Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student offers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I think the FETAC offers are on the next round,not 100% sure but I think I saw it somewhere. I got in on Mature applicant, I applied the FETAC route aswel but didnt need it in the end thankfully, it was for a different course do.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

bri007 wrote: »
    I think the FETAC offers are on the next round,not 100% sure but I think I saw it somewhere. I got in on Mature applicant, I applied the FETAC route aswel but didnt need it in the end thankfully, it was for a different course do.

What u mean by it was for a different course..

My first choice was Occupational Therapy, they dont accept FETAC applications, only mature student ie interview and then Leaving cert points.

My 2nd choice was Social Care, did interview as a mature applicant,the accepted FETAC,so basically had two chances to get this course. whereas the Occupational therapy I only had the interview to get me in and/or Leaving cert points (which I came nowhere near getting from doing it over 10 years ago)

Sorry, I prob didnt explain myself better on the last post I did. What course did you apply for?
    TheStig13 wrote: »
    What u mean by it was for a different course..

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

bri007 wrote: »
    My first choice was Occupational Therapy, they dont accept FETAC applications, only mature student ie interview and then Leaving cert points.

My 2nd choice was Social Care, did interview as a mature applicant,the accepted FETAC,so basically had two chances to get this course. whereas the Occupational therapy I only had the interview to get me in and/or Leaving cert points (which I came nowhere near getting from doing it over 10 years ago)

Sorry, I prob didnt explain myself better on the last post I did. What course did you apply for?

Oh I get you now :)

I've applied for computer systems management, kinda knew I wouldn't get in on the mature interview.... So hopefully fetac will get me in as I've got well over the points needed to get in..

Hopefully you get in on the FETAC route, sounds like you have an excellent chance after getting good grades on the FETAC route. Best of luck with it

TheStig13 wrote: »
    Oh I get you now :)

I've applied for computer systems management, kinda knew I wouldn't get in on the mature interview.... So hopefully fetac will get me in as I've got well over the points needed to get in..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

kave2 wrote: »
    Got my offer for level 7 course, Computing and Software Development in GMIT. If I accept this can I be offered my level 8 choice in other rounds(Computer Science in NUIG)? I have applied for 2 courses only.

Yes you can be offered the level 8 if if you are eligible. You will still be made the level 8 offer even if you accept the level 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

did anyone recieve any post from cao after accepting their offer online?

No I haven't received anything yet, I think its up to the college now that you accepted to send out info in the post.

gline wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Not yet. I was under the impression that the next lot of info would be coming straight from the applied too uni. I don't think I'm expecting anything other than registration details from UCC and I'm not sure if we get cao confirmation notices in the post.

This is what it says on my CAO page

Your acceptance of TR054 has been updated accordingly.

The offering institution will send you material about registration.
    Any further enquiry about the course or registration should be
    addressed to the Admissions Office of the institution - not to CAO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 BinaryRyan

I got the paper acceptance form in the post a few days after accepting other than that nope and not excepting any either.

BinaryRyan wrote: »
    I got the paper acceptance form in the post a few days after accepting other than that nope and not excepting any either.
    I havent recieved anything yet from UCD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Yes you can be offered the level 8 if if you are eligible. You will still be made the level 8 offer even if you accept the level 7.

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

ye just the postal acceptance but I did it online already

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BinaryRyan

I havent recieved anything yet from UCD :(

I haven't either so don't worry and if I remember it right from last year, you will get a pack sent out to you towards end of july/start of august with all the information you'll need and dates for a few workshops that take place at around the end of august that you can attend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 luckyirina

Does anyone knows what happens if I decline my highest priority offer? I got in as a mature student to my nr one choice, however I wan't to go to the college I have as a second choice (I was stupid enough to not realize that I will only get one Level 8 offer). I know I had an offer from second college (they contacted me before) and I know that I can get in as a FETAC student as I have highest possible marks for portfolio and FETAC. SO my question is will I get any other offers in other rounds if i decline the first and the best one?

lisar816 wrote: »
    It gives it on the letter you get in the post confirming your offer from cao, I didn't do an interview I did an access coarse so that's fetac level 6 and the points I got are too high for that i'm sure

Does it matter if i never got the letter? I accepted the offer online, but i moved flats a day or 2 before that and hadnt changed my address in time so I never got a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Does it matter if i never got the letter? I accepted the offer online, but i moved flats a day or 2 before that and hadnt changed my address in time so I never got a letter.

I doubt it matter being honest. I, like yourself, moved recently and accepted online but my old estate agent kept onto the letter for me. From what I could tell looking over it the information was basically the same you can get online and the acceptance form is pointless as the course has already be registered as accepted. I got a confirmation text the second I accepted my offer so I don't foresee and problems with this letter.

The next postal correspondence should be from the college themselves with registration details but if you've changed your address now you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

No it doesn't matter, I still have mine sitting here as I accepted online so no need to worry.

Just make sure you give the collage your new address so they can send your information pack out pretty sure the cao is finished with now so no need to inform them.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

Make sure if u applied to susi they know ur new address and also give it to the cao in case they have another offer for u in the next round

• Advertisement

Sean1975 wrote: »
    Make sure if u applied to susi they know ur new address and also give it to the cao in case they have another offer for u in the next round

I changed the address with susi and cao. I emailed UCD and the person said they get the address details from cao, so once i changed it on cao website, she said they would be notified by cao of my address change.

I changed the address with susi and cao. I emailed UCD and the person said they get the address details from cao, so once i changed it on cao website, she said they would be notified by cao of my address change.

Ah ur well ontop of things then :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

I accepted my offer online but did not get an offer/confirmation by post. Is that normal or should I be querying it?

Shine7 wrote: »
    I accepted my offer online but did not get an offer/confirmation by post. Is that normal or should I be querying it?

Did u get an email and a text confirming ur acceptance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Sean1975 wrote: »
    Did u get an email and a text confirming ur acceptance??

Yeh I did. I assume that means its ok....

Shine7 wrote: »
    Yeh I did. I assume that means its ok....

the next people u should hear from is the college i heard from Carlow I.T. pretty soon after but others have not heard from their respective colleges so i would not panic at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ralna

Does anybody know what kind of documents I have to give to the university (UCC)? Photocopies again like in the CAO application or originals?

Ralna wrote: »
    Does anybody know what kind of documents I have to give to the university (UCC)? Photocopies again like in the CAO application or originals?

did they ask u for documents??? As if its like carlow I.T. they only ask for a letter from susi as they will have all the information

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ralna

They didn`t, but I haven`t applied to SUSI because this is my second degree. I think that tehy would need something - diplomas etc.

• Advertisement

Ralna wrote: »
    They didn`t, but I haven`t applied to SUSI because this is my second degree. I think that tehy would need something - diplomas etc.

they will ask for a record of other third level studies so when u are registering a copy of ur degree would help. As for susi unless u are going straight from one degree onto a degree in the same field i think u can apply for it again. If i were u id ring them and ask no harm in getting help where possible

Advertisement