Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I know it's less than a week into it but I HATE my internship so far. I'm dreading going in tomorrow. Do not want. The next 3 weeks are going to be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Had two lovely encounters with racism tonight.:(
    There was this absolute cow of a one in tonight. Well past her limit. One of the new trainees was (trying) to take her order. This woman was being so loud and aggresive that the trainee was starting to get flustered.Takes a while to get used to the rudeness of drunks. So one of the Filipino guys at work goes over to help her. Starts explaining all the deals and combos being nice and polite. The drunk goes off on a tangent of how she doesn't want him serving her and starts abusing him. He goes over to help her out and she doesn't want him serving her because he's filipino? I mean really? Manager came over and told her she was being rude to staff and asked her to leave. She then goes off on a rant about how all the staff here are ignorant fockers. :rolleyes:

Second one was a bit more sinister.
    Was out on a fag break. Town was full of L.C'ers out celebrating graduation. There was a group of teenage lads walking down the street towards the shop. Two black guys an asian and a middle eastern guy all about 17 enjoying their night out there is a nutjob walking about 50 feet behind them shouting and roaring to people who weren't there. You know those drunks. The guys who argue with the wind. He spots the group ahead of him and starts directing his shouts at them . They're crossing the road coming into the shop and he keeps shouting. fairplay to the lads they looked at him and walked on. If they'd wanted to they could have thought the dope a lesson( 4 on 1 only ends one way no matter what colour). but they just let the abuse go. They go into the shop and mr friendly walks over to me and starts on with "howya kid." "well lad" "whats up with them fellas?" "what fellas?" " The bambinos" What was he expecting me to say ? Yeah how dare those guys of a diifferent ethnicity walk the streets of their HOMETOWN on graduation night, how very dare they!. I flicked my fag turned on my heels and walked into the shop. Stopped by the guys on my way and told them to keep their wits about them as they left as the gob****e was standing outside the door still.
    This was 4 teenage lads on a night out. This fella was in his 30's. it was fairly clear in the way he was following them that if they hadn't kept going he would have started on them. And for what?
    People make me sad sometimes.
    I mean in the fifties we irish were met with signs in the uk saying no dogs no blacks no irish. I would have hoped as a nation of historically downtrodden and discriminated against people that we would be totally accepting of everyone. It seems racism is a glove that fits us as well as oppression

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Well said, discrimination has no place in our society today, you'd be ashamed of the country the way some people do be going on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm trying to pack to move to my new place (enough of an ARGH in itself), but my ankle's in agony, I left my painkillers in the new place and I'm getting sucked in by Jus In Bello videos (SPN Con)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

So turns out chrome on my mobile is very heavy app and phone just can't handle it . Not sure if I'm angry or sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

So despite 5 days of Intense rioting in Stockholm,RTÉ deem sheep shearing more worthy of a slot on the Six one news.
    For f**** sake.

So despite 5 days of Intense rioting in Stockholm,RTÉ deem sheep shearing more worthy of a slot on the Six one news.
    For f**** sake.

There was rioting in sweeden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Jhcx wrote: »
    There was rioting in sweeden?

The Stockholm Police about 5 days ago, shot a 69 year old man,in what is being called racially motivated police brutality.

Also a woman in Kerry is going to shear 7 sheep in a brave bid in the World Championships. :p

There are some of the greatest

in a very Certain Irish owned company. and a massive security risk to both staff/the company and customers :mad:

I shouldnt be mad but its just down to the plain fact their ego is bigger than their arse so not enough room to ....... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Been home like three hours and I'm already sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Been home like three hours and I'm already sick of it.
    Been home all day and I've put in a harder days work with a spade than I ever did in the library. Feels great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Been home all day and I've put in a harder days work with a spade than I ever did in the library. Feels great though.

Well said, I'd like to quote a passage from my favourite Junior Cert poem if I may.

Under my window, a clean rasping sound
    When the spade sinks into gravelly ground:
    My father, digging. I look down

Till his straining rump among the flowerbeds
    Bends low, comes up twenty years away
    Stooping in rhythm through potato drills
    Where he was digging.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Well said, I'd like to quote a passage from my favourite Junior Cert poem if I may.

Under my window, a clean rasping sound
    When the spade sinks into gravelly ground:
    My father, digging. I look down

Till his straining rump among the flowerbeds
    Bends low, comes up twenty years away
    Stooping in rhythm through potato drills
    Where he was digging.

That was the one poem I knew for my JC. For some bizarre reason I just learnt that poem but by god I knew every word of it and could adapt it to any possible question. Those were the days <3

Music O' Music Where for art thou?

That guest i was speaking to earlier really has fcked over my mind. cant relax cant stop thinking. cant sleep cant eat.

So at work today I asked a dwarf if he'd like to Go large.
    Yup, that happened. :o
    my body almost locked up with the cringe i got when i said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

:o So embarrassed! Just answered the door to a really good looking guy (brother's friend) in my dressing gown!In my dressing gown looking like I don't know what, but something scary! And it's half 2 in the afternoon so I've no excuse for bring dressed like this. God!:o It would have to happen when I'm dressed like this! It wouldn't happen if I was all dressed up! God!:o He probably wouldn't go within 20 feet of me after seeing me now! And just keep mentally cringing in my head! He even apologised when he saw me probably thinking I'd just got up when I've been like this for 3 hours!:pac:

I never got the appeal of dressing gowns, that's the biggest argh in my life currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I never got the appeal of dressing gowns, that's the biggest argh in my life currently.
    My problem with them is after a few washes they start to look manky. No one looks good in a dressing gown! Well, at least it very hard to look attractive in one!:pac:

Someone come cuddle me?

Someone come cuddle me?
    You're only home one day.. how will you last the summer! :pac:

• Advertisement

You're only home one day.. how will you last the summer! :pac:

I want cuddles whether I was at home or in Cork, stop hating Paly :P

And I'll last the summer, working two jobs, having bants and herpderping around the place :P

I want cuddles whether I was at home or in Cork, stop hating Paly :P

And I'll last the summer, working two jobs, having bants and herpderping around the place :P
    Unpaid work is where it's at :( Herpderpers gonna herpderp I suppose..

Unpaid work is where it's at :( Herpderpers gonna herpderp I suppose..

Unpaid? Unfortunate :(

I'll be spending my summer cleaning hotel bedrooms for minimum wage, uncovering delights such as condom wrappers, bras behind tvs and other such niceties. And I got a phonecall yesterday from my placement pharmacist about summer work so standing for hours on end making up prescriptions, happy. :D

All the hours, all the low wages...

Unpaid? Unfortunate :(

I'll be spending my summer cleaning hotel bedrooms for minimum wage, uncovering delights such as condom wrappers, bras behind tvs and other such niceties. And I got a phonecall yesterday from my placement pharmacist about summer work so standing for hours on end making up prescriptions, happy. :D

All the hours, all the low wages...
    Tons of hours in shítty job x small money = big money :cool:

I'm farming away at home all the time, waiting for my pharmacist call still, should be soon enough!

Tons of hours in shítty job x small money = big money :cool:

I'm farming away at home all the time, waiting for my pharmacist call still, should be soon enough!

I hope you get the call so we can complain about pharmacy jobs together. :P

I'm on day 8 of 33 straight days of kitchen work. Do I win? I only get paid for 2 days a week at the moment :(

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I'm on day 8 of 33 straight days of kitchen work. Do I win? I only get paid for 2 days a week at the moment :(

You definitely win.

How's the interning going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Came home to find the shower has broken and so has the oven. FFS. Crap end to a boring day of study.:(

You definitely win.

How's the interning going?

Meh it's Ok. I just don't think hotel work is for me, I much prefer being in a smaller kitchen doing more varied stuff than being on one section the whole time. It's a good experience though and a decent place to say I've worked.

• Advertisement

I fear i may be slipping into a rut.
    It's my day off and I'm still not out of bed.
    There's 6 empty beer bottles on my windowsill.
    Last week I was the most productive person ever. what the hell has happened me.

Advertisement