Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vu+ Solo2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 2crash

Got my one from swordssateltes.ie
    Ordered on Monday before 12 and got next day morning with couriers.They also have genuine Solo2 and i saw duo2 receivers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 2crash

swoofer wrote: »
    I know you are an expert but the gigablue is more overrated than the vu+solo2, I would rather pay more for a box that works instead of paying less for a box that works but needs a lot of effort. You cant load BH on a gigagblue so say the quad plus is is 359 and the solo2 2 is 320 I would get the solo2 everytime. You can add usb dtt to uno for 20 euro.

the support for the gigablue is pants in fact you are probably the best for gigablue.

a scart socket is essential for rf modulator.

the gigablue is good if you stick with Openatv and maybe vix but the vu+ rocks with every image.

I would never get a gigablue.

Was also thinking to buy giga blue but founded out support from official distributors is = to 0

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

New to this section of forum. Am waiting delivery of VU+Solo 2 and was wondering is it possible to off load files from internal harddrive to a portable drive through the usb port? TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭x PHEONIX x

2crash wrote: »
    Was also thinking to buy giga blue but founded out support from official distributors is = to 0

Quite the contrary, yes the GB drivers can be a pain in the arse at times, but at least they acknowledge you when you submit bug reports to their inhouse devs, Vu+ dont, in fact I know of bugs going all the way back to the launch of the Duo that have yet to be acknowledge never mind fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

tmull wrote: »
    New to this section of forum. Am waiting delivery of VU+Solo 2 and was wondering is it possible to off load files from internal harddrive to a portable drive through the usb port? TMULL

There may be a plugin that will help you do this but the easiest way is to FTP to the box and copy over the files that way. No cables needed

• Advertisement

Thank you. TMULL

Could any member talk me through the procedure of setting up my VU+Solo 2 to operate with my V-box. Have managed to turn off the usuals and was led to believe that that automatically turns the box to diseq 2 but I am stuck. Any help greatly appreciated. TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

2crash wrote: »
    Got my one from swordssateltes.ie
    Ordered on Monday before 12 and got next day morning with couriers.They also have genuine Solo2 and i saw duo2 receivers.

Be careful swordssatellites sells the clone vu+, i was there before and he said it's the clone ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

try this

'How to setup Vu+ with VBox II DiSEqC 1.2 Positioner.

If your VBox II already has the satellite positions stored and your changing from an old receiver to Vu+ then follow this procedure.

Write down your VBox II satellite position numbers. These are the numbers displayed on the front of the VBox II when moving to a
    specific satellite position. These position numbers can also be found in your old receivers motor setup menu.

Example lets say...
    Position 1 on VBox II = Astra 19e
    Position 2 on VBox II = Eutelsat W2 16e
    Position 3 on VBox II = Hotbird 13e

You get the idea...

First send the dish to Astra 19e using Vbox II.

On Vu+ Remote Press Menu
    Select Setup Press OK
    Select Service Searching Press OK
    Select Tuner configuration Press OK
    Select Tuner A Press OK

Now set Configuration Mode to Advanced. Use Left or Right keys on remote to select.

Configuration Mode: Advanced
    Satellite: Astra 19e
    LNB: 1
    DiSEqC mode: 1.2

Scroll down to bottom of the page with the down arrow on remote.

Use USALS for this sat: No
    Stored position: 001

Press OK to store.

OK that's Astra 19e setup now to setup Eutelsat W2 16e

Now send the dish to Eutelsat 16E using Vbox II.

Select Setup Press OK
    Select Tuner A Press OK

Satellite: Eutelsat W2 16e
    LNB: 2

Stored position: 002

Press OK to store.

OK that's Eutelsat W2 16e setup now to setup Hotbird 13e

Now send dish to Hotbird using Vbox II

Select Setup Press OK
    Select Tuner A Press OK

Satellite: Hotbird 13e
    LNB: 3

Stored position: 003

Press OK to store.'

This is on vplus community

You get the idea, now repeat for the rest of the satellites and your done.

Swoofer, Thank you for not only the courtesy ,I am very appreciative of your help of your reply and the great help you have given me.It has worked a treat except I got stuck on 0.8W when I could not go to any western sats with my channel master dish but I will no dough work it out.I have been manually downloading the channels as I am still working out the proper set-up. I was very active here on the Blu-Ray recorder section but just moved to this section.I wont bother you with questions but would like to know is there a simple way to change to a different satellite with this box? I am very appreciative of your help. TMULL

• Advertisement

i am watching golf, ie I can surf as well!! so what image are you using? I have the solo2 as well.

I am using the VIX image as I bought a guide from some fellow in the UK for only a pound sterling. Brilliant guide but I was hoping for a set-up guide but this guide is for the more computer literate guys.As i am a pensioner My son loaded the image for me. I am in the sat game for over 25 years but as my trusty Spiderbox has died I was advised by the Alsat forum guys that the VU+ was the route to take. As long as I can load the channels and eventually get to loading my lines I shall be happy enough. We bought three of there boxes ,my next door neigbour,my own and my sons but none of use are Linux savvy. If you or any member here wants that link to the guide I shall post it up here. The work that went into it makes it great value for money. TMULL

Swoofer,Check your PM. TMULL

Vix all I need now is the actual version, I dont have vix laoded at the moment, but it should be menu, information, about, if its build 023 you are bang up to date but ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Interesting reading. I am taking the plunge on a Vu+ Solo 2 soon too. Once my Sky contract finishes later this year.

Did you get all the FTP channels on OpenVix? Freeview, Freesat, Youview etc?

Ideally I am hoping to have the Solo 2 loaded up with FOR channels. Then chuck on Star Sports app (plug in?) and also point it to my Plex HMS.

The Solo 2 certainly appears to fit the bill! :)

Downloaded VIX from their site on last Thursday. It is the latest version dated last Tuesday. I knew from reading the posts on other forums that I frequent that this was a complicated box but was not too sure what to buy. Most spider box owners on that forum seem to be advising the vu route. As I now have my channels loaded I would be happy just to be able to load a channel list and load my lines as used to on the Spiderbox. I used to drive my dish with my old Technomate and would use the Spiderbox as you say but it just keeps rebooting every few seconds. Factory resets and patch renewal does not have any effect but I can get another box to do the driving.Received your PM. TMULL

ok the spider is now dead, that is a well known fault, what about the technomate. I'll check that latest image. have you bought that vbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

You could also have a look at vu solo2 se this retails at 229 euro and the solo2 retails at 299 euro but with the solo2se you can change the turner,s there plug & play so you have a choice in the future if you need to change and you can use internal hard drives on both makes of boxes and they both have enough flash space for your needs these boxes are well faster and better then dreamboxes but as always it,s your choice and your money and them spider boxes are a pile of crap don,t waste your money on them ,regards bored_stupid

you can use internal hard drives on both makes of boxes

I thought Solo 2 SE boxes had no mount point for an internal HDD? If you can install one in an SE, that changes things in terms of my future purchase decision drastcially.

Where is a good place to buy a genuine Solo 2 or Solo 2 SE?

Really sorry about that STG.Otaku my mistake solo se is original box with no internal hard drive only usb drive and solo2se is a slim down version of the solo2 clone box with internal hard drive mount from china, me mate has that one my mistake. i have a solo2 myself great little box if you look on adverts.ie in the satellite section and also satshop.fi hope this helps sorry for the mix up regards bored_stupid

• Advertisement

Swoofer, My V-box is in use for the past five years. I got five years out of the Spiderbox but they are now unavailable for about two years.For best price and cheapest postage costs check out some German sites. Euro wins over pounds because of poor exchange rate. TMULL

OK, I took the plunge early and have a VU+ Solo 2 on the way from Estonia. :)

You won,t be sorry it,s a very good investment you made have a look at openvix & open atv / these two image teams that are in a different league openvix would be my personal choice as everything you need can be downloaded with a few clicks on the remote aswell as open atv / plugins / channellist / epg / picons / ondemand / tsmedia / ! /skins/ and the rest but it will be your own personal choice at the end of the day you,ll have some fun with this box enjoy regards bored_stupid

Thanks! It was a big investment for sure but I hope that will pay off. OpenVix looks kinder to newcomers than BH. I need something the family can use, not just me.

Still have Sky for a coupke of months until I can swap out the Sky+ box so I suppose at least I could work on the box offline for a while to get it prepared for the changeover day?

Does Dreamplex work on these boxes? I would like to point it to my Ubuntu server hosting Plex HMS.

Also ordered a Climax DVB-T DV395 Dual USB tuner for Saorview channels. Hopefully that will work ok too.

Final thing really would be to get the Star Sports app/website workong on it. How does that work using my legit account?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭x PHEONIX x

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Thanks! It was a big investment for sure but I hope that will pay off. OpenVix looks kinder to newcomers than BH. I need something the family can use, not just me.

Still have Sky for a coupke of months until I can swap out the Sky+ box so I suppose at least I could work on the box offline for a while to get it prepared for the changeover day?

Does Dreamplex work on these boxes? I would like to point it to my Ubuntu server hosting Plex HMS.

Also ordered a Climax DVB-T DV395 Dual USB tuner for Saorview channels. Hopefully that will work ok too.

Final thing really would be to get the Star Sports app/website workong on it. How does that work using my legit account?

yes, there is a dreamplex client available from the image plugin feeds (OpenViX Apollo build 032 onwards)

I could,nt advise you about star sports but i,d ask the lads on here first plenty of clever minds are on here and if there not sure i,d goto world of satellite.com this is the home of the openvix team and ask over there ,if you post over on there forum you,ll get plenty of support for your box , and it,s a clone free zone ,regards bored_stupid

STG.Otaku, Check your PM. TMULL

tmull wrote: »
    STG.Otaku, Check your PM. TMULL

Cheers tmull. Have done so. :)

With the help of my son we are both up and running with the latest Blackhole imige on board.I was all at sea in this setting up process but now realize that a fairly good knowledge of computers is essential.We both loaded the 2.3.0 & 2.2.1,& 2.1.3 into the configuration of the cccam lines but both of us are disapointed with the results. We transferred our lines from our Spider boxes but the Solo 2 only opens about half of what the Spiderbox did. Would it be a setting we missed? or would Softcams help us. We are afraid we may mess things up. Any help greatly appreciated. TMULL

• Advertisement

A liitle knowledge is required, cant say much on here. but yes.

Advertisement