Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm out of pocket almost a grand thanks to not being able to work with my ankle. I should be off for another three weeks, but I can't afford it. Back to the grind tomorrow.

Also - getting up at 7.30 because I need to be in Dublin early sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

My boyfriend narrowly missed getting arrested for trepassing with his friends last night. No doubt, he'll big it up into this complete LAD story, forgetting how lucky he really was :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I seriously dislike work. How can you give out to me for something that I was never told? :mad:

New Pharmacy job, went in today- working Wednesday and Saturday and Sunday in my original job. There goes my week off after exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

New Pharmacy job, went in today- working Wednesday and Saturday and Sunday in my original job. There goes my week off after exams.
    welcome to adulthood. where days off become a relic of the past.

Think of all of the monies, monies you won't have time off to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Facebook is making the world too small. There is this like page just gone up about 4 hours. There's a photo on it of the person to be shamed. the person whos in the photo says its him so i check out their profile turns out they have one mutual friend. And their not even in the same country as me.

I rephrase. Facebook is making the world too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Ugh! My annoyance is disproportionate to the size of this problem, I guess, but I hate the 'obligation' on men to always pay for their girlfriend's meal in restaurants.

Me and her had a meal today and asked to pay separately and the guy at the till had entered it as a single bill before we'd asked, which is okay, but he said 'sure you should be paying for her anyway!'... Like... No! We just got a student discount for a reason, for one thing. We're not a married couple from last century where she isn't entitled to employment or deemed incapable of handling the household finances, and selfish as it may sound, why should I be forced to take the hit because I'm a guy? Is it because, as a girl, she should be pampered and treated like a princess because she's a girl? That's just idealizing women. And it's at the direct expense of men. Now, I would like to treat her like a superstar, for her, but that's not the point - we shouldn't expect relationships to have this pedestal. If it's financial, we're both pretty close to broke. If it was me who invited her to lunch, that's okay, too, but she had invited me! It's not about the money, it's just the principle... Nggah.. Sorry this is a bit of a cumbersome rant but it's a sexist social norm and I don't like it, and if the music in the restaurant hadn't included Arctic Monkeys, Frightened Rabbit, The National, Paolo Nutini and a few others, I would be more annoyed still :( Also the food was very nice. She still gave what she owed to me! To be honest, it was a pretty good day! But that was annoying, honestly. And what's also annoying is that it makes me sound like a dick to simply suggest it! Bah, humbug...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

13th consecutive day of working in a row. The cracks are beginning to appear. I'm not even halfway through. I don't know if I'll last the month.

Ugh! My annoyance is disproportionate to the size of this problem, I guess, but I hate the 'obligation' on men to always pay for their girlfriend's meal in restaurants.

Me and her had a meal today and asked to pay separately and the guy at the till had entered it as a single bill before we'd asked, which is okay, but he said 'sure you should be paying for her anyway!'... Like... No! We just got a student discount for a reason, for one thing. We're not a married couple from last century where she isn't entitled to employment or deemed incapable of handling the household finances, and selfish as it may sound, why should I be forced to take the hit because I'm a guy? Is it because, as a girl, she should be pampered and treated like a princess because she's a girl? That's just idealizing women. And it's at the direct expense of men. Now, I would like to treat her like a superstar, for her, but that's not the point - we shouldn't expect relationships to have this pedestal. If it's financial, we're both pretty close to broke. If it was me who invited her to lunch, that's okay, too, but she had invited me! It's not about the money, it's just the principle... Nggah.. Sorry this is a bit of a cumbersome rant but it's a sexist social norm and I don't like it, and if the music in the restaurant hadn't included Arctic Monkeys, Frightened Rabbit, The National, Paolo Nutini and a few others, I would be more annoyed still :( Also the food was very nice. She still gave what she owed to me! To be honest, it was a pretty good day! But that was annoying, honestly. And what's also annoying is that it makes me sound like a dick to simply suggest it! Bah, humbug...

If it's any consolation, I'm a girl and was having this exact conversation with my boyfriend earlier today. I told him from the get-go that there was no way I'd be happy for him to pay for me in those sort of situations. Grand if it's every now and then but only if I get to pay the next time. I'd actually hate it though if somebody paid for me constantly. I'd feel like a kept woman or something and personally, I'm more than capable of minding myself ,thank you very much :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Because of my ankle my hours in work have been reduced. Need second job. NOW.

• Advertisement

@jamjam I agree with you. My friend pure gentlemen pays for everything when with his gf buys her phones and gifts but it has him bankrupt living on crumbs. As a student. I was on a night out with him and the gf last year and it made me sick no offence but he spent 150 on drinks because she wouldn't pay that or he wouldn't let her. I brought it up with him but he ignored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

My heart is broken over these 2. :(

And this one has tried to get into the picture too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Because of my ankle my hours in work have been reduced. Need second job. NOW.

Need a job...at all! Got absolutely nothing in Galway :(

Need a job...at all! Got absolutely nothing in Galway :(

There's nothing left in my place I'm afraid! The Skeff's hiring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Have to stay up late tonight to study for an exam on a subject that I won't be doing again just so I can do the subjects I want to do next year :(

Ive been inside asleep all day :(

Last day/night with my college friends for the summer. Not able.

Too many happy couples turning up. Anyone know of a book how to get a girl in Ireland preferably who likes the same things , willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

So within the next two weeks I'm probably going to have to make one of the most difficult decisions since dropping out of college. Nothing is finalised yet but it's looking like it will happen. On the one hand it's an amazing opportunity to be given hut on the other it's stepping way out of my comfort zone and into the real world. Gah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I came home on a day that didn't suit me especially to help my sister. We get in some stupid little fight and suddenly I'm not needed anymore. Never mind all the hard work I've put in, the amount of days I've come home, all the effort I've put in.

Ugh I just feel useless and unappreciated.

Fuck this.

I can see myself working so many days in the foreseeable future but seeing a mere ~ €60 in my account does make me realise that I may need to :L

Jhcx wrote: »
    Too many happy couples turning up. Anyone know of a book how to get a girl in Ireland preferably who likes the same things , willing to travel.

Too many happy couples turning up. Anyone know of a book how to get a guy in Ireland preferably who likest the same things , willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Jhcx wrote:
    Too many happy couples turning up. Anyone know of a book how to get a guy in Ireland preferably who likest the same things , willing to travel.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We have our first nomination for Best Couple 2k13. :P

This makes me laugh wayyy too much but also sad because it makes me miss les amis.

My god foreign girls are nice

All I want to do is curl up and cry from the loneliness. Does anyone else feel like a constant plague and that friend that nobody REALLY likes? Just me? Oh well :(

All I want to do is curl up and cry from the loneliness. Does anyone else feel like a constant plague and that friend that nobody REALLY likes? Just me? Oh well :(

Na i wouldn't say you're alone... Feel like that on many an occasion but I'm just lonely from not having friends to party with

• Advertisement

Jhcx wrote: »
    Na i wouldn't say you're alone... Feel like that on many an occasion but I'm just lonely from not having friends to party with

I don't feel like contacting anyone for fear of being a plague but the lack of contact is saddening me greatly.

Advertisement