Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Edit,
    When does "china rising" dlc release for non premium members anyone know ?

Its two weeks after it is released for premium but I can't remember when they got it.

Not being able to go through my solider in BF4 is annoying and I know you can use an app on the smart phone but my solider should still be in the menus.

I finally got the 45 kills with the M1911 hand gun. Just have to deliver 4 bombs and win a game of air superiority and the other game option at the very bottom for platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You know the pc version is no better off ?

My copy just arrived today, probably install it later.. not in the mood to play such a buggy game tbh.

I've no doubt, but I thought when I made a move back to console gaming, I'd leave all that behind me. Boy was I wrong, this PS4 is the most buggy game I have ever played. I have never encountered a problem with a single player mode in any game until now. Which really shows how rushed and badly coded the game was.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I've no doubt, but I thought when I made a move back to console gaming, I'd leave all that behind me. Boy was I wrong, this PS4 is the most buggy game I have ever played. I have never encountered a problem with a single player mode in any game until now. Which really shows how rushed and badly coded the game was.

Well, the ps4 is basically a pc now anyways. But yeah, from what iv read BF4 has some brutal bugs. A rushed game being made for many systems = BF4.

Sure the amount of crashes iv got with BF3 on PS3 over the years, it doesnt sound too much different then last gen. I had days with BF3 where the online game would literally crash every match, hard freeze the ps3. And i couldnt even play the online properly for the first month due to the lag and rubberbanding in BF3, and the control input lag didnt help.

I got AC4 and BF4 in the post today though, i might just stick with AC for the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

Anyone here got the ".45 old school" trophy?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Nagin wrote: »

Yep, anything i can help with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

yip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

You know the pc version is no better off ?

My copy just arrived today, probably install it later.. not in the mood to play such a buggy game tbh.

Edit,
    When does "china rising" dlc release for non premium members anyone know ?

china rising is wednesday. they released another effing patch today, the 200th http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/16/dice-releases-a-battlefield-4-pc-patch-fixes-include-the-infamous-sound-loop-crash/

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yep, anything i can help with?

Im trying to get that .45 trophy but Im shocking with handguns.

For now I still only have the default one and I read it takes about 350-400 to unlock the right gun to get the trophy.

Is there any particular maps/missions to do that will help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

For now I still only have the default one and I read it takes about 350-400 to unlock the right gun to get the trophy.

going for it now my self i started last night
    its frustrating alright, im finding it easier on domination
    nice small maps with close combat game play

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Only advice i can give is play conquest large with 64 players. The maps are pretty big and you occasionally run into an enemy from behind, or snipers lying on hills, just go up behind them and shoot them!

You'll give yourself an aneurysm if you try to take other players head on with only a pistol, so i wouldn't advise that. Play the game as normal, but when the opportunity presents itself, switch to the handgun and kill 'em!

Keep doing that until you unlock the automatic G18 handgun, which is a beast at close range.. it gets easier from there. 3 more unlocks after that and you get the .45

Also worth nothing that you don't just have to get kills to level through the pistols. Any assists or points scored via the pistol add to the "Levelling up" system it has to unlock the others.

• Advertisement

spider_pig wrote: »
    going for it now my self i started last night
    its frustrating alright, im finding it easier on domination
    nice small maps with close combat game play

Cool. Will give it a go

The combination of my bad shooting and that weak handgun is gonna made it pretty grindy for me.

"Deliver 5 bombs in Obliteration" is gonna be a headache too.

Wish i started playing FPS when I was a child, my hours or Crash bandicoot are useless to me now

Really good info Klair88. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

jenjenten wrote: »
    china rising is wednesday. they released another effing patch today, the 200th http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/16/dice-releases-a-battlefield-4-pc-patch-fixes-include-the-infamous-sound-loop-crash/

Sound, got a free code with the game for it.

I installed it last night to check out the graphics, had 2 64 player matches.
    And ofcourse it crashed on the 2nd one. I hope they fix it soon so i can get a few matches and get used to R2 and L2 for ironsights and shoot.

Sound, got a free code with the game for it.

I installed it last night to check out the graphics, had 2 64 player matches.
    And ofcourse it crashed on the 2nd one. I hope they fix it soon so i can get a few matches and get used to R2 and L2 for ironsights and shoot.

When i entered my code it somehow deleted my Campaign progress.

I was on a collectible run too. Fun stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Is China Rising not out today December 17th?

Edit:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/china-rising-release/ got to wait till tomorrow for us Europeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Patch 1.06 for PS4 out!....615mb

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065221500524865/

Dec 17 PS4 Game Update Notes
    -Reduced the probability of the “Kill trade” issue (see below for details).
    -Fixed a common crash that could occur during round transition.
    -Fixed a crash that could happen for players that had lots of friends.
    -Fixed a problem where the “end of round” screen was adding up scores several times in the rank bar, resulting in the rank bar showing a higher value or rank than players really had.
    -Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
    Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
    -Fixed an engine audio dropout that could happen when driving IFV’s.
    -Fix for a camera glitch that could occur when players were switching weapons while moving in crouched stance.
    -Fixed an animation bug for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike to make sure that the character is pointing in the direction where the player is actually aiming.
    -Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
    -Tweaked the War Tape audio setting to remove distortion.
    -Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
    -Servers with users playing on them are now by default placed on the top in the Server Browser.
    -Servers that friends are playing on have a higher priority in the server list.
    -Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
    -Servers that are completely empty will be shown only when the “Empty” option is checked in the Server Browser filter.
    -Server Browser filter will count a server as full if all “Soldier” slots are occupied, unless the “Free Commander” slot is checked.
    -Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
    -Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
    -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
    -Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
    -Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
    -Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
    -Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
    -Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
    -Lowered IED explosion sound to not bottom out the HDR.
    -General stability improvements.

Kill trading issue
    We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the time frame when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server. This should reduce the probability of kill trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got the patch this morning, seems a lot slicker, actually managed to get through the rest of that bloody campaign...:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Anyone up for a game? I'll be on for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Why the rush game mode so broken in BF4 it was a lot of fun in BF3 but just suck in BF4.The lag and frame drop are annoying with all the bugs it gonna take Dice months to fix it.when the game work it good but think BF3 better game than it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

rob808 wrote: »
    Why the rush game mode so broken in BF4 it was a lot of fun in BF3 but just suck in BF4.The lag and frame drop are annoying with all the bugs it gonna take Dice months to fix it.when the game work it good but think BF3 better game than it.
    Day one BF3 was better than the current BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Seems to be working better now, not had a crash all evening. Rubber banding is still an issue however. Several times I died when I was 'safe' on my screen, yet apparently not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Seems to be working better now, not had a crash all evening. Rubber banding is still an issue however. Several times I died when I was 'safe' on my screen, yet apparently not.
    Plenty of problems for me as usual. The old running on the spot every so often. Stalling for ages on loading screens and the newest one... the accept revive message not going away after accepting it. Was running around for about 5 minutes with it in the way of everything on screen :rolleyes:

I turn this off in disappointment every time I play it. Just not enjoyable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Most people still having problems after the update?
    I see for a few above it doesnt seem to have changed.

I really want this game to be good, and I think it definitely can be.
    All they need to do is squash the bugs. Underneath the bugs theres a great game imo.

Only got a PS4 today(thanks to the people on probably the most popular thread on boards these days:)) and want to buy the game but I also have it on pc (just as broken but getting a good bit better now) so really dont wanna get it on ps4 till its fixed.

I thought the recent patch was quite extensive judging by the notes

Edit:Just as a side note is there a premium edition of bf4 available yet? Gonna get premium anyway so be nice to get a discount for buying both at the same time, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

I had around ten games of Conquest tonight. Out of the ten I was disconnested out of around 5 of those midway through! Had a few games of Team Deathmatch and didn't get kicked once! So I'm gonna lay off the conquest for a while. Losing a lot of exp constantly being kicked!

That's the only problem I have with it so far. Well tonight was my first nights real play online so not much to go by. Will be getting stuck in tomorrow, gonna see how Rush treats me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've had far fewer crashes playing Obliteration than the other game modes. Not that I've played much if any TDM, Dom, Rush. Both iterations of Conquest has me kicked to the PS4 home screen all too often to want to go back to it. The game could be great, if it worked properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had a issue with disconnecting from the server but not the normal error, there's a good deal more lag than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I've been playing team death match and have'nt had any problems, its probably best sticking to this until rest of game is sorted out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've put about 6 or 7 hours into BF4 multiplayer now and have only been disconnected once in all that time. It really has been pretty smooth for me. I play Domination almost exclusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 howdydoody122

thinking of getting this, it looks awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

My career progress was deleted aswell, very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

My career progress was deleted aswell, very annoying

Same here have do 3 mission which I already had done.

Advertisement