Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I leave my window open while i sleep. I can't stand sleeping in a warm room.
    4 out of the last 5 mornings i've awoken to a wasp buzzing around my room.
    wasps are evil evil creatures. too stubborn to close my window though.
    got some proper revenge this morning though when i battered the beast with a book he fell right down into a web some enterprising spider had built in the crack of my open window. enjoy your meal friend.

Fup off wasps leave me sleep! :mad:

Lost it at 'enjoy your meal friend'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I leave my window open while i sleep. I can't stand sleeping in a warm room.
    4 out of the last 5 mornings i've awoken to a wasp buzzing around my room.
    wasps are evil evil creatures. too stubborn to close my window though.
    got some proper revenge this morning though when i battered the beast with a book he fell right down into a web some enterprising spider had built in the crack of my open window. enjoy your meal friend.

Fup off wasps leave me sleep! :mad:

Wasps truly are evil. We'd a hive in our turf shed last year, then last month we brought turf in and the next day this MASSIVE ****er just starts flying around the kitchen. My Dad threw his slipper at it and killed it. Twas impressive. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Wasps truly are evil. We'd a hive in our turf shed last year, then last month we brought turf in and the next day this MASSIVE ****er just starts flying around the kitchen. My Dad threw his slipper at it and killed it. Twas impressive. :P
    Leave out an ould jam jar, be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

me and my grandad were re-roofing his shed one summer. Throwing the old rusted sheets of galvanised down in a pile at the end of his field. the sheet lands and then a cloud of wasps rise up. turns out they had a nest built in the ditch by where we dumped the sheet. cue me and my grandad running for dear life from a black droning cloud of malice and stingyness.

we gathered ourselves soaked a few newspapers in diesel, grabbed the matches and burned every man woman and child in that nest.

I really really dislike wasps. why can't they be cool like the honeybee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Leave out an ould jam jar, be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Bulb is gone in our kitchen so I ended up oversalinating my dinnéir :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My inability to sleep has done me so many ills. Came home after a ten hour day, had a two hour nap. CAN'T SLEEP NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    My inability to sleep has done me so many ills. Came home after a ten hour day, had a two hour nap. CAN'T SLEEP NOW

I slept for about four hours in the afternoon,because,ya know,sleep is more productive than study..

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Was supposed to be hanging out with someone today. But instead they went to the pub all day and got drunk. Sure, I was invited but I didn't want to go day-drinking. I'm annoyed because they made a stupid comment when I said I could be meeting another friend today but I realised that is tomorrow.
    And the fact that they'll probably fob this off pisses me off. It's half nine. This is pretty **** form like

So they came over, smelling of drink and were all "Oh we'd plans didn't we?"
    **** off gowl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

First proper day of my internship today. In the kitchen of a ridiculously fancy restaurant of a ridiculously fancy hotel. I am terrified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

It's sort of depressing when your mother has a more active social life than you do. It's partially my own fault, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Why did I refuse to study and procrastinate all day long? :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm exhausted but refuse to go to bed. BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

It's bad when your vomit trail resembles the Taxi Driver hallway scene of blood and gore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

It's bad when your vomit trail resembles the Taxi Driver hallway scene of blood and gore.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Yes that is very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I dont understand my payslip, Its so confusing. Rawr!!!

Jhcx wrote: »
    I dont understand my payslip, Its so confusing. Rawr!!!

They tend to make them confusing to hide the fact they take loads of money off you in tax and deductions

They tend to make them confusing to hide the fact they take loads of money off you in tax and deductions

Thats the thing there robbing 180 from me. but giving me training allowance,l overtime and basic and then a load of digits thrown in and its like dafuq?

Payslips should be
    1 jan 2013 - 14 jan 2013

You worked 40hrs = €400
    overtime 7hrs = €70
    Training 7hrs = €70
    tax were taking = €180

Your total pay is €540
    amount your getting = €360

have a fcking great week try to live on that for 2 weeks :pac:

now that its come to my attention i dont even know how they even work out my fcking hours. Thats it im going into HR tomoro to work this sh t out :mad:

if you're new in the job it could just be the government taking emergency tax. if so you can claim most of that back. the government took half of my paycheck for the first month of my job. The lump sum i got when i claimed it back was something magical.

if you're new in the job it could just be the government taking emergency tax. if so you can claim most of that back. the government took half of my paycheck for the first month of my job. The lump sum i got when i claimed it back was something magical.

Crap that's what I was ment to do. Was ring them today and ask them when there taking me off emergency tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

End of an era tomorrow and I'm not sure how I feel about that.......more aaarrrghy than yaaahhhhhy I suppose.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

End of an era tomorrow and I'm not sure how I feel about that.......more aaarrrghy than yaaahhhhhy I suppose.

Is tomorrow your graduation, last day of classes or your "final-muck-up-pranky-day"? :)
    Tomorrows my graduation day then muck up, mess around day Friday.
    C'est crayyyyyyyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

deise_girl wrote: »
    Is tomorrow your graduation, last day of classes or your "final-muck-up-pranky-day"? :)
    Tomorrows my graduation day then muck up, mess around day Friday.
    C'est crayyyyyyyy!

Today was last day of classes. Tomorrow morning is like a party for the whole year then mass rehearsal and awards. Tomorrow night is grad mass and the real celebrations!

Can't believe we'll never have any more classes there, I will seriously miss some of those classes/teachers. Irish teacher was practically my second mother for 5 years :')

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Aww god I have a few days to go (yeah we're finished really late) and I've spent the last few days at home to study because we're not really doing anything in school and it's actually made me so sad and looking forward to going back tomorrow. I know it's just the nostalgia talking and if this was like January I'd be like 'ah sure I'll take another day off, 2 kool 4 skool' but this is all just very strange and sad to me. I'll be a bawling mess at the grads at this stage. It's funny how at times like this my brain happily skims over those periods when I absolutely abhorred school and was dying to get out of there, and how it'll be these bittersweet nostalgic times that I'll be reflecting on in the future. That's life, I guess. Just doing some profound musing while typing this, don't mind me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Not allowed to do any sport for 3 months :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

My sister threw up in a shower. Ew. I'm not using THAT bathroom for a while.

THE TOILET WAS THREE STEPS AWAY! THREE! GRAAAGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Someone stood on my foot in heels last night- The bruise will be magnificent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Argh sometimes I really hate having sallow skin makes me look sickly! :( Why did I have to be born with this skin tone! You're not pale but you're not tanned either skin, you just look manky! I need more sun!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Ahh, the night where school is finally over. Fun for all! Intoxication, socializing, mating, conversing and generally having what is commonly referred to as the "craic".

The night begins with a lecture from my parents. Drink responsibly! Give us updates! Be safe! Don't get into fights! Keep everything close! Of course, I agree. Fear not, dear parents, I shall be careful!

I then head over to a friends. We meet up, talk, laugh and make plans should the worst happen. We have each others numbers, and parents, and emergency services. We have plans to get home for after the events.

And so, merrily we set off, prepared to drink and dance the night away. We patrol the town. Where should we go? So we decide upon our destination. I think we should go here!

Then, disaster strikes. Entry is prohibited to one of us. Oh the horror! Why is this happening? We turn to gaze at the person who the fault lies with. Well, the others do. The fault lies with me. My crime? I'm too young. Four days too young, to be more precise.

So, everyone is a tad upset. We all have to head home. I however, wasn't going to allow this to occur. I tell them it's fine, enjoy yourselves, I'll head on. I'm not happy about it, but I do it nonetheless. So here I sit, typing my rant as my friends are out having fun. Because I'm four measly days too young.

Hurrah. :(

• Advertisement

I won't miss the accommodation I've called home for the last year. However, I will miss all the friends I have made.

Advertisement