Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I just lost all my campaign progress in BF4 on the PS4. Everything gone ! I just finished the fourth mission and an error came up ( I got tons of them), but this time it is different, it said my save files are corrupt and it brought me back into the campaign again at the very first level. I can't believe it.

I have the latest version of the firmware - 1.51. I must have submitted around 25 error messages and have frequently crashed out of both multiplayer and single player. I would like to complain to DICE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

did you guys download and install the 608mb patch....?, keyword - install.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Other than few filled EU servers and the game not letting me in sometime, this game is great.

I'm on right now; Dreadaxe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I just lost all my campaign progress in BF4 on the PS4. Everything gone ! I just finished the fourth mission and an error came up ( I got tons of them), but this time it is different, it said my save files are corrupt and it brought me back into the campaign again at the very first level. I can't believe it.

I have the latest version of the firmware - 1.51. I must have submitted around 25 error messages and have frequently crashed out of both multiplayer and single player. I would like to complain to DICE.

There are several big issues with BF4 at the moment. I have also lost my campaign progress twice since I got it (finished it in PC). I decided to stop as it was becoming very frustrating. Weird thing is that Dice has decided to give us double XP in compensation for all the issues we are having but what the point if the game is still broken! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My game was in Spanish when I first started it.

A quick Google taught me that you needed to switch your language settings from either English UK to English US or vice versa. Weird bug

• Advertisement

I keep getting Error CE-34878-0 which promptly crashes BF4. Sounds like they don't know how PC architecture works.

Its a great game though, I only have been playing it 6 hours 9 minutes play time but it plays much better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Has anyone any tips for someone who is a complete noob using a controller for a FPS?
    I'm getting destroyed on BF4 online. Getting slightly better with each game but I'm just so slow at lining up a target.

Help a noob out please....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Has anyone any tips for someone who is a complete noob using a controller for a FPS?
    I'm getting destroyed on BF4 online. Getting slightly better with each game but I'm just so slow at lining up a target.

Help a noob out please....

Keyboard and mouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Keyboard and mouse is now possible? :)

I can never play against my kids in any fps because I'm such an old fart.

A keyboard and mouse might even up the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Four CE-34878-0 error crashes in the last hour while on multiplayer on PS4 and yes the update is installed(before anyone mentions it).I give up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bazzz wrote: »
    Four CE-34878-0 error crashes in the last hour while on multiplayer on PS4 and yes the update is installed(before anyone mentions it).I give up :rolleyes:

Happened to me on the campaign end of 3rd level on hard, I'm half scared to start multiplayer from reports on here...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I must be lucky no crash or save bugs
    On it all day too

Fieldog wrote: »
    Happened to me on the campaign end of 3rd level on hard, I'm half scared to start multiplayer from reports on here...

Just as you finished up with the aircraft carrier in the bridge ? I think thats where mine went belly up as well.

I keep getting the CE-34878-0 regularly but it keeps adding your stats even if you leave a game mid way AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just as you finished up with the aircraft carrier in the bridge ? I think thats where mine went belly up as well.

I keep getting the CE-34878-0 regularly but it keeps adding your stats even if you leave a game mid way AFAIK.

Yup,

Exact same spot as me so, came in off the boat into the aircraft carrier, ran up the stairs to the 3 lads and popped back to the menu screen with the error message, a royal pain in the bum....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

When this works, its absolutely brilliant. When it kicks you to the XMB or lags like crazy its frustrating as hell.

Had a few good games with Dreadaxe, Klair and tok this evening. One game myself and tok were just running back and forth between 2 flags as we kept and recapping both A and B. Good little battle, and by the time it was won and we moved up the map, the game was almost over. Nosebleeds all round when we finally got to the middle of the map :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Played it a bit last night. Was annihilated of course but I expected that. Will take a while to get used to vehicles and so on. Game didn't crash or anything else like that so happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

is this game only crashing in cq mode or even to other modes as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Lost all my campaign progress they need to sort this mess out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Lost all my campaign progress they need to sort this mess out.

Yeah I stop playing campaign mode because of that. I am gonna wait until they fix it before trying again..

All game modes are affected, however, it seems easier to get TDM for example than CQ. Although I have also noticed that sometimes I select CQ and I end up playing TDM for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone get their headset working perfect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Rush game mode seems broken spawn trap in and bad spawn need to be balance out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone get their headset working perfect?

chat volume could be a bit higher, it's can be very loud on PS3 but on PS4 I need to have the game audio down a bit to hear.

Nothing a patch couldn't fix.

Also there's echos and reverb at times, it's hard to know where it's coming from.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yup,

Exact same spot as me so, came in off the boat into the aircraft carrier, ran up the stairs to the 3 lads and popped back to the menu screen with the error message, a royal pain in the bum....

Bad luck dude :S

I'm not going to try it again for a while.

Is anyone getting BF4 premium ? I had it the BF3 premium for the PS3 but I guess it has expired (Date Purchased: 15/06/2012) ?

Is there a date that you should get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Anyone else getting this wired controller bug, where you play a game, go to the XMB go bck and your controller is frozen till you exit out of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Bad luck dude :S

I'm not going to try it again for a while.

Is anyone getting BF4 premium ? I had it the BF3 premium for the PS3 but I guess it has expired (Date Purchased: 15/06/2012) ?

Is there a date that you should get it ?

I bought it myself. China Rising DLC for Premium players is released tomorrow. Although I'd rather they fix the stream of issues and bugs before they bring out DLC. Like BF3, I suppose they might patch things as they roll out DLC, but I hope not though and get the problems fixed asap.
    Anyone else getting this wired controller bug, where you play a game, go to the XMB go bck and your controller is frozen till you exit out of the game?

Had a similar issue when a round started. Wasn't able to turn my character. Strafing, shooting, crouch, grenades, equipment all worked fine, just couldn't turn left or right. Suicided and then it went back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd like to know when the Second Assault DLC will be released for the PS4. Can't wait to unlock the F2000. The MTAR or X95 as its known now in the China Rising DLC will be a beast in close quarters. Thankfully I haven't had any crashes or bugs yet and my single player data is still intact even though I only played about half of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

:eek: http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5040656/battlefield-4-review

polygon dropped their review score from a 7.5 - 4.0 :eek:

Apparently another patch due tomorrow for PC and PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

jenjenten wrote: »
    :eek: http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5040656/battlefield-4-r

polygon dropped their review score from a 7.5 - 4.0 :eek:

Apparently another patch due tomorrow for PC and PS4.

This is the same Arthur Gies that failed to mention micro transactions and awarded Forza a 9. The amount of decent gaming sites I could probably count on one hand and Polygon ain't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Polygon are a joke. 7.5 for the Last of Us. That made little baby Jeebus cry.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/5/4396286/the-last-of-us-review

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Polygon are a joke. 7.5 for the Last of Us. That made little baby Jeebus cry.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/5/4396286/the-last-of-us-review

Their review of the PS4 was a joke. No mention of 1080p native resolution. No it was that you couldnt browse the xmb with a remote on the ps4 and you could on the xbone.... Which was then revealed to be a complete lie.

I hate them so much.

Their review of TLoU was a joke because the points they criticised were the points that 99.999999% of the world praised. I'd accept if they criticised one of the actual faults of the game like Quarter-to-three did in their 6/10 review.

Advertisement