Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

loving this game at moment, I am a big COD fanboy and play mutiplayer a lot. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Just wondering has anyone else's save in the campaign mode disappeared?

I lost my file save but tried it again after the patch and got through the entire campaign without losing anything. I still had a crash or 2 though.

Getting 45 kills with the hand gun is going to be pretty hard. Especially with one of the later models that you have to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Getting 45 kills with the hand gun is going to be pretty hard. Especially with one of the later models that you have to unlock.

The hard part is unlocking the 1911 imo. On my 3rd match I ran out of ammo for my AK-12 and got 4 kills with the Sig before I was killed and I'm a newbie. Depending on the game types and maps it should not be hard getting 45 kills with the 1911 if you play smart and watch your ammo as it has a small magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I played team death match there and played as support with the extra ammo... I needed it. I'm 14,943 / 34,000 PISTOL SCORE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If you're trying to level up weapons/kits/vehicle unlocks etc, don't forget about applying XP boosters you get from Battlepacks. They help an awful lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm sick of the game. For a second time the game crashed taking all my campaign medals with it...except for the trophies. EA are such ****€r$.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Picked up the PS4 and Battlefield 4 yesterday. Started the single player campaign, everything was going grand and then CRASH! All my mission progress was lost and of those lovely headshots were erased :(. I haven't been console gaming for some time, but I thought I left this crap behind on my PC.

:(. I haven't been console gaming for some time, but I thought I left this crap behind on my PC.

The PS4 and Xbox One are basically closed system PCs now. But yeah DICE are now asking for outside help to try and fix BF4 for the PS4, they can't figure out what's causing the crashes. I thought they beta tested this game rather than have us do it.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

The PS4 and Xbox One are basically closed system PCs now. But yeah DICE are now asking for outside help to try and fix BF4 for the PS4, they can't figure out what's causing the crashes. I thought they beta tested this game rather than have us do it.:confused:

I love how we're paying for the privilege to help them sort out their €65 game

I was just thinking myself, is this the price we pay for having more PC-like graphics, constant crashing and glitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have a ps4 for Xmas with bf4 and killzone and the ps+ games. Think I'll leave bf4 for a while until problems are sorted out. I love battlefield and don't want this to sour it for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm not going near the campaign on this again. A f**king joke of a clusterf**k piece of sh*t.

I've played the same part of the game near the start where you have to rescue the VIPs. From where the van crashes to securing the helicopter, I've completed it at least 5 times. First few times it didn't save, then I lost the game save and had to start from the beginning and now it's crashed for the second time in the same place.
    How the f**k can they get away with releasing a clearly broken game. Ridiculous.

I'm not going near the campaign on this again. A f**king joke of a clusterf**k piece of sh*t.

I've played the same part of the game near the start where you have to rescue the VIPs. From where the van crashes to securing the helicopter, I've completed it at least 5 times. First few times it didn't save, then I lost the game save and had to start from the beginning and now it's crashed for the second time in the same place.
    How the f**k can they get away with releasing a clearly broken game. Ridiculous.
    I never bothered with the campaign, it's bf it's going to be shít so I didn't look at it. My cousin played a bit for me and as far as I can see that bit's all gone now.

Won't go near it again until I know it will actually save it.

I'm trying to get through the single player as it unlocks a few guns for multiplayer. The M249, P90, Type 97 and Rex revolver.

I'm trying to get through the single player as it unlocks a few guns for multiplayer. The M249, P90, Type 97 and Rex revolver.

Oh didn't know that... ok yeah, I kinda get how this could be very annoying if you want the unlocks.

Speaking of unlocks, how do you look at your challenges for weapon unlocks? Trying to find out what I need to do to get Support expert so I can unlock that LMG

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I never bothered with the campaign, it's bf it's going to be shít so I didn't look at it. My cousin played a bit for me and as far as I can see that bit's all gone now.

Won't go near it again until I know it will actually save it.

The last one was crap but I enjoyed BC2 and I heard this was supposed to be decent enough.
    I can forgive somebody bringing out a game where the multiplayer is not running smoothly at first but when it's a campaign it's a different story.

From the main menue go My Soldier - Awards - Assignments.

Is it the RPK-12 LMG you want? You need to get Support Veteran to get that you need 50 ammo ribbons, 200 kills with any LMG and 10 LMG ribbons.

Am I missing something or can you not change your loadout unless you're in a game?
    There doesn't seem to be an option in the My Soldier menu like BF3 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Am I missing something or can you not change your loadout unless you're in a game?
    There doesn't seem to be an option in the My Soldier menu like BF3 :confused:

Nope not missing anything. You can change your loadout on Battlelog though, and if you do it while playing a match, it should upload instantly for your next spawn.

SgtBob wrote: »
    Nope not missing anything. You can change your loadout on Battlelog though, and if you do it while playing a match, it should upload instantly for your next spawn.
    Where exactly in Battlelog?
    All I see in the soldier tab is top leaderboards and game activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Where exactly in Battlelog?
    All I see in the soldier tab is top leaderboards and game activity.

If you have a smartphone there's an app, thats what I use

If you have a smartphone there's an app, thats what I use
    I have a smartphone but I'd prefer not to have to put the controller down and open up an app on another device to access something that I should be able to access pretty straightforwardly with the controller I already have in my hand.
    Is there really no way to change your loadout in the menus outside of an active game?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

I have a smartphone but I'd prefer not to have to put the controller down and open up an app on another device to access something that I should be able to access pretty straightforwardly with the controller I already have in my hand.
    Is there really no way to change your loadout in the menus outside of an active game?

Yep, I totally agree. The difference in ease between changing a class in Cod and a load out in battlefield is shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just started playing it this morning.

Is there any voice chat in quick team deathmatch games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Still not started the game, too many bugs being reported and i think its best to wait for another patch or two. The China Rising DLC comes out on Tuesday for us non Premium people who got the pre order DLC.

Yep, I totally agree. The difference in ease between changing a class in Cod and a load out in battlefield is shocking
    It's almost like they're trying to put me off this game. Downloaded that app, forgot my password, well I didn't but I forgot there was a capital letter in it. Took almost 12 hours for them to send out an email to reset the password.
    So I reset it and go to log in to the Battlelog app... You need to have Battlefield 3 linked to your Origin account in order to sign in to Battlelog.
    F**k off!!!

Do people design these games and accounts to piss people off or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just started playing it this morning.

Is there any voice chat in quick team deathmatch games?

People have to have VOIP activated and actually use their mic. This is something that doesn't exist in the Battlefield realm unless they're loud, shouty Spaniards or swearing Frenchmen, or just general arseholes playing music in the background.

Creating/joining a party chat with a couple of boardsies is the easiest solution if you want to talk to people in game.

My PSN is genisis87 and I should be about most of the week if you want a couple of games. I'll try and wrangle some other lads on here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

aaronh007 wrote: »
    People have to have VOIP activated and actually use their mic. This is something that doesn't exist in the Battlefield realm unless they're loud, shouty Spaniards or swearing Frenchmen, or just general arseholes playing music in the background.

Creating/joining a party chat with a couple of boardsies is the easiest solution if you want to talk to people in game.

My PSN is genisis87 and I should be about most of the week if you want a couple of games. I'll try and wrangle some other lads on here too.

Sound, will add you later. We should definitely get some people together here.

Know what you mean about painful people online. Just surprised that I haven't heard any chat at all. Used to play Modern Warfare with a great bunch here before on the 360. A sound bunch of people with good team comms warning of snipers etc is brilliant craic.

Just playing Team Deathmatch at the moment but presume teamwork is essential for the more complicated game types.

In single player campaign, every single level has now crashed on me and I have had to replay them all. Annoyingly, they have all crashed at the end of each level which is weird. Then all my gold trophies earned in max difficulty have now turned into bronze trophies.The game developers really need a good kick in the nuts for making a bollocks of the game. And here was me thinking, what's the point in building an overdue gaming PC when the PS4 just came out.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

In single player campaign, every single level has now crashed on me and I have had to replay them all. Annoyingly, they have all crashed at the end of each level which is weird. Then all my gold trophies earned in max difficulty have now turned into bronze trophies.The game developers really need a good kick in the nuts for making a bollocks of the game. And here was me thinking, what's the point in building an overdue gaming PC when the PS4 just came out.:(

You know the pc version is no better off ?

My copy just arrived today, probably install it later.. not in the mood to play such a buggy game tbh.

Edit,
    When does "china rising" dlc release for non premium members anyone know ?

Advertisement