Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE & the property tax

Options
  • 09-04-2013 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who thinks RTE are being one-sided in payment of this cursed PT? Mary Wilson, bless Her she sounded nice and fresh after her easter break, had a woman on the programme this evening talking as if everyone is paying this tax. Is everyone? I know I'm not, as I haven't got the money for one thing. But am I in the minority here?

Or are RTE trying to satisfy their paymasters by being one-sided with what they broadcast? I have yet to hear a programme where they pit a pro against an anti in a discussion on RTE radio ( which I listen to almost all the time).

PS: I will post a link for that interview mentioned above when they put it up on the net - I think they only put the podcasts up 24 hours after the broadcast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

You think RTE should be putting the criminal evader side of the argument for 'balance'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

RTE = state broadcaster = controlled by the government = not saying anything negative about the Property Tax? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

What's there to be one sided about?

It's a legal tax, pay it. Simples.

Last thing we should do is give air time to the soap dodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There is no option for not paying it,it will come from your wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Mid April and I've still no correspondence from revenue.

I'll ignore any I do get mind you, and OP is most definitely not in minority.

Labour are about to pull the pin on the coalition anyway I suspect. That will result in a general election, and will have political parties climbing over each other with offers of scrapping the tax in return for their vote.

Once you pay, doubtful you'll get a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks RTE are being one-sided in payment of this cursed PT? Mary Wilson, bless Her she sounded nice and fresh after her easter break, had a woman on the programme this evening talking as if everyone is paying this tax. Is everyone? I know I'm not, as I haven't got the money for one thing. But am I in the minority here?

Or are RTE trying to satisfy their paymasters by being one-sided with what they broadcast? I have yet to hear a programme where they pit a pro against an anti in a discussion on RTE radio ( which I listen to almost all the time).

PS: I will post a link for that interview mentioned above when they put it up on the net - I think they only put the podcasts up 24 hours after the broadcast.

You will, even if the social have to take it 20 euro a week from your Dole (if you are on the dole).
    Labour are about to pull the pin on the coalition anyway I suspect

Pfffffft! They are not going to do any such thing, the best they can hope for its to see out this term to the final day and hope that by then things are looking better. If they leave now they will be punished more than FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,712 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

SamHall wrote: »
    Mid April and I've still no pun pincorrespondence from revenue.

I'll ignore any I do get mind you, and OP is most definitely not in minority.

Labour are about to pull the pin on the coalition anyway I suspect. That will result in a general election, and will have political parties climbing over each other with offers of scrapping the tax in return for their vote.

Once you pay, doubtful you'll get a refund.

About to? When?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

RTE are slaves/puppets of the government and are being forced (willingly) to pedal false info regarding the tax in the hope that people will be fooled into believing everyone else is paying so therefore they should too.

About to? When?

I'll give Gilmore until June/July

Nessa will be the latest member to attempt a 'New Labour' party with the others.

The writings on the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

CJC999 wrote: »
    RTE are slaves/puppets of the government and are being forced (willingly) to pedal false info regarding the tax in the hope that people will be fooled into believing everyone else is paying so therefore they should too.

There is no should about this, its like motor tax you pay it, or you are off the road except even more so as you can't park up your house until you have the money!

• Advertisement

Specifically what false information about the LPT have RTE been peddling?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

Conspiracy Theories forum that way -->

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

SamHall wrote: »
    I'll give Gilmore until June/July

Nessa will be the latest member to attempt a 'New Labour' party with the others.

The writings on the wall.

Nessa will have joined up with, and left New Labour in a huff by July given her track record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

What's there to be one sided about?

It's a legal tax, pay it. Simples.

Last thing we should do is give air time to the soap dodgers.

I didn't ask for a lecture on the morals of paying this 'tax'. I asked if I was alone in not paying it...simples!

Nessa will have joined up with, and left New Labour in a huff by July given her track record.

She will be able to afford it with the pension.

Doubtful she will go hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

Whoever is in power wags the RTE tail.
    I'm quite happy to be branded as a 'criminal evader' as it puts me up there with the haugheys/ahearns/wallaces of this fair land.
    I wont be paying it either so, if the take it from me by other means then they will be robbing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

pitkan wrote: »
    I'm quite happy to be branded as a 'criminal evader' as it puts me up there with the haugheys/ahearns/wallaces of this fair land.
    I wont be paying it either so, if the take it from me by other means then they will be robbing me.

And there is the conundrum Pitkan: I can see a deluge of law suits emanating form this, and then what? They will suspend the 'collection' of this 'tax' while the pillaging of a person's salary/bank account will be mired in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Have you been on the wrong side of Revenue before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/letter.jpg

Something you won't see from the luvvies at RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

ya don't worry I'm sure youll be let off just like bertie and charlie were... Face it fella yor an ordinary joe like the rest of us..you might a well rob a bank and use that defence for the judge..

• Advertisement

And there is the conundrum Pitkan: I can see a deluge of law suits emanating form this, and then what? They will suspend the 'collection' of this 'tax' while the pillaging of a person's salary/bank account will be mired in court.

I can genuinely say that if they take from by any other means other than by my consent then they are robbing me.

• Site Banned Posts: 124 ✭✭The Queen of England

I can genuinely say that if they take from by any other means other than by my consent then they are robbing me.

LOL

Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They'll be robbing you in the same way as income tax,psc,and prsi is robbing you.

kneemos wrote: »
    They'll be robbing you in the same way as income tax,psc,and prsi is robbing you.

I dont have a problem with paying income tax or prsi. No union took a stance on usc but I'll be damned if I'll volunteer for the household tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

Why do you ask?

Cause he's trying to put the fear of god into you. That or he believes revenue have god like powers with a god like army to follow up and implement those powers.

Im with the devil.

mikom wrote: »
    http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/letter.jpg

Something you won't see from the luvvies at RTE.

1.4 million people in this country are refusing to pat this tax.

Waits for the cry'LINKS'

Not to my knowledge.
    Both this, and the previous Government have been legally robbing me since January 2011 by a promotion given to me which carried none, NONE, of the conditions/entitlements attached to others of a similar ranking.
    And, robbing me is the only way they'll get this tax from me.
    Roll on Saturday at Dublin Castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Revenue will run this tax for approx two years to put the shits up folks, so that they all offer up their name and house location.
    I predict after the two years are up and most folks have been roped in, then this tax collection will be auctioned off to a collection company.
    This collection company like all the other leeches in this country will get fat off the new poor.

I would also like to alert people to the reason behind the fact that there are so many "inaccurate" valuations of homes being sent out.
    It causes Mary and Paddy to get stroppy and send in their own valuation as a two fingers to the government.
    Those "two fingers" are the entrapment.

I would like to add as a home owner that I have not received a letter yet.
    I have no chance of putting my name forward to pay "rent" to the state on something I worked hard for and own outright.
    I will also not be giving them the location of my septic tank.

They can come around with my local guard if they like............... but they will have to book him between 1 and 2 or 7 and 8, as he is not in the barracks at any other times.

• Advertisement

Waits for the cry'LINKS'
    Don't be mad. You can't provide a link to your imagination.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement