Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So I've been playing this over the weekend. Probably put about 3 hours into it and to put it simply, I suck. Big time. This is the first Battlefield game I've played and in some game modes I just have no idea what is going on. I am regularly having matches were I die 18 times and kill 2.

In the Conquest modes I sometimes go for 5 minutes at a time without even seeing an enemy solider. I just get killed by a tank that rolls around the corner.

Any tips for a newcomer?

Also it wasn't until tonight that I noticed any issues. The lag was quite bad so I quit after two matches.

Best advice I can give is maybe to start off with standard deathmatches, (TDM) with smaller maps to get fully used to control's and hitboxes of the game, then move onto conquest and other modes from there...

BF can be daunting to play at first to any newcomer, I was playing Halo for years and found it a huge challenge to get used to...

I'm still fairly new to the series myself having only played 3 and a bit of one of the bad company ones, Conquest is mainly taking areas and sitting around til your team have control of the area, and taking all the areas on the map, when the clock ticks up you have control of the area, you can defend or move on to another one....

Another bit of advice would be to party up and play with someone you know with experience and try take their advice on board, chances are they can guide you in the right direction....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

So I've been playing this over the weekend. Probably put about 3 hours into it and to put it simply, I suck. Big time. This is the first Battlefield game I've played and in some game modes I just have no idea what is going on. I am regularly having matches were I die 18 times and kill 2.

In the Conquest modes I sometimes go for 5 minutes at a time without even seeing an enemy solider. I just get killed by a tank that rolls around the corner.

Any tips for a newcomer?

Also it wasn't until tonight that I noticed any issues. The lag was quite bad so I quit after two matches.
    Same here, first ever time playing it, Im shocking!

2/3 kills max and getting killed 10/15 times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It took me 5 hours just to get decent at bf

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It took me 5 hours just to get decent at bf
    Been playing it for about 12, just clicked about where to respawn on the map! Took a while what it all meant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I hate the level that's flooded.. I die so many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aindriu80 wrote: »

Work yourself around the edges of the map. The rooftops are just a complete and utter clusterfcuk.

aindriu80 wrote: »

I like that one. I hate all big city maps. Tanks everywhere!

Obliteration is such a brilliant game mode. Hectic from start to finish. Especially in and around where the bomb tends to spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Is there any disadvantages of buying battlefield 4 for ps3 then upgrading digitally to ps4 version, other than physically not having the disc? Planning on getting a ps4 in the new year.

OK I think this finally clicked last night, Didnt realise you could tags someone with R1, could you not just do a 360 and keep clicking R1? Didnt realise you could hand out armour and medical kits, it seems its not all about killing but playing as a team. I had 4 kills and was killed 10/15 times but still managed mid table in the standings after all my "team work" apparantely

On another note, I have checked the tutorials etc but what are we supposed to do with the Home sites, nuteral sites and enemy sites? Do we activate something? Around flags are we supposed to do something or just stand around it? Sorry every time I try to messa round with buttons I get killed so...well... Yeah I need help here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Cormo87 wrote: »
    Is there any disadvantages of buying battlefield 4 for ps3 then upgrading digitally to ps4 version, other than physically not having the disc? Planning on getting a ps4 in the new year.

believe there is a time limit on the upgrade offer. Check on Battlelog webiste for exact details I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Is it worth buying this game yet or is it still a mess?

I have a €10 voucher for Argos after buying the PS4 and it's burning a hole in my pocket. That and €30 worth of pre-order deposits to get back from HMV and Gamestop.

If this works I might get this, otherwise it will be NBA 2K14 (already have Knack, Black Flag and Need for Speed).

I got FIFA when I bought the PS4, must say I was so disappointed, decided to invest in Battlefield 4, Ive never played it before but what a game. Seems to have ben an update after I installed it, no problems for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

Any tips for a newcomer?

what fieldog said is right. team death matches are the best to get used to everything. i'm new, was a hardcoreTDM addict on COD and found this hard but slowly getting used to this. still unsure whether to go back to cod. maps are great compared to old cod's but dont know what new maps are like on it.

still can't change my weapon out of game, someone said battle log but still can't do it and its doing my head in!!!

anyone still having chat issues, i have a proper ps4 headset and can't get anyone to hear me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Any tips for a newcomer?

Learn the maps. Be constantly checking your radar for tanks/choppers and enemy soldiers, enemys show up on the radar whenever someone fires or is "spotted" by one of your team m8's .
    And use you squad m8's to spawn in on, to get into the action quicker instead of always spawning at one of your bases.. and fire in short bursts, dont spray.

Still trying to figure out this R1 thing, a bit slow here but everytime I press it a list of commands come up, asking for medical help etc but can never select one, should it not highlight the opposition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just tap R1 quickly to spot enemies.

Holding R1 brings up a list of commands. While still holding R1 use the Left stick (I think) to move between the command options you want to use, then let go of R1.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

anyone hear getting audio chat in this game? no one responds can hear the odd person talking. dont know if my something is wrong with equipment or just no one talks. doing my head in now.
    anyone got any input???

anyone hear getting audio chat in this game? no one responds can hear the odd person talking. dont know if my something is wrong with equipment or just no one talks. doing my head in now.
    anyone got any input???

I have killzone and bf, I've only heard maybe one person online and I was thinking it was me for a while.

Sooooo...is it the game or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

I have killzone and bf, I've only heard maybe one person online and I was thinking it was me for a while.

Sooooo...is it the game or what?

There's no chat on killzone what so ever, the chat on bf is restricted to your squad so the odds of Someone within it having a mic are small

• Advertisement

spider_pig wrote: »
    There's no chat on killzone what so ever, the chat on bf is restricted to your squad so the odds of Someone within it having a mic are small
    ah ok this makes sense now..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Have only ever played Battlfield on the PC and that was years ago. May be a stupid question but is there any way of playing co-op with someone else in the same room as you or is it just 1 player?

spider_pig wrote: »

There's party chat in killzone apparently.

I guess nobody's using the mics they got bundled then. As terrible as they are I assumed more would use them at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

There's party chat in killzone apparently.

I guess nobody's using the mics they got bundled then. As terrible as they are I assumed more would use them at least.

KZ chat is broke atm. but yes you can you party chat but that has to be set-up between people on your friends list.

Do people actually bother chatting to anyone but their i.r.l. mates/clan mates in online games tho?

KZ chat is broke atm. but yes you can you party chat but that has to be set-up between people on your friends list.

Do people actually bother chatting to anyone but their i.r.l. mates/clan mates in online games tho?

Chat to other players? No, not really, but I do tend to yell at them for their incompetence. Well, I used to. I've mellowed somewhat. I think :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Chat to other players? No, not really, but I do tend to yell at them for their incompetence. Well, I used to. I've mellowed somewhat. I think :/

You've still a long way to go to catch up with me in the yelling stakes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Did anyone here get the Gold medal for the Shanghai in Campaign mode ???. I have tried it 3 times now . Today I did it again getting the 3 tags (special items) and about 90+% headshots and a few melee attacks . I just cant get the gold .

Its really starting to pi$$ me off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Just wondering has anyone else's save in the campaign mode disappeared?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just wondering has anyone else's save in the campaign mode disappeared?

It did once alright, supposed to be fixed with yesterday's update though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I got the gold in the end . I've to get 11000 now for the trophy.

Advertisement