Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vu+ Solo2

Options
  • 19-03-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Thinking of getting a Vu+ Solo2 and have some questions.
    1. Has anyone used it with xbmc with the VU pvr plug-in and if so what are your experiences?
    2. I will be moving from windows media centre and have a large collection of DVD and Blu ray ISO’s and mkv etc, what are the media centre playback capabilities like?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have 1 of them, brilliant box, I would almost go as far as to say it's better than the Ultimo, if I could get a small, cheap saorview receiver it'd be perfect.

1. Haven't used it with XMBC or this plugin, but I have connected phones (Android and iOs), laptops, server and a Windows 8 tablet, absolutely seemless with all, have set timers using the web interface with the tab and android with no problem.

2. Media centre depends on your image, I use Blackhole 2.0 on it and my Ultimo and I have found an unplayable format yet, get Project Valerie, brilliant program and will keep your library up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 embed

Thanks Clareman
    Where is the best place to buy, don't want to pay full price and end up with a clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

embed wrote: »
    Thanks Clareman
    Where is the best place to buy, don't want to pay full price and end up with a clone.

There are no clones of the solo2... Only the duo, solo and UNO have been cloned..

Satboxes.com has them..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks Clareman

I don't think there is any clones available yet.

I got mine from Satboxes.com, couldn't recommend them highly enough, ordered 1 afternoon, delivered the next morning, top class service.

In the interest of fairness, I have ordered off http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/ in the past as well, great service also, with weak sterling you might save a few quid, but if anything goes wrong you will have to pay to ship to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 embed

Just got one from Satboxes, will report on my transition form Windows Media center to Vu+
    Any pointers on the best plug-ins?

• Advertisement

Just got one from Satboxes, will report on my transition form Windows Media center to Vu+
    Any pointers on the best plug-ins?

Decide on an image and go from there :)

AutoBouquets for keeping your TV Listings up to date with very little fuss.
    ProjectValerie (XBMC type interface)
    1Channel has an amazing list of television shows on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Clareman wrote: »

Decide on an image and go from there :)

AutoBouquets for keeping your TV Listings up to date with very little fuss.
    ProjectValerie (XBMC type interface)
    1Channel has an amazing list of television shows on offer

I would add 'onDemand' - it has Rte player, BBC Player and a few others.

fguinan wrote: »
    I would add 'onDemand' - it has Rte player, BBC Player and a few others.

Very good point, I haven't gotten around to installing that yet

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

I got mine from... http://www.ielektroniks.com/vu-solo2-twin-dvb-s2-full-hd.html

First class servive all round...

Took about 5 working days to arrive..

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tonio

I have a problem on the Solo 2. My channel names are not being displayed on the display on the front panel. I was using Black Hole 2.0.1 up to last weekend and they displayed fine. I changed to Black Hole 2.0.2 REV B at the weekend so I could install the latest OnDemand plugin with 4OD.

Since then the channel names are not displaying. Instead, the display shows the name of the last menu option visited. Even in standby the last menu option is displayed instead of the date and time. I have tried changing skins but that has not made a difference. Everything on the screen - epg, menus etc. - are all working fine.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there a setting that can be changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭red bellied

Tonio wrote: »
    I have a problem on the Solo 2. My channel names are not being displayed on the display on the front panel. I was using Black Hole 2.0.1 up to last weekend and they displayed fine. I changed to Black Hole 2.0.2 REV B at the weekend so I could install the latest OnDemand plugin with 4OD.

Since then the channel names are not displaying. Instead, the display shows the name of the last menu option visited. Even in standby the last menu option is displayed instead of the date and time. I have tried changing skins but that has not made a difference. Everything on the screen - epg, menus etc. - are all working fine.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there a setting that can be changed?

You didnt happen to install any Lcd Picons by any chance?

No. I have Nephilim picons. I just removed all picons now but the problem remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

No. I have Nephilim picons. I just removed all picons now but the problem remains.

Did u change skins?
    If u did go back to original skin and see if it works.

I tried a number of different skins. I also went back to the default skin but still no channel names or the clock are displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I tried a number of different skins. I also went back to the default skin but still no channel names or the clock are displayed.

That's strange.I would suggest flash via USB and start from scratch

Re-flashed to 2.0.2 rev A and it is back working again. Either this is a bug with Rev B or something I changed unknown to myself. Strange one as you say. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

I have 1 of them, brilliant box, I would almost go as far as to say it's better than the Ultimo, if I could get a small, cheap saorview receiver it'd be perfect.

Agree, best box I have ever owned. No real need for a saorview box mate. Just pick up cheap usb dvbt tuner for the solo2 and it will install as third tuner for saorview with full 7 day epg and pvr ability.

Has there been any approve cheap usb DVB-T tuners for them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

Hi Folks

I am thinking of buying the VU+ Solo 2 and I am wondering about what size internal HD to get with it.....

If I have a network at home with NAS drives can it record to that rather than the internal HD?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Has there been any approve cheap usb DVB-T tuners for them yet?

These work fine. Since BH OE2 they work straight off, Recognises it at boot.

• Advertisement

Ordered the solo2 Wednesday from satboxes and got it today!

Man is it fast! A really good piece of kit! The internal flash memory is huge!

Well impressed!

Plugged in my cheap USB dvbt tuner, restarted enigma and there it was in the tuner set up!

Using blackhole 2.0.3 hyperspace

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

I am using BH 2.0.2 on my Solo2. It took me ages to get it setup with certain plugins such as OnDemand. Can I backup everything on the box, upgrade to 2.0.3. and reinstall. I think the answer is no but can someone please confirm.

I'm not sure mate, i don't think so though.

Try this backup image of 2.0.3 for the solo2.

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ovz2q7

Has ondemand, 1channel, icefilms, crossepg, coolmans tv guide and so on all installed.

Thank you. Wont be able to try it right now, but will report back.

Sorry, one more thing. Can I backup what I have now, completly, and reinstall if 2.0.3. goes bad. I ask as I have tried this in the past and has not worked. Iimage installed but no settings restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

yes install backupsuite 12 and it can backup straight to a usb stick or onto the hard drive its a great plugin

Cheers. Will give that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

How much did the box cost you guys?

• Advertisement

Have u heard that cs might be on the wayout due to stuff sky are doing?

Sorry mate can't talk about that on this forum.

Advertisement