Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

jenjenten wrote: »
    :eek: http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5040656/battlefield-4-review

polygon dropped their review score from a 7.5 - 4.0 :eek:

Apparently another patch due tomorrow for PC and PS4.

I have played BF4 a lot and the amount of crashes I get is truly terrible. Also in game stuttering is back like it was with the PS3. I have a 21mb broadband connection (I regularly get 17mb download speed) so I don't think its my connection or a PS4 problem.

BF4 is a potentially great game but EA didn't fix the bugs since BF3. I gave the benefit of the doubt before but I think they are right to drop their review score. I would say Killzone is a better game all round than BF4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

After buying the PS4 in Argos I got a €10 voucher which makes their rip-off games a bit better value.

Would love to get a shooter, BF4 being my choice when stacked against COD or Killzone but if they don't sort it out before Christmas I'll be spending the voucher on NBA 2K14.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

:eek: http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5040656/battlefield-4-review

polygon dropped their review score from a 7.5 - 4.0 :eek:

Apparently another patch due tomorrow for PC and PS4.

The site says there is an update due tomorrow/next day but only for PC... nothing for any of the consoles, did I miss something?

I am not surprised. The game is potentially the best shooter of the year but it is broken, and it deserves to be scored as such, I understand when they say the can recommend the game to anyone, how could they if last night I spend 2 of my 2.30 hours looking for a lobby, restarting BF, etc..

Can't even play campaign mode as it has already deleted my saved games twice!

Bohrio wrote: »
    Can't even play campaign mode as it has already deleted my saved games twice!

Same happened to me. I can't possibly rate BF4 as a form of entertainment tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

apparently the DLC and patch on pc hasn't fixed any of the issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Getting no kills or points for anything and the score boards is all 0.

Game is never going to end due to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

DICE are a joke!!...they have delyed the PS4 patch, and no date given....wonder if this is in reaction to the Polygon review update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I have played since the release of BF2 . All the BF series need to mature with patches ...although ,Now tha EA are raping the scene ,they migh not want to patch it as next yr EA will say its boolloxed and we have to buy a new BF5 .

EA are the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So, I can't find where China rising is available to download. I've the premium edition but I'm not sure how this works on the ps4. Does it download automatically or am I missing something really obvious. My big complaint with ps4 is the os. It's not great for telling you what is going on. Also the store doesn't seem to track purchases. It still offering me the option to buy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I have played since the release of BF2 . All the BF series need to mature with patches ...although ,Now tha EA are raping the scene ,they migh not want to patch it as next yr EA will say its boolloxed and we have to buy a new BF5 .

EA are the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.

It seems better for me this evening... What I find hard to believe is that they decided to release this game knowing that it was nowhere ready... why will they do that. BF fans will not mind waiting a bit longer for a proper game. I know this is because of CoD but is it really necessary, CoD has gotten worse and worse with time, use to be more a FPS simulator and now is more an arcade. I personally dont see them as a threat to BF, is a different type of FPS

• Advertisement

Earlier today I couldn't get a conquest game and it put me into squad team death match and team death match another time. The battlelog said they were aware of the problems but its not good enough. The games are exactly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DICE are a joke!!...they have delyed the PS4 patch, and no date given....wonder if this is in reaction to the Polygon review update?

Why would they give a **** about polygons review?

This all that matters

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps4/706551-battlefield-4/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

This game any good? Fed up with the release of the shambolic FIFA. Never played any Battlefield before, Am I too far gone to get into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I yet to have my game crash actually. Played for a decent bit too. I just notice the lack of sound in vehicles which is kinda annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It wont even start for me tonight. Useless game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Seemingly PS3 and PS4 patches have been released for this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-06-the-fixing-begins-dice-issues-battlefield-4-updates

I'm still sitting on the fence about buying this one, hopefully it works now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Seemingly PS3 and PS4 patches have been released for this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-06-the-fixing-begins-dice-issues-battlefield-4-updates

I'm still sitting on the fence about buying this one, hopefully it works now.

To be honest the PS4 patch did nothing really,it was supposed to fix the"one hit kill" bug.Dice have stated that they are working on all the other issues,but who knows when it will be a fully enjoyable experience.
    Now I've seen in various posts that some people playing on PS4 are having no issues with the game.I'd love to know the variables here?Which enable some to play the game issue free and cause others(including myself) nothing but problems(aka crash fest).

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I bit the bullet and ordered this yesterday since it was going for 50e. It was from hdwow though, so ill be waiting a week or 2 for delivery anyway, and hopefully it will be patched up by then. because this game is one of the main reasons i bought a PS4 so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

hi all, can anyone tell me when you show up on your opponents map.
    is it when you fire your gun/ when your spotted or both?
    never played this before, slowly getting into it and no instructions doesn't help!!!
    thanks, dave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

hi all, can anyone tell me when you show up on your opponents map.
    is it when you fire your gun/ when your spotted or both?
    never played this before, slowly getting into it and no instructions doesn't help!!!
    thanks, dave

You show up if you're spotted by the enemy, a commander's UAV, an enemy's motion detector or by shooting your weapon.

You can limit this by running with a suppressor (unless you're spotted by someone, you won't show up on the mini-map), but doing so means you sacrifice bullet velocity. So if you're aiming at someone 20/30+ metres away, you'll need to lead the target in order to hit him.

There are other methods of avoiding detection. Enemy motion sensors won't detect you if you're crouch-walking or prone. People that play the game also seem to have awful peripheral vision (I'm also guilty of having it), so flanks often work to a great benefit.

• Advertisement

thanks, also is there a way of changing your weapons while not in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

thanks, also is there a way of changing your weapons while not in the game?

Yep, use the battlelog site.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Just bought premium
    gutted it took 2 seconds to install
    meaning it was on the disc and cost me 50blips
    to unlock .
    ah well lets hope its worth it

My bad
    just downloading 3.8gb china rising

is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

is it worth it?

In the long run it probably will be as its basically giving you 5 DLCs for the price for 4 and you get bonus stuff during the year too.

But in all honesty, I'd wait until the game is working properly before getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

aaronh007 wrote: »
    In the long run it probably will be as its basically giving you 5 DLCs for the price for 4 and you get bonus stuff during the year too.

But in all honesty, I'd wait until the game is working properly before getting it.

That and the Damn Double XP weekend this weekend too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Are all the gamemodes 64 player?

Are all the gamemodes 64 player?

Some are and then it depends on the maps, not all are suited to 64 players games, just too crazy. Operation Locker is nuts on 64 player Conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So I've been playing this over the weekend. Probably put about 3 hours into it and to put it simply, I suck. Big time. This is the first Battlefield game I've played and in some game modes I just have no idea what is going on. I am regularly having matches were I die 18 times and kill 2.

In the Conquest modes I sometimes go for 5 minutes at a time without even seeing an enemy solider. I just get killed by a tank that rolls around the corner.

Any tips for a newcomer?

Also it wasn't until tonight that I noticed any issues. The lag was quite bad so I quit after two matches.

• Advertisement

Any tips for a newcomer?

Also it wasn't until tonight that I noticed any issues. The lag was quite bad so I quit after two matches.

Watch the tutorial for each game mode before you play it and then when you are in the game keep watching your mini map and play the objective. Keep spotting everything you see, with R1, you and your team mates will get kill points and it helps everyone out. Use the training area in multiplayer mode to learn how the drive and fly and how to control the recoil with your weapons and snipe scope zeroing and bullet drop. Change the control scheme around for the vehicles to suit you, I changed them to a GTA style and it helped me no end.

I'm new to it myself. Played about 30mins of BF3 online and the same with Bad Company 2. I have 1.5 hours logged so far with BF4 but I'm sticking with it this time.

Advertisement