Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Fort Stranger

Mfman I don't get the hubris gag, are you saying Henry is conceited or we are conceited about him, speak plain English boy, we are mere hurling fans, not Vincent Hogan 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Mfman I don't get the hubris gag, are you saying Henry is conceited or we are conceited about him, speak plain English boy, we are mere hurling fans, not Vincent Hogan 😜

True I don't know myself how to answer him simply because I have not the faintest idea what he means, how could I after being held back for three years in first class (and I don't mean the A class either) by the Christian brothers. .:(

Up Kilkenny. C'mon The Stripeymen. Lets add 2014 to 2011, 2012 and 2013 and make it 4 in a row over the Tipp boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Butterbeans

The drive for thirty-five! Up The Cats!

The drive for thirty-five! Up The Cats!

I like it. I love it. Pity is you did not come up with it a week ago and we could have made the Banners.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Oh the nerves are really coming to the fore now. My fecking heart beat really starts pumping when kk play in a final expecially against Tipp. Anyone else the same?

• Advertisement

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Oh the nerves are really coming to the fore now. My fecking heart beat really starts pumping when kk play in a final expecially against Tipp. Anyone else the same?

Not me. I am quietly and serenely confident. Joey Holden to get man of the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I tell you something lads, I can't call it.

If it's not to be, I hope we go down to a better team in a final for the ages, and not to a shocking refereeing decision. Same if we were to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Oh sith
    Another 3 weeks of speculation.:eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭mullinr2

I think Tipp will be favourites after today. To be honest they were the better team today. I thought Jackie and Brian Hogan lack of pace was found out today. What can we say about Walter. I'm sorry to say it but he is playing the wrong sport. We need a bit of pace in full forward line for the next day. Aiden Forgaty to start
    In the first half I thought the game passed by Mick Fennely and Richie Hogan. When they switched back to their more natutal positions they were much better. It does look like that Mick Fennelys injuries have taken their toll on him and is not the same player.
    Everyone will be tipping Tipp to win the replay

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

What a game today! It was a battle from start to finish. No surprise that it was a draw.

Eoin murphy was immense in goal, so comfortable and assured. The backs were great but thought they got caught for pace at times. Brian hogan was the reason we conceded that goal.

Don't think wally should have started and defo don't think he should be on for replay. Thought Michael fennelly was poor enough but he set up one of the goals.

Think Cody left it too late to introduce Henry and it interrupted our flow. Would be inclined to just start him the next day.

Barry Kelly was shocking, he's an absolute joke of a ref. in saying that though I thought Tipp were immense. Here's hoping we can do it the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

Just seen on independent.ie that eoin larkin is due to get married in the 27th!?? That could get interesting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

followmeup wrote: »
    Just seen on independent.ie that eoin larkin is due to get married in the 27th!?? That could get interesting!!!

They updated it. He isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

You can bet your shirt it will make the difference. There is no way this Tipp will live with Kilkenny if Kilkenny hit top form. The Bonner, Lar and Noel McGrath have been pumped up year after year as super forwards and now Bubbles and Callahan have become part of the media myth about their near invincibility. What have they won, 1 All Ireland against a very depleted Kilkenny outfit in six years of trying. We would have to play shy*e and they have to find 15 pairs of bal*s overnight for us not to beat them.

I think the Tipperary forwards have disproven your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Quietly confident KK will win. I think Tipp gave it there best shot and still didn't win. Just feel KK left more in the locker which hopefully they will show Saturday fortnight. Can Tipp replicate that performance? Phenomenal game. Credit to KCLR for their commentary used RTE for picture. Draw was probably a fair result.

I think the Tipperary forwards have disproven your point.

They still have only won the same one All Ireland and it is all they are going to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Jasus Eddie Brennan a serial snake in the grass tonight.

Don't see how its an issue with the last free, Horgan charged into Maher, shoulder straight into the chest. Simple Free.

Not the refs fault the umpires couldn't help him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭abutler101

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Barry Kelly was shocking, he's an absolute joke of a ref.

Please support this opinion with examples from today's match

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

abutler101 wrote: »
    Please support this opinion with examples from today's match

Neither penalties should have been given. Fouls were outside the square.

Richie powers face guard was interfered with which is a straight red.

No way in hell was the last free given to tipp a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

Looked to me like Richie Hogan was injured for the last 15 minutes of todays game and Colin Fennelly was injured just after half time. Fingers crossed their ok for the replay. It was a long time to leave injured players on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭abutler101

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Neither penalties should have been given. Fouls were outside the square.

Richie powers face guard was interfered with which is a straight red.

No way in hell was the last free given to tipp a free.

The first penalty was in the square by the end of the fowl, I would agree with you on the second one though bit there isn't really a difference between a 20 yard free and a pelenty anymore, other than the amount of players allowed on the line

Richie power had his hand on stapletons helmet at the same time, send both of them off or neither of them

Hogan charged at Maher, shoulder first. That is definitely a free, if not a yellow card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Jasus Eddie Brennan a serial snake in the grass tonight.

Don't see how its an issue with the last free, Horgan charged into Maher, shoulder straight into the chest. Simple Free.

Not the refs fault the umpires couldn't help him out.

He speaks almost like an illiterate. Surely Rte should have some standards and get him English lessons which may cut out the ' I done'

Rightwing wrote: »
    He speaks almost like an illiterate. Surely Rte should have some standards and get him English lessons which may cut out the ' I done'

A little bitter about the minor match?? You allright kid, to put it in your language.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Have to agree with you. It's embarrassing at times. Sheedy is just as bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Kkboy wrote: »
    A little bitter about the minor match?? You allright kid, to put it in your language.

He stated that he'd be disappointed with anything less than an 6 point win for the Limerick minors,, looks like the four point win to Kilkenny is tearing him apart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Charlie69

So he "almost" speaks like someone that's unable to read and write ????????

What a stupid immature post anyway.

Congratulations to the minor team today. Great win over a very good team. This thread went a little crasy when they lost to Dublin, so its good to show our appreciation of their success now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Wow what a game today, I'm torn between being very frustrated at not closing the game out from a great position with less than 10 mins left, and being relieved at having another bite at the cherry.

Too tired to go into detail on my feelings about our performance at the moment but thought Tipp were excellent today and got some great scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Just back from heathrow and in the door. A few things from today.

Having been coming back for finals from london the last 23 years the flight over was the quietest I've seen but more KK people than normal.
    Never saw so many spare tickets before the match with even the touts shouting they'd sell below face vale on o'connell street before the minor match.
    One lovely skills from both minor teams.

On the senior game:
    Barry Kelly was terrible. But let's not be like Tipp supporters and '09. A draw was probably the fair result.
    Murphy proved why he was selected in goal.
    Paul Murphy was brilliant. He managed to curtail Bonner. An unreal performance.
    Despite a couple of errors resulting in sidelines, Buckley did fantastic.
    Cody, for all his greatness was poor on the line as he often is. Wally should have been hauled ashore long before he was. Cody is too slow to make changes which is odd when we have such a strong bench.
    Why was Henry only given such a cameo?
    Richie Hogan was great but TJ again was immense and has edged in front for hurler of the year.
    Richie Power had a stormer.
    Erin Larkin despite a great start was poor.
    Brian Hogan is too slow in playing the ball and his distribution is poor. We need a new centre back next year I am afraid.
    Mick Fennelly was poor until moved into the middle of the park.
    Tipp shot some unreal points. Their accuracy was like Kilkenny against Waterford in 08.
    I'm confident we'll win the replay as Tipp threw everything at us but failed to win.

And the half time entertainment was utter ****e. Maybe I am too old but I used love the attune boys band playing the county songs and making he letters of the counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

And I've been at every all Ireland that we have been in the seniors since 1978 and haven't seen a better match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Pudders wrote: »
    I'm confident we'll win the replay as Tipp threw everything at us but failed to win.
    holyhead wrote: »
    Can Tipp replicate that performance? Phenomenal game.

Yep Tipp can replicate that performance. They are finishing stronger than starting. It is how they finished against, Galway, Cork, & Kilkenny. (The Dublin game was different, weird flow to that game.)

An absolutely amazing game today - I think the odds are going to swing much stronger back against Tipp.

I think in the next game, those goals/penalty shots will be points - it will be a different game then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement