Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vu+ Solo2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

Thank you. TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

tmull wrote: »
    With the help of my son we are both up and running with the latest Blackhole imige on board.I was all at sea in this setting up process but now realize that a fairly good knowledge of computers is essential.We both loaded the 2.3.0 & 2.2.1,& 2.1.3 into the configuration of the cccam lines but both of us are disapointed with the results. We transferred our lines from our Spider boxes but the Solo 2 only opens about half of what the Spiderbox did. Would it be a setting we missed? or would Softcams help us. We are afraid we may mess things up. Any help greatly appreciated. TMULL

What in particular you are having the problem with ?

bbari,Thanks for the response. I realize I am out of my depth here and know it is not allowed to be discussed on the open forum. I am happy enough with what I have achieved with the Solo2 so far and am now sitting back as my son is looking in to what we do next.He too has the box. TMULL

A large part of my problem turned out to be a dodgy LNB on my Channelmaster dish.I had to make a copy of the polarmount a few years ago as I could not find a new replacement. I suspected the settings on this mount but it turned out to be a faulty LNB. Strangely it opened about half my channels but not the rest. New LNB and I am amazed at the performance of the Solo 2.Thanks to all who offered help

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

i have one of these boxes, think i am need of some help. lost most of my channels 3 weeks ago. not sure if the baby was pressing buttons on the remote or cause we plugged in an iphone to front usb port. anyway, only has some english channels on it now,

can you help me at all? needs sorting out.is on vix at the moment. was black hole.

guy i got it from is not replying to calls/mail so no support.

• Advertisement

is it only FTA which are working ?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

yep, the fta only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Just a little note on the Solo 2 transcoding and streaming. So far it has been absolutely spot on.

I am using the Vu+ 'official'(?) app and both streaming and transcoding are working like a charm while I am presently abroad.

Really pleased with the Solo 2. Anyone on the fence, just go for it. :)

I believe the iplayers can be loaded from the plugins on the Solo2. Can anyone tell me how to do it please.Is there any way the UK iplayers can be viewed here? TMULL

I'd TV3 and RTE Player, they are files which just need to be copied in certain folder (usr -> lib -> enigma2 -> python -> Plugins -> Extensions )

Help on this link...
    http://sataid.net/forum/showthread.php/30055-How-to-install-and-run-both-BBC-iPlayer-and-RTE-Player-on-a-Vu-receiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

bbari wrote: »
    I'd TV3 and RTE Player, they are files which just need to be copied in certain folder (usr -> lib -> enigma2 -> python -> Plugins -> Extensions )

Help on this link...
    http://sataid.net/forum/showthread.php/30055-How-to-install-and-run-both-BBC-iPlayer-and-RTE-Player-on-a-Vu-receiver

Download the ondemand plugin on vix...it has rte and tv3 player already included as well as itv player and bbc player..

the bbc player however is geolocked as well as abc viewer also included.

steveon wrote: »
    Download the ondemand plugin on vix...it has rte and tv3 player already included as well as itv player and bbc player..

the bbc player however is geolocked as well as abc viewer also included.

i think tmull is using the BH os...

Thanks guys, Yes I am using the latest BH image. TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

For blackhole images just start up DCC 150 goto talnet then copy & paste this in talnet then hit enter opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

Thank you,I will get my son to do it as I am not too computor savvy. That was the information we needed. TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

a lot of the UK stuff is geo blocked and ondemand on BH can be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Recently during the thunder and lightning storm our phone line was hit, actually had a big spark from the phone outlet on the wall. The modem power supply was fried, I got a replacement modem but my Vu+ Solo2 still will not pick up all the channels, it will show the free to air English and Irish channels but not the sky movies or sports etc there is no picture or sound but the box downloads the 7 day guide and shows what programme is on a sky channel and the description. The Vu+ solo box is not directly connected to the modem, I am using home plugs to send a wireless signal to the Vu+ Solo box. I have even changed the home plugs so it wasn't those.

So to recap:
    Modem changed and working
    Home plugs changed and working
    Free to air channels received so dish seems ok
    Sky channels downloading guide and show description

No picture or sound for sky channels

Any help will be great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

it depends how well you know that box, and you dont say what image you are using. Also you may not have a sky card and that is also complex!! Can you look at adapter settings under network and see if you are connected?

say the image as well and if you are using a sky card. Home plugs have you tried using a lan cable from the home plug to the box, when you say modem I take it you mean router, its quite possible you have to reset the network. whats the make of the modem?

the channels downloading dont mean a lot but shows LNB is ok.

Is your box getting an ip address?

If it is then probably there's an issue with the cline...

Image information is Virtuosso Image Xtreme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Go to Menu, Setup, System, Network, Device Setup, Network test.

Press Green to start test and see if it connects.

I completed a network test and it shows that all the connections are good. I bought a Ethernet cable a by passed the home plugs and still not showing any sky channels. I think I will have to bring it back to the guy I got if from, it seems to be the box itself

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

homer1982 press the blue button on remote goto soft!!! setup press ok on that then press green button to restart and click the blue button aswell enable on startup this should fix the problem your having regards bored_stupid

Bored_stupid thank you very much. There is a special place in heaven for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

swoofer wrote: »
    ... that gigablue does not have a scart socket
    ... a scart socket is essential for rf modulator.

GigaBlue has RCA outputs for composite video & stereo L/R. These are the same signals as carried by the scart cable, so if your modulator doesn't have RCA connections, use an RCA-to-scart adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Thurston? wrote: »
    GigaBlue has RCA outputs for composite video & stereo L/R. These are the same signals as carried by the scart cable, so if your modulator doesn't have RCA connections, use an RCA-to-scart adapter.

I do exactly that myself with use of a triax trilink for my bedroom...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

Can anyone help me out, looking to buy this VU+ Solo 2 box and looking for the cheapest genuine supplier out there?

Anyone know who's supplies them at a reasonable cost. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

That is who I bought mine from. Genuine item. He ships very quickly and the packaging job is first class.

Based on my experience I would recommend them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Guys,

I've been geting frustrated with VIX image lately with all the updates that require fresh installs etc and I've the Solo2 is much more sluggish with the last six months of updates. I'm thinking of flashing blackhole to see how I get on with that. I've flashed it before and missed the epg/skins that are available in VIX - is there something simillar in Blackhole i can use?

Where is the best place to go for blackhole images to use and forum support? World of satelite is great but heavily VIX oriented

Cheers,
    Mick

Advertisement