Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE & the property tax

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

This may give some insight as to Alastairs refusal to pay his taxes in good old Blighty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

bgrizzley wrote: »
    you dont have to go to court or be prosecuted to commit a crime, just break the law. That would make you a criminal in relation to the poll tax (and me in relation to the HHC)

Nope - you need to be issued a court summons to be bumped up from a civil proceeding to a criminal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭emo72

these threads as usual descend into farce. the same troll(s) who spend their empty lives on here arguing and sniping on here. i didnt pay. dont care. fight the good fight lads.

emo72 wrote: »
    these threads as usual descend into farce. the same troll(s) who spend their empty lives on here arguing and sniping on here. i didnt pay. dont care. fight the good fight lads.

Enjoy paying the double-whammy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

alastair wrote: »
    Nope - you need to be issued a court summons to be bumped up from a civil proceeding to a criminal one.

dunno bout that Al. just says may be prosecuted by the state, nothing about issuing summons.
    i'd consider a burglar a criminal whether he was caught or not.

crime

/krīm/
    Noun
    • An action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law.
    • Illegal activities: "the victims of crime".

• Advertisement

None evident to you, for sure.
    Is this what you mean....
    alastair wrote:
    And as the poll tax. I was there and refused to pay. To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen - This is no poll tax.
    alastair wrote:
    What have I done? I've paid my taxes rather than waste people's time.
    like irony?

bgrizzley wrote: »
    dunno bout that Al. just says may be prosecuted by the state, nothing about issuing summons.
    i'd consider a burglar a criminal whether he was caught or not.

crime

/krīm/
    Noun
    • An action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law.
    • Illegal activities: "the victims of crime".

Try some local references rather than a dictionary?
    http://www.taxworld.ie/legislation/tca1997/past/960I
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/debt/court_procedures.html

Slick50 wrote: »
    Is this what you mean....
    like irony?

No irony evident there. I've paid all my taxes.

No irony evident there. I've paid all my taxes.
    Meh! denial!

Meh! denial!

Just the fact of the matter - I'm fully tax compliant here and the UK.

• Advertisement

Just the fact of the matter - I'm fully tax compliant here and the UK.
    Only because the tax you refused to pay was defeated, and you can see no irony in that. Enough said.

Only because the tax you refused to pay was defeated, and you can see no irony in that. Enough said.

There is no irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Just watched Josephine on the news.

Are they her own teeth, or is she running them in for a horse:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thread had gone way off topic and descended to the usual level of the previous incarnations.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement