Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Good mornin', good mornin'!
    It's great to stay up late,
    Good mornin', good mornin' to you

I can't get to sleep and I have to be up in two hours for work.......

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

PharmChem is the bane of my existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

it's twenty past five, i'm 12 bottles of budweiser in and am watching euro news. what the hell am i doing with my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

In order to study, I need to remove the laptop from the immediate vicinity. This is my fifth time realising this in the past two weeks. Hurrah! I'm a smarticle!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

In order to study, I need to remove the laptop from the immediate vicinity. This is my fifth time realising this in the past two weeks. Hurrah! I'm a smarticle!

In order to study, I too must remove the laptop from the room.

But in order to study, I need my laptop. :(

Paperless classrooms are a mixed blessing. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

601848_4638404087927_395376065_n.jpg

I have to wear this for the next week at least. All my exams are this week and I have work placement next week. Need to get another xray done on Friday because there could still be a broken bone in my hand. Perfect timing.

Also god help whoever has to read my exams. Lols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I will fucking strangle leo varadkar to death if I don't make it to my exams because of the bus strike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I will fucking strangle leo varadkar to death if I don't make it to my exams because of the bus strike

Loads of people are freaking over this very reason. I'm lucky my boyfriend's mum works in UCC so she can bring me the rest of the way to college tomorrow and Wednesday for my exams. The timing is shocking.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

So me and my girlfriend broke up...

Hey, I hope you're ok. I know that it's going to be hard for the next while but there's a long summer ahead of you to unwind, relax and forget everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

:( I feel for you man, long distance is a cruel cruel thing.
    try not to let it send you to too dark a place. easier said than done I know. now is the time to pick up a hobby, or gym or anything that'll distract your mind. keeping yourself busy will heal you a lot better than locking yourself away from the world in a haze of sleep and sadness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Man that sucks, as much as things seem crap right now and as crappy as it sounds, time makes everything better. Yeah it will suck for a while but you have to remember it will get better. The best thing you can do for now is occupy with other stuff as best you can.

There's someone out there for everybody but it may take a few tries to find em!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Went to the barber as my hair was getting a tad long. Asked for roughly 1.5 inches to be taken off as a bit of a trim. Left with a 1.5 all over.

The joys of being me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Have a crap vomitty feeling all day

Just realised I'll have to see her next week,that's going to be s***.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Things go away if you ignore them right?

Right? :(

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Things go away if you ignore them right?

Right? :(

I f****** hope so,if not I'm about to have a really s*** time next week.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

was supposed to change shift and go home today but the person never showed up for over a half hour and as soon as i left work they came looking for me. just the effort of having to try and get home is just so off putting. like i finish at 9;30 tomoro and it will be 2/3 when i get home and then back up on Saturday morning.

I just am really sick of the world.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

And I feel really sick in this world. Wahh, bleughh etc
    #TummyProblems

• Advertisement

If I'm not in hospital by Sunday, I'll consider the week a success. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

You know you're screwed for an exam when your anxiety starts flaring up 48 hours beforehand, instead of the usual hour or two. Probably should have actually paid attention throughout the term instead of leaving it all to now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've been sat on a couch (apart from bathroom and tea breaks) for the last 16 hours. I HATE LIGAMENT DAMAGE.

Even the internet is boring at 5am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Job Hunt: Day 1384 - The Search F*CKING CONTINUES

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Why would the person writing an exam paper wait until ~10-15mins before the end of the exam before notifying us of a change to the paper? The question, in its original form, was perfectly valid and, considering that most of the class needed the full 2 hours to complete the exam, there really wasn't enough time to complete the required number of questions AND come up with a new answer to a question worth 8-10% of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Today, I had the misfortune of being confronted by a teacher who seems immune to the whole concept of logic.
    So at break time, she strolls up to myself and two others and says they've to let students into the lab whenever they want to.
    So then I told her that another teacher gave us explicit instructions to not let anyone else in.
    What does the teacher do? She's starts talking about how we should let other people in because we're allowed in, completely ignoring the reason WHY we're allowed in - to look after the animals.
    Then she says, after this "If this happens again, I'm going to forbid you from staying in the Science lab at lunchtime."
    Was she not aware that we would only be going in one more time before the end of the year? What part of my statement "Sorry Miss, but Ms. X told us that we're not to let other students in." did she not comprehend?
    You don't blame people for following instructions, doing so is just stupid. You take your problem to the person who GAVE the goddamn instructions. I mean, you're both teachers. You see each other on a daily basis. It doesn't matter what sort of stupid feud you may or may not have going on, you don't use the bloody students as proxies.
    But NO, that's FAR too logical of a conclusion. I was quite honestly one more stupid comment away from just walking away, and letting her continue giving out to the others. I even had an argument prepared for if she said I was being disrespectful.
    *breathes*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I really wish I could tell someone how sad I am. How confused. Someone who I see everyday, I want to be able to tell them all the shit that has been going on, why I just disappear for hours sometimes...but I can't. I can't ask for help. I can't tell them. And I don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Moving house is effort. Don't want to pay for a taxi to move my stuff so I did three bike trips to the other side of the city, probably more exercise than I've gotten in months. Still so much left to move, going to look weird bringing a swivel chair on to Dublin bus tomorrow, just going to have to get over my self consciousness for that one. Or get up at six am so the bus is empty.
    I like that idea actually.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I really wish I could tell someone how sad I am. How confused. Someone who I see everyday, I want to be able to tell them all the **** that has been going on, why I just disappear for hours sometimes...but I can't. I can't ask for help. I can't tell them. And I don't know what to do.

Samaritans maybe? If nothing else it might be good to vocalise what you're feeling to another human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Lawliet wrote: »
    Moving house is effort. Don't want to pay for a taxi to move my stuff so I did three bike trips to the other side of the city, probably more exercise than I've gotten in months. Still so much left to move, going to look weird bringing a swivel chair on to Dublin bus tomorrow, just going to have to get over my self consciousness for that one. Or get up at six am so the bus is empty.
    I like that idea actually.

It would be great if the bus was full and you could sit on your chair. Everyone would think you're really prepared and think ahead.

Advertisement