Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE & the property tax

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I;m not going to get into an argument with a government troll.

HOWEVER, do I not recall someone ( Your mate Jimmy Reilly I think) saying that 60% of the monies collected will be used for local projects..NOT the lot.

I'm just home from work so am a bit bolloxxed, otherwise I would search for what one of your stooges/thieves in power said.

On 2nd thoughts, I think it wasn't JR, but more like Mick Noonan or BFP.

Or your imagination possibly? It goes 100% to local authority funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

HOWEVER, do I not recall someone ( Your mate Jimmy Reilly I think) saying that 60% of the monies collected will be used for local projects..NOT the lot.
    All money collect is for local services. At least 60% remains in the local authority where it's collected. Up to 40% may be redistributed from rich councils to poor councils, to fund local services in those council areas.

Alister, would You do us a favour and ask that nimcompoop madcon to either make a statement or STF up...

Surely there is something in the Boards Charter about this clowns actions?

There is something in there about attacking the post, not the poster.

Alister, would You do us a favour and ask that nimcompoop madcon to either make a statement or STF up...

Surely there is something in the Boards Charter about this clowns actions?

They're quite entitled to air their views through supporting other people's posts. I'm not clear why it should bother you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Phoebas wrote: »
    Revenue are reporting positive news on the LPT collection.

Geez dv, You ARE gullible...rte, funded by the state and a state body, quoting a person paid by the state!!!

WHAT ELSE are they going to say?

• Advertisement

Geez dv, You ARE gullible...rte, funded by the state and a state body, quoting a person paid by the state!!!

That it's not going well. As they do in relation to a myriad of government/state activities on a daily basis? Mind you - you're not great on paying attention to the details, are you?

Are you suggesting that RTE are misquoting Josephine Feehily? :confused:

Are you suggesting that RTE are misquoting Josephine Feehily? :confused:

It's part of the grand RTE-property tax conspiracy exposed and outlined in this very thread!

alastair wrote: »
    Or your imagination possibly? It goes 100% to local authority funding.

YOU are the onemaking the statement...SOURCE please?

That it's not going well. As they do in relation to a myriad of government/state activities on a daily basis? Mind you - you're not great on paying attention to the details, are you?

IGnore ally...am not going to trade insults with you.......byeeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You'll be waiting. None of your business tbh.

Hook line and sinker.

Tax evader. :pac:

YOU are the onemaking the statement...SOURCE please?

Source for what? Debunking your confused false memory?

The legislation is online - 100% allocated to local authority funding.

IGnore ally...am not going to trade insults with you.......byeeeeeeeeee

Buh bye.

It's part of the grand RTE-property tax conspiracy exposed and outlined in this very thread!
    It sounds very sinister indeed. I'm beginning to understand the level of anger now.

It sounds very sinister indeed. I'm beginning to understand the level of anger now.

They put it in the water you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

No, still don't know what that is about. Anyway I'm sure you and everyone else on the thread would like to join me in wishing the Taoiseach a very happy 62nd birthday today.
    Wrong again.... What's with you guys going into complete denial mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea, that poster was angered enough to not pay a tax before in protest, so he might be able to share his experience there with you.

They put it in the water you know.

Water from denial?

You're like an ex smoker constantly telling smokers how disgusting their habits are lol.

Slick50 wrote: »
    Wrong again.... What's with you guys going into complete denial mode?

Sarcasm isn't your strong point then?

Bruthal wrote: »
    Yea, that poster was angered enough to not pay a tax before in protest, so he might be able to share his experience there with you.

You don't know how right you are. I was very very angry indeed - particularly at the conspiracy of silence and pro-government bias evident on the BBC. People said I was crazy, but I knew what was going on.

• Advertisement

You don't know how right you are. I was very very angry indeed - particularly at the conspiracy of silence and pro-government bias evident on the BBC. People said I was crazy, but I knew what was going on.

Yea but phoebas the great won't see anything but a criminal evader. He/she might not want to join you in slagging off anti property tax opinions now.

Not if he/she wants to maintain this boards non law breaker ever pretence many on this site seem to have.

Not if he/she wants to maintain this boards non law breaker ever pretence many on this site seem to have.

I'm sure you're trying to articulate something there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Sarcasm isn't your strong point then?
    There was no sarcasm.

Slick50 wrote: »
    There was no sarcasm.

None evident to you, for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Oscar Wilde, is that you?

no, but if it was, i'm sure he would tell you that ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities...:p

I'm sure you're trying to articulate something there?

The poster you're joining in slagging anti property tax protesters, would see you as a criminal, as seen in post #2. As such, they must be perfect in their daily life, having never broken a law.

Either that, or else some laws are OK to break, once not tax ones.

The poster you're joining in slagging anti property tax protesters, would see you as a criminal, as seen in post #2. As such, they must be perfect in their daily life, having never broken a law.

Either that, or else some laws are OK to break, once not tax ones.

Refusing to pay your taxes is unlawful. If there's no mechanism for enforcement of overdue taxes, then the next step is a day in court and quite possibly criminality. Those who refuse to pay this tax are rather more likely to be the recipients of a nice penalty charge and deduction at source than getting anywhere near criminality - but you never know.

Refusing to pay your taxes is unlawful. If there's no mechanism for enforcement of overdue taxes, then the next step is a day in court and quite possibly criminality. Those who refuse to pay this tax are rather more likely to be the recipients of a nice penalty charge and deduction at source than getting anywhere near criminality - but you never know.

• Did you consider your refusal to pay the poll tax an act of 'unlawfulness'?
    • Did you refuse to pay the poll tax as an act of protest at the time?
    • IF not, why did you decide you would not pay the poll tax?
    • Do you consider all cases of not paying taxes unlawful, or do you get to cherry pick which ones are/are not?
    • Do you see any sinilarities in the stance you took on the poll tax issue, and the stance some of us are taking in Ireland?

I can keep asking Alsatair, your refusal to answer is an admission of hypocrisy tbh. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

you dont have to go to court or be prosecuted to commit a crime, just break the law. That would make you a criminal in relation to the poll tax (and me in relation to the HHC)

• Advertisement

SamHall wrote: »
    • Did you consider your refusal to pay the poll tax an act of 'unlawfulness'?
    • Did you refuse to pay the poll tax as an act of protest at the time?
    • Why did you decide you would not pay the poll tax?
    • Do you consider all cases of not paying taxes unlawful, or do you get to cherry pick which ones are/are not?
    • Do you see any sinilarities in the stance you took on the poll tax issue, and the stance some of us are taking in Ireland?
    • I can keep asking Alsatair, your refusal to answer is an admission of hypocrisy tbh. :cool:

Keep asking. No skin off my nose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement