Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student offers 2013

Options
  • 25-04-2013 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey!! Just wondering if any mature students have received any offers from colleges yet??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Susiebloom

elle04 wrote: »
    Hey!! Just wondering if any mature students have received any offers from colleges yet??

Hey elle yes I received one for arts at UCD but only because I emailed Emma in admissions !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elle04

Susiebloom wrote: »
    Hey elle yes I received one for arts at UCD but only because I emailed Emma in admissions !

Oh really? Wow congrats? When did you email her? Coz I'm waiting on a reply from UCD.....I'm so so anxious!!! Ahhhh!!

Oh really? Wow congrats? When did you email her? Coz I'm waiting on a reply from UCD.....I'm so so anxious!!! Ahhhh!!

I emailed her on Tuesday and she said she had just received the results ! She asked me for my CAO no and confirmed I had a place! I would e mail her, she's lovely! Good luck!

I emailed her on Tuesday and she said she had just received the results ! She asked me for my CAO no and confirmed I had a place! I would e mail her, she's lovely! Good luck!

Hmmmm, ok I've emailed her, but will have to wait til Monday to hear back!! I'm hoping its just taking awhile to assess all the applications!! Fingers crossed anyway!!!

Hmmmm, ok I've emailed her, but will have to wait til Monday to hear back!! I'm hoping its just taking awhile to assess all the applications!! Fingers crossed anyway!!!

Have Faith! It was only that I was incessant! She said I would receive an email in 'a couple of weeks!' So that must be the painstaking process! What did you apply for in arts?

• Advertisement

Have Faith! It was only that I was incessant! She said I would receive an email in 'a couple of weeks!' So that must be the painstaking process! What did you apply for in arts?

Painstaking process indeed!! Haha! Ive included my cao number in my email, so if thats not being persistant, i dunno what is!! The wait is just awful!! Oh no, haven't applied for arts....vet nursing is what I'm going for!! Trying for ages to get it! So I'm hoping this year is my year!! :)

Painstaking process indeed!! Haha! Ive included my cao number in my email, so if thats not being persistant, i dunno what is!! The wait is just awful!! Oh no, haven't applied for arts....vet nursing is what I'm going for!! Trying for ages to get it! So I'm hoping this year is my year!! :)

Ok! I really hope it is your year! Sorry I misread that! Well, maybe it's just the arts decisions that are back? Maybe they do it in lots! Either way you will know! Emma is straight up! She will tell you either way! Best if luck! I hope you get the place

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

Received an offer from DIT at the end of the interview over the phone, am now sweating it out waiting for DCU to get back to me about my first choice. The waiting is putting years on me. Unbearable!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Got my offer for UCC yesterday. The relief was palpable. Good luck to all those awaiting results!

Well done on the offers guys!! Emailed ucd and they said it could be end of may before I find out anything!!! The waiting is just a nightmare!!! :(

• Advertisement

Well done on the offers guys!! Emailed ucd and they said it could be end of may before I find out anything!!! The waiting is just a nightmare!!! :(

Sorry to hear that Elle! Fingers an toes crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shane 25

Im waiting for a reply from UCD im very one track minded and didnt pick any back ups so am quite worried.I have everything crossed hopefully it happens.........Good luck to everyone else out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GrumpyBot

I've got an interview scheduled for LIT next week, so no offer yet. Hopefully I'll know more in the next few weeks.
    Best of luck to all others waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Got an offer from UCD for Arts. Its my fifth choice but im chuffed! Delighted that no matter what im going to college in September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

I've seen quite a few people saying that they have received emails from UCD about their acceptances to chosen courses. Any word on similar emails coming from UCC? I was told already I would be offered a place but it would be wonderful to have it in writing I guess :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

Congrats on the offers and good luck in the interviews guys. I received emails today that I have been unsuccessful in two applications. I didn't even get to the interviews unfortunately. :( Hopefully I can improve my application for next year.

Skcornnelg wrote: »
    Got an offer from UCD for Arts. Its my fifth choice but im chuffed! Delighted that no matter what im going to college in September!!

I got an offer for arts too Skcornnelg what are your choices? May see you in there!! Congrats

I got an offer for arts too Skcornnelg what are your choices? May see you in there!! Congrats
    History and Classics. Not sure about what else at the min. What about you?

Skcornnelg wrote: »
    History and Classics. Not sure about what else at the min. What about you?

Art history and Celtic Studies so far !

Well done to everyone getting accepted into courses! And to anyone else waiting, lets hope we hear soon enough! I got an email from ucd to say that they hadnt received the decisions on vet nursing yet and could be the end of may now before I find out!! Does anyone know if we find out....regardless if it's good or dare I say bad news???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

I received an offer for a course in RCSI and only have 3 weeks to accept it (and pay a 1k deposit!) :/ This puts pressure on me as there are other interviews I am expecting to be called for. I contacted these other colleges and they said they were still sorting out applications. I now feel as if I will have to refuse the offer and bank on getting one of the other courses (which I would prefer). I applied through UCAS also and found that application process to be much more efficient, having received word from all 5 colleges I applied to in March and within 2 weeks of each other (and having until August to accept offers!). I would like to stay in Dublin though and it would be a shame to have to move having gotten an offer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ray04

I was in touch with UCC today who said they will let me know early next week if i will get a place, went for OT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I just want to wish all you prospective mature students good luck with your applications.

I'm a mature student doing a BA in St Pats Drumcondra and I'm just finished first year (exams week after next).

I'm really happy that I'm doing this course and the lecturers love us because they have someone to answer their questions and interact with them. We(the matures) all sit at the front and the kids are all up behind us.

If you do get a place, enjoy every minute of it. First year flew by and I expect the next two will go quickly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LaLacuna

was told today that the decisions for TCD psychology mature applicants have just come in so we should be informed early next week! also UL said that they were hoping to make offers for same, around 2 weeks from closing date of applications which suggests that we could be hearing from them next week also....fingers crossed! NUIG have yet to decide on msap cut offs.

Anybody hear from any of the Trinity TSM's? Emailed them today but no reply. Only been two weeks since my interviews but im dying to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chez1988

Does anyone know when the ITB offers for mature students come out i think i heard something about june or july but cant remember??

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭deisebibo

I know mine is not CAO, but I'm starting again in college in September after nearly 20 years lol. I have an interview tomorrow in CSN in Cork. eeekkkk. really really hope I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

Got an offer from LIT for Social Care yesterday. letter dated 3rd of May. Delighted, was waiting to be called for interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GrumpyBot

Greenacres wrote: »
    Got an offer from LIT for Social Care yesterday. letter dated 3rd of May. Delighted, was waiting to be called for interview!

Did you get an email or was it just a letter? I did an interview for Computer Networks in LIT last week, so I'm waiting for confirmation of a place. If it's by letter I can stop refreshing Gmail every few minutes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Greenacres

GrumpyBot wrote: »
    Did you get an email or was it just a letter? I did an interview for Computer Networks in LIT last week, so I'm waiting for confirmation of a place. If it's by letter I can stop refreshing Gmail every few minutes :)

It was a letter, in the post :) best of luck, hope you get confirmation of your place soon.

Advertisement