Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student offers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

ismellokay you can email CAO via their website:http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=contact

• Registered Users Posts: 19 avolon

ismellokay wrote: »
    Oh god I'm after making a balls of the whole thing :(

I received a call in May from my first choice and he said he was putting me down.. so I thought yes done and dusted just wait for today and accept.. thinking back I realized he said put me on a shortlist.. waaah

so today I got offered my second choice, which I now don't want

The next course I want is my 5th choice, which I went to the interview for and they said they would be happy to offer it to me and that only 19 people applied for the 20 spots.. so I thought I would be offered this too.

I'm such a doorknob like, does any one have the email address for cao? The phone line is engaged the last hour ahh the panic

There's no need to panic. You might still get an offer of your first choice in the next rounds. As regards an email address, I've linked the page Click it and it gives you a list of things you need but at the end of the page it'll give you the link to email them

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=faq

Take a deep breath and Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

fend wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted :( got 558 and applied for General Nursing, Midwifery in a load of colleges as a mature student. Totally gutted. Second time no I havnt got in.
    Thats pretty much time up for me now. Absolutely gutted. Is round zero even worth getting my hopes up for?

round zero is the round most offers are made so keep ur fingers crossed u may still get offered it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bloodstormaoa

Has anyone heard from UL re: Psychology?

I haven't received any communication from them and when I rang in early June, I was told that decisions should be made soon. It's my first choice, but now I've received Round A offers from LIT that I'm not sure whether I want to accept...

Especially because I'm really hoping to get UL... Didn't get my first CAO choice of Psychology in NUIG either. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ismellokay

I got through to cao, and apparently there is no way to get a place in a course that is lower down then the one you were offered.
    Nobody's fault but my own of course haha even though I know there are places there.

So its off to a different county I go, well if I can get a loan haha, grateful that I got offered that at least.

If anybody knows of any mature students heading to Waterford IT and want to house share please let me know :)

Well done all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

fend wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted :( got 558 and applied for General Nursing, Midwifery in a load of colleges as a mature student. Totally gutted. Second time no I havnt got in.
    Thats pretty much time up for me now. Absolutely gutted. Is round zero even worth getting my hopes up for?

have you gotten any feedback as to why you were unsuccessful? Really sad to hear someone giving up, especially since you have good points aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

Got International Spanish at UCD and have a week to decide weather to accept or defer.. I have to contact admissions.. In the mean time does anyone know the likelihood of a mature student getting a big loan to cover first year??
    If not I'll have to wait another year

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LaLacuna

Has anyone heard from UL re: Psychology?

I haven't received any communication from them and when I rang in early June, I was told that decisions should be made soon. It's my first choice, but now I've received Round A offers from LIT that I'm not sure whether I want to accept...

Especially because I'm really hoping to get UL... Didn't get my first CAO choice of Psychology in NUIG either. :/

Hi,

I got my letter from ul re. psychology (de-nied!) on 21.06.13. so maybe that you haven't heard is a positive sign? but as ul wasn't a cao application i dont think it makes much difference to your cao acceptance? i would imagine that you should accept any offer that you may feel is suitable from cao and if ul do get in touch later, accept it and get in touch with the cao and let them know you wont be taking the place up.
    it would be foolhardy imo to lose a solid offer in the hopes of another one!
    good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

avolon wrote: »
    What are you taking Korasa?

Arts. Probably Psychology, English, History and probably Sociology, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BinaryRyan

Yay, got into UCD computer science, ecstatic.
    Anyone else anxious but thrilled on what they've gotten themselves into/for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

BinaryRyan wrote: »

Yeh, its a great opportunity, but financially a challenge for 4 years.

BinaryRyan wrote: »

Yeah just wondering why the hell didn't I do it yrs ago. Only financial advice I can give everyone is change your bank accounts to student accounts as soon as u have ur student I.d

• Registered Users Posts: 19 avolon

Korasa wrote: »
    Arts. Probably Psychology, English, History and probably Sociology, you?

History, Celtic Civ, not sure between latin and politcs, Greek and Roman Civ.

Will be seeing in History anyway.

For those waiting on offers i found this that might help everyone

https://www.cao.ie/help_files/round_dates.php

Please pay close attention to August 1st especially if u have done a fetac course

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jojobrad

Chez1988 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the ITB offers for mature students come out i think i heard something about june or july but cant remember??
    I got my offer three days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chez1988

Ye got my offer aswel :) can't wait roll on September, congrats hope you got what you wanted and thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

got an offer for general science in nuim cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bloodstormaoa

LaLacuna wrote: »
    Hi,

I got my letter from ul re. psychology (de-nied!) on 21.06.13. so maybe that you haven't heard is a positive sign? but as ul wasn't a cao application i dont think it makes much difference to your cao acceptance? i would imagine that you should accept any offer that you may feel is suitable from cao and if ul do get in touch later, accept it and get in touch with the cao and let them know you wont be taking the place up.
    it would be foolhardy imo to lose a solid offer in the hopes of another one!
    good luck!

Thanks for the reply and advice! Sorry that you didn't get in to UL, I have extreme doubts that I will either. I should probably give admissions a ring! I hope that you were offered another course that you'd like to do?

That sounds like the best plan, however things have got more complicated since I applied. I may be (most likely am) moving to Japan for a year. So I may just apply for a deferral? Ugh, I'm not really sure how to go about it... I hadn't planned on leaving the country for a year!

I got my offer notice for my level 8 coarse and its says my score is 888 any idea what this means anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Got my offer for level 7 course, Computing and Software Development in GMIT. If I accept this can I be offered my level 8 choice in other rounds(Computer Science in NUIG)? I have applied for 2 courses only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 LaLacuna

Thanks for the reply and advice! Sorry that you didn't get in to UL, I have extreme doubts that I will either. I should probably give admissions a ring! I hope that you were offered another course that you'd like to do?

That sounds like the best plan, however things have got more complicated since I applied. I may be (most likely am) moving to Japan for a year. So I may just apply for a deferral? Ugh, I'm not really sure how to go about it... I hadn't planned on leaving the country for a year!

Hi bloodstormaoa, thanks but not to worry i was offered my first choice of TCD so it's all good ; ) you sound like you are spoiled for choice lol! whichever path you choose it sounds like you have great adventures ahead, best of luck!

lisar816 wrote: »
    I got my offer notice for my level 8 coarse and its says my score is 888 any idea what this means anyone?

Did u need to do an interview?? If so u get points for that

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

I was wondering about this as well! I got offered my second choice and it says my score is 999. It says my score for my first choice is 125 which I'm guessing is pretty terrible :( I didn't do an interview but my letter was awful (totally geared towards my second choice and then I changed my mind- d'oh!)

Probably in the points race now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

where does it give the score,is it on CAO or the college offer?

bri007 wrote: »
    where does it give the score,is it on CAO or the college offer?

It gives it on the letter you get in the post confirming your offer from cao, I didn't do an interview I did an access coarse so that's fetac level 6 and the points I got are too high for that i'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

Yeah its on the letter, right at the top under the codes for your course choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Huh, only noticed the score thing now. For me it give two different numbers, the first which is 999 and the second, which I am fairly sure is my MSAP score of 110. Would love some context on the first score. Guessing it's something that didn't apply to me and they couldn't be bother putting in N/A maybe?

checked mine there,i got 966

anyone know how they calculate this, I did an interview,and personal statement,so its obviously a combination of both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

did anyone go for mature interviews and also applied with fetac.I didnt get in on the interview so hoping to use my points from the fetac

Advertisement