Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vu+ Solo2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

You can use only one cable as the above post is correct. Configure the second tuner to the option in the menu- Equal to tuner A if you are using B and visa-versa. Consider using a small dish for the second tuner as they are cheap to pick up and you can have a better option on using the receiver. I am set up this way and it is excellent. If you have Sly in the house just put a multi output LNB on that dish with a new cable run. TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Itsabrack wrote:
    You will have to disable tuner 2. Good news is that you can rcord up to 8 channels on one tuner, they have to be on the same transponder. When you start recording a channel, check the epg and the channels which are highlighted you can record/watch too. For instance, all the Irish channels are on one transponder, so you could watch/record all those channels with one cable. Long term though, get an octo lnb.

how do you watch/record different channels on the same transponder?

all the time I am watching something and I use the tablet to watch another channel on the same transponder, both tuners are used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Itsabrack

You should just be able to switch or record a channel on same transponder, also a brilliant app for ipad is blackbox , it's around €4 and it really works well with vu solo2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

tmull wrote: »
    I believe the iplayers can be loaded from the plugins on the Solo2. Can anyone tell me how to do it please.Is there any way the UK iplayers can be viewed here? TMULL
    bbari wrote: »
    I'd TV3 and RTE Player, they are files which just need to be copied in certain folder (usr -> lib -> enigma2 -> python -> Plugins -> Extensions )

Help on this link...
    http://sataid.net/forum/showthread.php/30055-How-to-install-and-run-both-BBC-iPlayer-and-RTE-Player-on-a-Vu-receiver

did this work on BH ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I use the OnDemand plugin on Vix. I think it will likely be the same plugin on BH and other images.

The problem with it at the moment is BBC iPlayer isn't working. I think it is because the developers at the BBC changed the stream feeds configuration. The plugin is essentially broken for now I think?

ITV Player appears broken as well now. Anyone else able to confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

I've the vu solo 2 with blackhole, I think I seen somewhere that I can watch channels through my ipad/phone.

Is this possible or am I dreaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Johntm wrote: »
    I've the vu solo 2 with blackhole, I think I seen somewhere that I can watch channels through my ipad/phone.

Is this possible or am I dreaming?

VU Player in the app store; you're just scratching the surface of what this machine can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

The one in the sataid link is from 2013 this was when the vix team coded in a vpn into the ondemand plugin so that we could watch these players in eire & uk but this stoped about a year ago ,i think the vpn server got shutdown or could,nt handle the load but they stop support for this anyway ,and for blackhole images just talnet or putty this command in for ondemand , opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand , regards bored_stupid

radiowaves wrote: »
    VU Player in the app store; you're just scratching the surface of what this machine can do.

Thanks I'll give it a go, curious what I'm missing.
    I know of: itv/bbc etc plugins
    Movies/project tv etc plugins
    Watch and record
    Pause/rewind

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Any other good bits to it?

EDIT:

It appears the vu player is removed from the playstore, does anyone have another link or maybe good replacement?

Any other apps to stream the vu solo, as above the official vu player is gone from the playstore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

androidreamer from google play,my vuplayer stopped working on both my phone and pad so had a play around with the new one,it worked for me on sd but not hd,i only had a few minutes trying it out though

Cheers I'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Ive a question,

I had a dreambox 500, i think thats what it was, it wasn`t bad, but it wasn`t amazing either, it would lose signal quite a lot, i had it installed about 4 years ago, but it went off on my dad and you know irish parents, he flipped out so i had to reconnect the old sky box, anyway i was thinking about getting a box again and ive looked into the solo2, seems alright, the last time the guy came around and installed the dreambox i paid him 150 euro and that was me for 12 months which was fine, but i was wondering this time can i just get the box myself and set it up on my own without having to pay anything again? Lots of people doing deals on facebook 200 euro for a box and then 50 euro every 6 months which is grand, but i was wondering if there is a way of setting it up on my own without having to pay, any advice would be appreciated!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

swoofer wrote: »

I was looking at the ebay page for that seller couple of pages back, when I search for Solo2 I see about €20 but different prices what looks like same item, Any ideas why or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

It must be a quirk on ebay, I would not worry, that first one is 210 stg thats the cheapest I have ever seen. The others seem to have bits added, free gift, or wi fi antennae. maybe people dont look as closely as we do!!

Its a great box.

swoofer wrote: »
    It must be a quirk on ebay, I would not worry, that first one is 210 stg thats the cheapest I have ever seen. The others seem to have bits added, free gift, or wi fi antennae. maybe people dont look as closely as we do!!

Its a great box.

Ok thanks, what is a good image to get loaded the BlackHole?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

nava wrote: »
    Ok thanks, what is a good image to get loaded the BlackHole?

I am using Blackhole since I got the box two years ago and its pretty good.

Thanks for all the advice.

I'm looking at a hard drive now, would it be better internal or external like My Passport Ultra 1TB Black or WD Elements Portable 2TB work ok on it?

I like the idea of those external as no power supply needed when connected to PC, will it be the same connected to the Box? Prices are about the same as new internal.

Any pros or cons for using external?

If you connect it inside then you will have the spare USB port.
    Yes - if your hard drive doesn't need power when connected to the laptop, then it won't need power when connected to the box. I have 1TB inside and a 2TB connected externally. I don't leave the external one connected when I am not using it but thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

I have the VU+ Solo 2 with the new remote control. When I use the PVR i can FF and Rew using the right.left arrows and I can play from there using the ok button. However I cannot pause the playback. The play/pause button towards the bottom does not work either. Does anyone have any suggestions. The box has Blackhole 2.0.5 Rev B I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

scout353 wrote: »
    I have the VU+ Solo 2 with the new remote control. When I use the PVR i can FF and Rew using the right.left arrows and I can play from there using the ok button. However I cannot pause the playback. The play/pause button towards the bottom does not work either. Does anyone have any suggestions. The box has Blackhole 2.0.5 Rev B I think!

Install Time Shift from the Add Ons, its a plugin that is required to timeshift (pause TV)

listermint wrote: »
    Install Time Shift from the Add Ons, its a plugin that is required to timeshift (pause TV)

Thanks for that - will that solve the playback within the PVR system issue of not being able to pause as well?

I am using this plugin called "Advance Movie Selection" and I'm defo able to pause it. I am also able to fwd using 3,6,9 buttons and rewind using 1,4,7 buttons. Its a good plugin to browse thru your recordings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

scout353 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - will that solve the playback within the PVR system issue of not being able to pause as well?

Its for Pause! and id recommend advance movie selection, its better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

How new is that remote?? And you should try a later image, I use BH2.0.7 and find it tops.

Hurricane Rachel destroyed my dish yesterday so I'm on hold for a few days :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fuiru

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any suppliers for Vu+Solo2?

Thanks,

Fuiru wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any suppliers for Vu+Solo2?

Thanks,

I got mine from ebay seller in Estonia, here is my post about it

You can ask to install an image on it or do it yourself, you have a complete image ready to go here with plug-ins and add-ons or just the standard image from vuplus-community.net and you isntall your own extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fuiru

Thanks,

From looking around it seems they're all about the same price whether from ebay or irish/uk sellers. Has anyone had any experience with swordssatellites(irish) and vusolo2.com (UK based). Both appear to have great packages all set up for the customer.

Thanks,

• Advertisement

I got mine from www.shopping4satellite.com, Image installation is easy and doesn't need much experties. You can get help on that from me or few others on this thread. Good choice!

Advertisement