Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student offers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Sean1975 wrote: »
    I don,t know about that but u could ring CAO when they open they are very helpfull and can inform u.
    There is another 3-4 rounds of offers in august also so there is still a chance as i have to wait till then about my level 8

are level 8 places not allocated today also?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

fend wrote: »

They can be its just i applied on the change of mind form for mine so i have to wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rickvanadder

Regarding Level 8, having received an unofficial offer in May In CIT I was assuming the official offer would arrive through the round A CAO offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ecoco85

fend wrote: »

Yeah they are :) got offered my first level 8 choice anyway. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Just got offered my first level 8 course, computer forensics and security in Waterford :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I got my social care course in Blanchardstown. I am relieved/happy/shaking all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 balloman

i got my first choice psyc nursing in dundalk but now i have it im even more bloody nervous wont sleep from now till september

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

I got my first choice Dcu Computer Applications!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MintyBear

Just accepted Actuarial maths at DCU!! Roll on September guys!

Congatulations everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

just accepted UCD-science. congrats to all that got a place. best of luck to those still waiting too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

I got offered level 7 and level 8 first choices in WIT. im f>>kin shocked! wasnt expecting to hear till 5th aug! anyone who havent heard donnt worry ive been speaking to wit guidance person last few months and she told me generally people who applied after feb deadline wont know till aug. and theres a lot of of course choices not accepted and offered elsewhere in aug.

fozz10 wrote: »
    I got offered level 7 and level 8 first choices in WIT. im f>>kin shocked! wasnt expecting to hear till 5th aug! anyone who havent heard donnt worry ive been speaking to wit guidance person last few months and she told me generally people who applied after feb deadline wont know till aug. and theres a lot of of course choices not accepted and offered elsewhere in aug.

Congrats I've accepted my level 7 today and if i get level 8 offer in august ill be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

Congrats I've accepted my level 7 today and if i get level 8 offer in august ill be delighted

congrats too. like i said im stunnned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 daisy_days

I just accepted level 8 Social Science degree in W.I.T I am delighted.

I also got offered a level 7 in social care which I had applied for last year but did not get offered it. But am delighted with Social Science as its what I really wanted. Best of luck to anyone else waiting on offers and if you do not get offered anything this year make an appointment with the admissions office. See why you were not offered a place then go do a related course get some work exp and apply again next year. Don't be deterred whats meant to be is meant to be. And take it from someone who had to do all of the above that year doing a fetac course has given me so much confidence and more knowledge about the subject areas that I could of hoped for had I gone straight in last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sunflowa

They can be its just i applied on the change of mind form for mine so i have to wait..

I was waiting for a level 8 as well but applied change of mind, does that mean it wouldn't have been up today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ms.sunnyb

got offered Social Science in Maynooth, delighted;) well done to all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

So, if I accept this offer now; can I still accept a level 8 offer from a different round?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 avolon

I accepted Arts in UCC. I'm over the moon and yet terrified! Well done everyone! Good luck to those who are waiting for the second round in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Congrats on the offers people. I suppose I will see some of ye in ucc come september!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 avolon

Korasa wrote: »
    Congrats on the offers people. I suppose I will see some of ye in ucc come september!

What are you taking Korasa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 elle04

Any vet nurses for AIT?? :)

Liamario wrote: »
    So, if I accept this offer now; can I still accept a level 8 offer from a different round?

Yes u can. I do recommend u ring cao helpline but that's what they have told me when I applied for the change of mind

sunflowa wrote: »
    I was waiting for a level 8 as well but applied change of mind, does that mean it wouldn't have been up today?

Possibly not as if ur a mature student it has to be looked at again so it might not get offered in this round.
    But there is still 3 more rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 6 luckyirina

Hey. Question from confused future student :) I have applied to 2 Level 8 courses. Today I received my first choice offer, but actually I would rather be going to the college I have as a second choice on the list. But no offer from there yet. (I know that theoretically I have to get it, as I have 600 points for the portfolio and they did contact me by email few weeks ago stating that they would like to put an offer and needed more info, which I did provide).
    The question is why is it only one offer? Or is it the case that you can't get two same Level offers and what should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

luckyirina wrote: »
    Hey. Question from confused future student :) I have applied to 2 Level 8 courses. Today I received my first choice offer, but actually I would rather be going to the college I have as a second choice on the list. But no offer from there yet. (I know that theoretically I have to get it, as I have 600 points for the portfolio and they did contact me by email few weeks ago stating that they would like to put an offer and needed more info, which I did provide).
    The question is why is it only one offer? Or is it the case that you can't get two same Level offers and what should I do?

You usually just get offered your highest choice that you have points/grades, etc, for. So in your case as you were offered your first choice you may not receive an offer from lower down the list. But you could maybe email CAO to check?

luckyirina wrote: »

I agree with paper clip contact cao they will tell u what to do exactly I have been on the phone to them for a friend of mine and they were really helpful. They phone lines are busy but their number is 091 509800 if u want to call them they are extremely helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kimmage

elle04 wrote: »
    Any vet nurses for AIT?? :)

No :'( heartbroken

• Registered Users Posts: 6 luckyirina

Thanks Sean and paperclip for the advice!

Good luck to all with getting what they want ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Absolutely gutted :( got 558 and applied for General Nursing, Midwifery in a load of colleges as a mature student. Totally gutted. Second time no I havnt got in.
    Thats pretty much time up for me now. Absolutely gutted. Is round zero even worth getting my hopes up for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 ismellokay

Oh god I'm after making a balls of the whole thing :(

I received a call in May from my first choice and he said he was putting me down.. so I thought yes done and dusted just wait for today and accept.. thinking back I realized he said put me on a shortlist.. waaah

so today I got offered my second choice, which I now don't want

The next course I want is my 5th choice, which I went to the interview for and they said they would be happy to offer it to me and that only 19 people applied for the 20 spots.. so I thought I would be offered this too.

I'm such a doorknob like, does any one have the email address for cao? The phone line is engaged the last hour ahh the panic

Advertisement