Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Thomas2142

I'll be buying this for the PS3. Then next year, upgrade to the 10€ PS4 copy. I've got no chance of getting the Next GEN console this year so getting the PS3 copy first would be great for me, getting a head start before heading to the PS4. Anyone reckon if the trophy list would be separate? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

The Battlefield 4 open beta begins on 1st October. I will be looking forward to that. It will still be pretty good on the PS3.

I think your trophy list should follow also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Will pick up the deluxe PS3 version ( for 99 cents :D ) and then pick up the PS4 digital version at the discounted price. :pac:

Looking forward to the beta , will try it on the PC and PS3.

Clover wrote: »
    Will pick up the deluxe PS3 version ( for 99 cents :D ) and then pick up the PS4 digital version at the discounted price. :pac:

Looking forward to the beta , will try it on the PC and PS3.

I was actually tempted to give that deal a go, as the upgrade for 10€ later on down the line isn't bad at all. And since stats carry over... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Will pick up the deluxe PS3 version ( for 99 cents :D )

How so???

• Advertisement

How so???

Traded in two games in Gamestop and was told it was on the 99cents deal
    so I got extra tade in credit, €69 in total.

Traded in two games in Gamestop and was told it was on the 99cents deal
    so I got extra tade in credit, €69 in total.

They still doing that deal? Might pop down with 2 games before college if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to post this in the PS4 thread as well but as it applies to BF4. Any PS3 version of the game will work, if it's retail you need to have the PS3 disc in the PS4.
    1. Sign into your Sony Entertainment Network account on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 or our online store via PC and visit PlayStation Store. If you do not have a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can set one up via your PS3 or PS4, or by visiting eu.playstation.com/registration.

2. Select "Redeem Codes" and enter the 12 character voucher code.

3. You will receive an entitlement to purchase the PS4 digital version of this game at a discounted price.

4. Visit PlayStation Store on your PS4 system or our online store via PC and purchase the game at the discounted price.

5. Before downloading, check that your PS3 disc is not inserted into your PS4 system as this may cause the game to malfunction.

6. Download and install the game on your PS4 system.

7. Insert the PS3 disc into the PS4 system in order to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Varik wrote: »
    Going to post this in the PS4 thread as well but as it applies to BF4. Any PS3 version of the game will work, if it's retail you need to have the PS3 disc in the PS4.

Does anyone know if you have to always have the BF4 PS3 disk in the PS4 when playing BF4 or is just first on authentication?

I hear some people saying to buy digital as the game processing is better? True?

mozattack wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to always have the BF4 PS3 disk in the PS4 when playing BF4

Seems to be the case alright , Have a read of this.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you have to always have the BF4 PS3 disk in the PS4 when playing BF4 or is just first on authentication?

I hear some people saying to buy digital as the game processing is better? True?

From the sound of it if you buy BF4 Digitally then you'll be able to play it on both the PS3 and PS4 at the same time, and with no disc in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

BF4 PS4, Offscreen gameplay.

And an impression thread on neogaf is praising the performance on PS4.

"Battlefield 4 PS4 TGS hands-on "nothing to criticize," plays & looks like BF on PC"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681833

BF4 PS4, Offscreen gameplay.

And an impression thread on neogaf is praising the performance on PS4.

"Battlefield 4 PS4 TGS hands-on "nothing to criticize," plays & looks like BF on PC"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681833

Some who've seen it are criticizing it and comparing it negatively to a lot of the other PS4 FPS games.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

@Varik
    Yeah, iv seen the ign dude say he wasnt impressed. (That was like a month ago at gamescom(?))
    That BF4/PS4 impressions thread i linked to is from someone playing it this week at TGS, the dude in question states he plays bf3 on pc, and reckons its a legit pc experience.. i hope he's right, im getting it day one for PS4.

@Varik
    Yeah, iv seen the ign dude say he wasnt impressed. (That was like a month ago at gamescom(?))
    That BF4/PS4 impressions thread i linked to is from someone playing it this week at TGS, the dude in question states he plays bf3 on pc, and reckons its a legit pc experience.. i hope he's right, im getting it day one for PS4.

That review has eased my concerns.

They need to get some real footage out though because that HD camera footage would put people off, the game looked ****e on PS4 so it is misleading

I just saw one picture on the battlefield google+ page :

553115_10151689158627672_1653476435_n.jpg

Its some guy buying all the parts for his gaming rig to play battlefield 4. I can understand the graphic card & i7 processor part but that is ridiculous.

I don't know what the PS4 is going to look like but the if graphics at GamesCon were based on anything like the rig above the PS4 might seem a bit ordinary.

I haven't heard about too many games going 1080p/60fps on the PS4 and BF4 might not be that different on the PS3. I think the best to hope for is no controller lag and reasonable graphics since its all early days.

You keep the PS3 BF3 box after all. I was wondering about what you would do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I just saw one picture on the battlefield google+ page :

553115_10151689158627672_1653476435_n.jpg

Its some guy buying all the parts for his gaming rig to play battlefield 4. I can understand the graphic card & i7 processor part but that is ridiculous.

I don't know what the PS4 is going to look like but the if graphics at GamesCon were based on anything like the rig above the PS4 might seem a bit ordinary.

I haven't heard about too many games going 1080p/60fps on the PS4 and BF4 might not be that different on the PS3. I think the best to hope for is no controller lag and reasonable graphics since its all early days.

You keep the PS3 BF3 box after all. I was wondering about what you would do with it.
    That look like he paid a lot of money like €2000 for those parts he be playing BF4 at 1080p and 60 FPS the ps4 720p at 60 Fps say it be grand unless you have a high end PC and buy it for both then you notice it more.

Complete waste of money, no game needs that and when they do you can buy what you need far cheaper.

Going to guess it's not his money.

Varik wrote: »
    Complete waste of money, no game needs that and when they do you can buy what you need far cheaper.

Going to guess it's not his money.
    He probably has a good job or he saved like mad that downside to PC gaming cost a lot of money but the games are way cheaper.

rob808 wrote: »
    He probably has a good job or he saved like mad that downside to PC gaming cost a lot of money but the games are way cheaper.

Or Mammy and Daddy have a good Job.

• Advertisement

Has anyone played BF4 beta on the PS3 ? It feels a bit better than BF3 but not a massive change. In saying that it seems to be a winner when they iron out all the bugs. I have a tons of bugs though.

I changed my mind so many times about the €10 PS3/PS4 upgrade but after a few days on the beta I am not going to play BF4 on the PS3. Its too fiddly. The controls are still the same. When driving the tank on Shanghai I get caught in corners and getting out quickly is almost impossible. They improved the helicopters general flight controls but when it comes to shooting it is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Not been impressed by the beta and that's nothing to do with the fact that it has completely frozen ps3 several times. It's really just more of the same of a 2 year old game! I'm sure it will look better on PS4. May give it a skip this year.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Has anyone played BF4 beta on the PS3 ? It feels a bit better than BF3 but not a massive change. In saying that it seems to be a winner when they iron out all the bugs. I have a tons of bugs though.

I changed my mind so many times about the €10 PS3/PS4 upgrade but after a few days on the beta I am not going to play BF4 on the PS3. Its too fiddly. The controls are still the same. When driving the tank on Shanghai I get caught in corners and getting out quickly is almost impossible. They improved the helicopters general flight controls but when it comes to shooting it is impossible.

It is disappointing really but I will still get it and upgrade to PS4 version when that's out purely to fill a month of my life and to learn some parts of the map. Anyway Rush will be fine on PS3.

It is disappointing really but I will still get it and upgrade to PS4 version when that's out purely to fill a month of my life and to learn some parts of the map. Anyway Rush will be fine on PS3.

Did you know that the white dusk on the street you see on the PS3 after the tower comes down doesn't exist on the PC version ? Also there is a bar on top of the tower. There is meant to be a lot of things missing on both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm still playing the beta each evening even though I recently bought Splinter Cell Blacklist so its still fun but I think DICE could have tried better.

One month for €10 is ok if you have time to kill but I will try to complete blacklist.

I can't wait to see the PS4 version !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The XM25 is just a magnificent weapon for dealing with rooftop wookies; simply glorious.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    The XM25 is just a magnificent weapon for dealing with rooftop wookies; simply glorious.

:D such fun

Why is this game on €17.99 in Xtravision on PS3?

Seriously don't understand that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Why is this game on €17.99 in Xtravision on PS3?

Seriously don't understand that price!

Nothing confusing about it, its clearly a pricing error.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Nothing confusing about it, its clearly a pricing error.

Xtravision website so bad they need to hire more web designers and engineers.

• Advertisement

Price up to normal again and any orders were cancelled.

Advertisement