Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student offers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

hi just wondering about something. i went for an interview few weeks ago as a mature student. just say if i was unsuccesfull with the interview and they didn offer me a place? could i then depend on my results from the plc fetac level 5 course i done as i am waiting for my results, to try and get in trought the CAO. can anyone explain to me if that is poosible thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lipstik.Junky

Got my second choice, psychology in UCD!! Got wait listed for my first choice, Applied Psychology in UCC so am keeping my fingers crossed because I would prefer to head to Cork but still delighted I got a place first time around! Will anybody here he joining me in UCD Psychology this coming September?? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

elle04 wrote: »
    Well done to everyone getting accepted into courses! And to anyone else waiting, lets hope we hear soon enough! I got an email from ucd to say that they hadnt received the decisions on vet nursing yet and could be the end of may now before I find out!! Does anyone know if we find out....regardless if it's good or dare I say bad news???

Any word yet elle04?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elle04

amber23 wrote: »
    Any word yet elle04?
    amber23 wrote: »
    Any word yet elle04?

No word back yet, emailed them again and they said I'd hear in te coming weeks....:( I'm sick of waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

No word back yet, emailed them again and they said I'd hear in te coming weeks....:( I'm sick of waiting!!

I'm sure you are!! I'm doing an animal care course for a year, with the hope of getting into Vet nursing next year. Did you do anything like that? I hope you hear soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭fergisimo

Got my first choice place in UCC's Film & Screen Media! So excited! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭computer44

I got what I really wanted, second-level teaching Mater Dei, happpppy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well done everyone :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Fear Sneachta Ban

If you haven't got any offers yet should be getting worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭shawki

If you haven't got any offers yet should be getting worried?

I had to phone up to find out if I had an offer otherwise I would have heard nothing until the cao in July

• Advertisement

shawki wrote: »
    I had to phone up to find out if I had an offer otherwise I would have heard nothing until the cao in July

Did you have an offer? You rang the college you wanted to get into you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭shawki

Ya I rang admissions in the college, if they know most colleges will tell you. Just have your CAO number handy

shawki wrote: »
    Ya I rang admissions in the college, if they know most colleges will tell you. Just have your CAO number handy

Ok, thanks Shawki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Future electronic engineering student in LIT. So.. Freaking.. Happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Just got accepted to History and Jewish & Islamic Civilisations TSM in Trinity. It's my second choice but im chuffed to bits. I was aiming to get into TCD History and it was a tough road but I am over the moon it paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Skcornnelg wrote: »
    Just got accepted to History and Jewish & Islamic Civilisations TSM in Trinity. It's my second choice but im chuffed to bits. I was aiming to get into TCD History and it was a tough road but I am over the moon it paid off.

Congratulations. Do you mind telling me how Trinity informed you? I'm waiting to hear back about a TSM also. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Mugglewump wrote: »
    Congratulations. Do you mind telling me how Trinity informed you? I'm waiting to hear back about a TSM also. Thanks.
    Cheers. They emailed me to say the status on my portal account had changed. They don't say in the email so U won't know until you log into your account. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jimbo30

Hello all,
    I was accepted to History/Theology TSM at TCD. However the status of my History/Jewish Islamic Civilisations application has not changed (my first choice) Will I be offered only one course and not the other or will the status change anyway whether i am successful or not?
    Hope someone can help!
    Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

jimbo30 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I was accepted to History/Theology TSM at TCD. However the status of my History/Jewish Islamic Civilisations application has not changed (my first choice) Will I be offered only one course and not the other or will the status change anyway whether i am successful or not?
    Hope someone can help!
    Jim

Usually if you are or become eligible for your first choice you will be offered it even if you accept a lower ranked choice. Have the offers for History/Jewish Islamic Civilisations been made yet do you know?

Edit: Just saw that those offers have been made. If a place becomes available and depending where you are on their list you may be offered it if other students decline it. Having accepted another course usually won't affect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

just got a rejection from ucd then an email 1 hour later saying it was a mistake and i had been sent the wrong email......phew.... but still waiting now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 LaLacuna

omg gline that's dreadful!it's such a rollercoaster, hope you're able to laugh about it. fingers crossed for you, you totally deserve an offer after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

LaLacuna wrote: »
    omg gline that's dreadful!it's such a rollercoaster, hope you're able to laugh about it. fingers crossed for you, you totally deserve an offer after that!

And then i got another email off them with my name on it, and another email 1 min later saying to disregard that aswell...... So I emailed them and...... I got an offer for Science in UCD, ahhhhh.... I can relax now :)

Probably a mistake on the system is the reason I was sent the incorrect emails, sorted now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

gline wrote: »
    And then i got another email off them with my name on it, and another email 1 min later saying to disregard that aswell...... So I emailed them and...... I got an offer for Science in UCD, ahhhhh.... I can relax now :)

Probably a mistake on the system is the reason I was sent the incorrect emails, sorted now anyway.

Congrats man, Would have lost my my mind if I got a rejection by accident. Wouldn't have had time to see the correction email as I would have exploded. Gratz to everyone who got good news though. We can all relax til September.

anyone hear anything from Carlow IT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Got an offer for social science in UCC! UNREAL AHHHHHHHHH :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

anyone get any offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

TheStig13 wrote: »
    anyone get any offers?

You curious about anywhere in particular? Got my offer from UCC along with a bunch of other people. In fact I think most unis have offers available now if you call them or check student portals etc.. Haven't heard much about ITs yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mr Gunsmoke2013

Hey!! Just wondering if any mature students have received any offers from colleges yet??

Yeah i have, got it a few weeks ago UCD Forestry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

I'm waiting to hear from Trinity in relation to a TSM. As of last week, no decisions had been made regarding Spanish. My nerves are shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Is NUIG the only place that still hasn't a clue?! I rang again and they told me there was still meetings to be had yet :/ and the mature student officer is away till end of june :(

Advertisement