it cuts to the winning animation so maybe we can Hendo bomb after all!

ib0QPZ1iFbP2Ck.gif

ikGb7iQ8zUy1l.gif

A collection of offscreen footage

McGregor spotted at 2.46!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I think its bad that ill buy a ps4 just for this! God dam it

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Only reason i bought one :)

I enjoyed about 3hrs of MGS but then got bored... Been sitting gathering dust until this !

Just spotted Conor in the vid above at 2:46. It's mad Cole Miller isn't even in this game, UFC definitely have high hopes for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

^^ the vid is 2.27 long?

^^ the vid is 2.27 long?

Crap, actually at 1:20. I was watching another commentary video of the same one where the guy added an intro and stopped at certain screens.

More official screenshots from the roster. The detail & likeness is unreal!

eas-ufc-mauricio-rua.jpg

eas-ufc-dennis-siver.jpg

eas-ufc-chad-mendes.jpg

eas-ufc-john-dodson-2.jpg

eas-ufc-john-dodson.jpg

eas-ufc-tj-grant.jpg

eas-ufc-josh-koscheck-2.jpg

eas-ufc-josh-koscheck.jpg

eas-ufc-rich-franklin.jpg

The man himself! Conor put it up on his FB.

10376328_712516938816608_1453394352571337106_n.jpg?oh=9a721afd2701b6588793a6311c838414&oe=53E6CA20&__gda__=1408042544_ee459a4e9fb66690e09840edf8843b14

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

He looks spot on!!!!

Rocking that Power Beard well :pac:

• Advertisement

Such a pity you can't take a real fighter through career mode. Hopefully there is a title run mode.

Ya unbelievable detail in Conor!

UFC 173 spoiler
    Get TJ the f*ck in the game EA/UFC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sheehy83 wrote: »
    UFC 173 spoiler
    Get TJ the f*ck in the game EA/UFC!!!

He'll be in the first round of DLC fighters, along with a legend or 2, so that everyone will buy the DLC after buying the game

http://www.undisputedonline.net/forums/showthread.php?p=664183#post664183

Ea have confirmed a certain fighter will be put in asap and for free. All roster updates will be free except for specialty fighters.

Thats good news!

Excellent hands on preview here

http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/05/26/ea-sports-ufc-hands-on-impressions/

100 tracks on the soundtrack with *most* of the fighters entrance music.

-There are no standing subs that he knows about or got to see with the fighters he used.
    -Fighters in different weight classes fight at different speeds, with heavyweights feeling powerful.
    -There is a full moves list for each fighter in the pause menu.
    -They secured most of the fighter's entrance music, or replaced it with something appropriate for the fighter.
    -He talked about seeing the same ko animation (arms stiff) so I hope there is more than that.
    -Some fighters enter with their real life trainers.
    -Blood and damage seem to be pretty good.
    -Fighters slow down big time in the later rounds to the point of just trying to survive.
    -Fighters have their own uniqueness, for example A. Silva sways with hands down and C. Condit has his unique swing.
    -No taunt button or button to run which he knows of. The taunts appear to be automatic.

Excellent hands on preview here

http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/05/26/ea-sports-ufc-hands-on-impressions/

100 tracks on the soundtrack with *most* of the fighters entrance music.

-There are no standing subs that he knows about or got to see with the fighters he used.
    -Fighters in different weight classes fight at different speeds, with heavyweights feeling powerful.
    -There is a full moves list for each fighter in the pause menu.
    -They secured most of the fighter's entrance music, or replaced it with something appropriate for the fighter.
    -He talked about seeing the same ko animation (arms stiff) so I hope there is more than that.
    -Some fighters enter with their real life trainers.
    -Blood and damage seem to be pretty good.
    -Fighters slow down big time in the later rounds to the point of just trying to survive.
    -Fighters have their own uniqueness, for example A. Silva sways with hands down and C. Condit has his unique swing.
    -No taunt button or button to run which he knows of. The taunts appear to be automatic.

My favorite bit -
    If you go 5 rounds with two heavyweights like I did, it’ll appear as if the fighters are near comatose

:pac:

Yes! New official gameplay vid between Rousey and Tate showing off grappling, wrestling, ground game and submissions! That sub game looks like hard work, will take some getting used to I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,133 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yes! New official gameplay vid between Rousey and Tate showing off grappling, wrestling, ground game and submissions! That sub game looks like hard work, will take some getting used to I'd say.

That judo throw looked like magical nonsense.

That the armbar was a bit stupid too. Nobody has every paused there and fought for an armbar. The arm is completely open - No way that Tate could keep Rousey there.
    Would makes miles more sense if she just went for it and the mini games kicked in as they fight to get the finish/escape

Yeah, I thought she had sweeped her leg for the takedown 1st time I watched it. 2nd time was like she just flipped her on her side, not saying it can't be done but a leg sweep would have looked like a better option? (I know nothing about Judo so forgive me if I'm completely wrong :) )

cx3kJ2L.gif

Also yeah, the submission phases are completely there to fulfill their mini game. Disappointing there aren't flash subs but probably all sub moves will be broken into slightly unrealistic pauses to give the mini game 'stages'.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I thought she had sweeped her leg for the takedown 1st time I watched it. 2nd time was like she just flipped her on her side, not saying it can't be done but a leg sweep would have looked like a better option? (I know nothing about Judo so forgive me if I'm completely wrong :) )

http://i.imgur.com/cx3kJ2L.gif[
    Yeah looks like she just jumped on the floor there.
    Also Ronda's striking in the game is like 97 or something ridiculous like that.
    To put it into context, GSP's striking= 96 and Aldo's = 95. So Ronda Rousey is a better striker than GSP and Aldo in this game. Dana letting his Rousey obsession into the game.
    That is a ****ing joke.

EDIT: Just noticed it's discussed earlier in this thread, still warrants more discussion. Should be a lot harder to get a fighter to high 90's striking/Grappling. It shouldn't be handed out to every champ just because they're top of the weightclass.

Yeah, I think they had to up Ronda's stats to make her top ten in the game to make sure top ten were all champs. They look more like end bosses. I heard Bones is very hard to beat, even on normal mode which I like the sound of.

I was watching the UFC 175 press conference the other day and it was actually embarrassing how Dana was gushing over Ronda.

Edit: Rumour demo will be released next Tuesday. That would be class!

1st Gif I ever made (surprisingly simple with the make a gif website) Ronda's snarl is gas when she gets a slap in the face.

Edit, actually too small and quality isn't really good enough to catch it.

XbyShM.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Those fuckin assholes left that stupid sub octagon game in.

I was hoping they would go back to the traditional way, starting that mini-game ruins the flow of the fight and is completely unrealistic.

weemcd wrote: »
    Those fuckin assholes left that stupid sub octagon game in.

I was hoping they would go back to the traditional way, starting that mini-game ruins the flow of the fight and is completely unrealistic.

You mean back to spinning the analog stick really fast? No thanks!
    The biggest problem with the sub system in the THQ games was that you were unable to stop a submission attempt.

At least this way you have to set up the submission before hand.

There is no stick spinning here, you just press press the stick to the left, right, up ir down. No need for the big octagon over the screen though.

Conor has some nice ratings but surely his stand up should be better than subs.
    1. Jose Aldo OVR 96, STU 95, GRN 95, SUB 98
    2. Dominick Cruz OVR 90, STU 89, GRN 94, SUB 86
    3. Frankie Edgar OVR 92, STU 91, GRN 95, SUB 89
    4. Urijah Faber OVR 91, STU 89, GRN 95, SUB 91
    5. Clay Guida OVR 89, STU 85, GRN 92, SUB 85
    6. Chan Sun Jung OVR 92, STU 90, GRN 90, SUB 97
    7. Ricardo Lamas OVR 90, STU 89, GRN 91, SUB 89
    8. Bruce Lee OVR 94, STU 94, GRN 94, SUB 89
    9. Connor McGregor OVR 90, STU 89, GRN 86, SUB 90
    10. Chad Mendes OVR 94, STU 91, GRN 96, SUB 97
    11. BJ Penn OVR 92, STU 91, GRN 92, SUB 96
    12. Dustin Poirier OVR 89, STU 90, GRN 84, SUB 89
    13. Denis Siver OVR 87, STU 87, GRN 85, SUB 88
    14. Cub Swanson OVR 93, STU 92, GRN 94, SUB 91

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

The UFC picked all the fighter stats. They should have just left it to developers.

• Advertisement

Huge amount of details, including career mode and CAF creation in this hands on posted on the official forum.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10097079.page

Advertisement