Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Does anyone know when the BF4 beta ends ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the BF4 beta ends ?

I think sometime next week before bf4 release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

It's over today.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    It's over today.

Well that suck did enjoy it the only big problem was the hit makers in BF4 but think that was down to EU players playing with American and Middle East players.I know that it be fix on release getting it for ps4 so any bug on launch should be fixed for next gen.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    It's over today.

no way ! That was sooo quick.

I tried to connect to BF4 beta this evening and it said something about the Severs not working

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just to remind everyone, we do have a Battlefield specific forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

I hope the new Dual Shock 4 will solve all the battlefield problems that are still there.

It looks like the rumours were true and BF4 on PS4 will be 900p and only 720p on the Xbone. Today I read that COD will be 1080p and 60fps on the PS4 while only making 720p on the Xbone. Good news but wrong game.

I guess it must be the Frostbite engine that is dragging down the resolution. The were doing a review in Sweden at the time with both PS4 and XBone. They said the PS4 was looking decent until they played mulitplayer where performance dropped through the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It looks like the rumours were true and BF4 on PS4 will be 900p and only 720p on the Xbone. Today I read that COD will be 1080p and 60fps on the PS4 while only making 720p on the Xbone. Good news but wrong game.

I guess it must be the Frostbite engine that is dragging down the resolution. The were doing a review in Sweden at the time with both PS4 and XBone. They said the PS4 was looking decent until they played mulitplayer where performance dropped through the floor.

If you value your nerves, I would not read much in to anything that is published all November. It is all click bait out there. No one was able to do proper reviews and comparisons so far. All of them so far have "but" stuff in them.

From what we know, PS4 is faster and better and already it is proved in theory on paper and already in games where ps4 versions run in superior resolutions.

If you value your nerves, I would not read much in to anything that is published all November. It is all click bait out there. No one was able to do proper reviews and comparisons so far. All of them so far have "but" stuff in them.

From what we know, PS4 is faster and better and already it is proved in theory on paper and already in games where ps4 versions run in superior resolutions.

Yeah I read some of the clauses at the end of the preview saying that it was still not a final product they had their hands on.

I hope you are right but I'm scratching my head because things didn't change too much in COD for the last months and they just confirmed 1080p and 720p rumours that have been around for a while.

If PS4 can't really do frostbite 3.0 then I wonder what the gulf will be in a few years time with it and the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PS4 version is look like it'll be great, one of youtubers (Levelcap) I sub to is predominantly PC gamer but his got a load of positive things to say about the PS4 and ONE versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I thought CoD always ran more FPS than BF3. Its infinitely smoother but thats usually because theres Eff all going on.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I thought CoD always ran more FPS than BF3. Its infinitely smoother but thats usually because theres Eff all going on.

Yea on ps3 and 360 bf3 ran at 30fps were as cod ran at 60fps but battlefield was always the better game.

Varik wrote: »
    The PS4 version is look like it'll be great, one of youtubers (Levelcap) I sub to is predominantly PC gamer but his got a load of positive things to say about the PS4 and ONE versions.

It's definitely going to be a big improvement. New controller and new hardware! I seen a few PS4 BF4 videos on youtube and it looks a lot smoother than PS3 but I was still nick picking with the BF graphics. Maybe its just DICE but I think things should be more sharp and less bloggly (for lack of a better word).

Some parts of BF4 look awesome though, looks like an artist drew them. I am holding off buying the PS3 version and waiting a month as I think it would be a waste not to go through the whole thing on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JohnTheGreat

Hey guys, just wondering where is the cheapest place to pick up bf4 on friday for the ps4 launch? everywhere I look, it's listed in-or-around 70e, which is way too much IMO.

Any ideas ?

Downloaded the android commander app so might give that a go when I get the game, as you need a character on battlelog to play.
    It's definitely going to be a big improvement. New controller and new hardware! I seen a few PS4 BF4 videos on youtube and it looks a lot smoother than PS3 but I was still nick picking with the BF graphics. Maybe its just DICE but I think things should be more sharp and less bloggly (for lack of a better word).

Some parts of BF4 look awesome though, looks like an artist drew them. I am holding off buying the PS3 version and waiting a month as I think it would be a waste not to go through the whole thing on PS4.

aliasing?

Downloaded the android commander app so might give that a go when I get the game, as you need a character on battlelog to play.

aliasing?

Yes that's it ! I would prefer less of it but it may be down to hardware.

I was thinking of getting the commander app but only have a 4.3" smart phone and it may really be designed for a tablet.

Double XP for a week from Thursday I believe ! Can't wait to get my hands on the DS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Yes that's it ! I would prefer less of it but it may be down to hardware.

I was thinking of getting the commander app but only have a 4.3" smart phone and it may really be designed for a tablet.

Double XP for a week from Thursday I believe ! Can't wait to get my hands on the DS4.

I side loaded it onto my note 3, it's a bit small at that to be honest.

Also, you have to get to lvl 10 before you can be commander.

SgtBob wrote: »
    I side loaded it onto my note 3, it's a bit small at that to be honest.

Also, you have to get to lvl 10 before you can be commander.

Nice device ! Level 10 in no time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That's for the Premium members only this weekend. Next weekend is double XP for all players and a scope unlock for the M1911 pistol for everyone who logs in on Dec 5th.

• Advertisement

That's for the Premium members only this weekend. Next weekend is double XP for all players and a scope unlock for the M1911 pistol for everyone who logs in on Dec 5th.

This weekend is for them ****ing up the BF4 launch, it's been opened to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

1 more sleep....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This weekend is for them ****ing up the BF4 launch, it's been opened to everyone.

I read earlier that they had to change it as it clashed with the Premium players weekend so they had to re oraganize the f up weekend.

Actually I got it wrong, the f up weekend is this weekend so they had to move the Premium weekend back a week so they don't clash.

I read earlier that they had to change it as it clashed with the Premium players weekend so they had to re oraganize the f up weekend.

Actually I got it wrong, the f up weekend is this weekend so they had to move the Premium weekend back a week so they don't clash.

The premium weekend is the one that moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Sorry if this has been answered before, but has the latest patch fixed most of the problems?

Hey guys, just wondering where is the cheapest place to pick up bf4 on friday for the ps4 launch? everywhere I look, it's listed in-or-around 70e, which is way too much IMO.

Any ideas ?
    It 65e still expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

beercr8te wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but has the latest patch fixed most of the problems?

I was playing it yesterday and it was the same. Takes ages to find a game lobby, and even when you are able to join one, lets say conquest for some reason you end up playing squad team deathmatch or something similar.

The game is very enjoyable but there are lots of problems at the moment, dashboarding continuously, loosing your saved data (campaign), fuzzy intermittent screen issues, etc.

I will try again today but I am afraid it will be the same.

I dont see the point of getting double xp if you can't play the game anyway.

This is a fantastic game when it works. I've had lots of sound glitches and it's crashed back to the home screen a few times, but the multiplayer is incredible fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just had my first crash to XMB :/ From the 30 or so minutes I played, it was great fun. Hope that hasn't erased all my good (read average) work thus far.

Advertisement