Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student offers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beirne83

Hey
    I got a place to study Clinical Speech and Language Studies in TCD.
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

beirne83 wrote: »
    Hey
    I got a place to study Clinical Speech and Language Studies in TCD.
    Anyone else?

congrats! I'm still waiting to hear from them for TSM subjects. May I ask how long you were waiting since your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 knock83

Skcornnelg wrote: »
    congrats! I'm still waiting to hear from them for TSM subjects. May I ask how long you were waiting since your interview?
    I was only waiting one week :)
    Hope you hear soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 penguinpep

Hi I got a place in clinical speech and language in TCD too! I'm delighted! Do you know what dates we are due to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 knock83

penguinpep wrote: »
    Hi I got a place in clinical speech and language in TCD too! I'm delighted! Do you know what dates we are due to start?
    I pm'd you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Susiebloom

Anybody doing arts in ucd?😊

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MintyBear

Just got an offer for Actuarial Science at DCU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Anybody heard anything from WIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Got an offer for Environmental Science and Health in DCU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

Susiebloom wrote: »
    Anybody doing arts in ucd?😊

Yep finna pick Spanish, Italian and Portuguese in first year.. You??

• Advertisement

Yep finna pick Spanish, Italian and Portuguese in first year.. You??

Art history Celtic studies and archaeology so far! Might see you in Italian!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Anyone hear from any science courses in UCD?

Art history Celtic studies and archaeology so far! Might see you in Italian!

Cool :) Should be a lovely small class..

Cool :) Should be a lovely small class..

Still trying to figure out the whole credit thing! If I can't do that but what hope do I have?! Lol

You said you were going to do 3 subjects and as far as I know you only need 15 credits in each subject to advance that subject to second year/ degree.. So with 3x15 credits you'll have spent 45 of 60 so I'm guessing you'll have 15 left to take Italian or to spend on your first three subjects.. I think that's how It works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LaLacuna

LaLacuna wrote: »
    was told today that the decisions for TCD psychology mature applicants have just come in so we should be informed early next week! also UL said that they were hoping to make offers for same, around 2 weeks from closing date of applications which suggests that we could be hearing from them next week also....fingers crossed! NUIG have yet to decide on msap cut offs.
    having been told that decisions were made and that we would be informed early last week, I called again, late last week, ie. thurs, only to be told that we would definitely hear by the end of the day or fri morning at the very latest. it is now tuesday, hmmmm.......

wonder what's going on there?

You said you were going to do 3 subjects and as far as I know you only need 15 credits in each subject to advance that subject to second year/ degree.. So with 3x15 credits you'll have spent 45 of 60 so I'm guessing you'll have 15 left to take Italian or to spend on your first three subjects.. I think that's how It works :)

Thanks Simon! I thought that ok but wasn't 100 p. c sure! Information overload......now to figure out the timetable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EvaVodni

any word from UCC dentistry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Thanks Simon! I thought that ok but wasn't 100 p. c sure! Information overload......now to figure out the timetable!

You only need 10 credits to carry the subject to the following year, but you must complete the core/mandatory subjects. If you preselected your choices via the cao, 10 credits will be selected for you by UCD in your subjects (this is to secure you a place in your subject and can often be the core subjects so be careful if you drop them).
    Also, incoming arts students have to complete a Humanities module, which uses 5 of your credits.
    There is also a limit on how many subjects you can take in the year - which is 4. Humanities isn't considered to be one of these subjects. If you do a search in the UCD forum you'll find loads of info about the timetable process or you can PM me if you like.

Maldesu wrote: »
    You only need 10 credits to carry the subject to the following year, but you must complete the core/mandatory subjects. If you preselected your choices via the cao, 10 credits will be selected for you by UCD in your subjects (this is to secure you a place in your subject and can often be the core subjects so be careful if you drop them).
    Also, incoming arts students have to complete a Humanities module, which uses 5 of your credits.
    There is also a limit on how many subjects you can take in the year - which is 4. Humanities isn't considered to be one of these subjects. If you do a search in the UCD forum you'll find loads of info about the timetable process or you can PM me if you like.

Thanks a million Maldesu! I really
    Appreciate the help!

• Advertisement

Maldesu wrote: »

Thanks
    Luckily for me my subjects are all in seperate pools

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rob12c

LaLacuna wrote: »
    having been told that decisions were made and that we would be informed early last week, I called again, late last week, ie. thurs, only to be told that we would definitely hear by the end of the day or fri morning at the very latest. it is now tuesday, hmmmm.......

wonder what's going on there?

Hi , I found out today by checking MY.TCD.ie . Recieved my first choice the Psychology course . Hope you hear soon

Hi, me too!! can't believe it, so excited : ) congrats to you and me both eh! thank god the waiting is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GrumpyBot

Hey,
    I received an offer from LIT by post today, so I will also be joining the mature student ranks. :)

well done you!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

Got Commerce in UCC!!! Still waiting to hear from Finance

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ralna

Did you call them or did they contact you?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

I rang admissions, They knew for Commerce but are still waiting on Finance and Accounting decisions to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ralna

Congtars! I am waiting for Law (fingers crossed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Well, seems I should call admissions tomorrow in UCC and find out for sure. The office told me with the score I got in the MSAP I shouldn't worry but would still be nice to know for sure I guess. Good luck to everyone hoping for UCC.

Edit: F*** yeah! Got my place informally confirmed today. Hope others got as good news.

Advertisement