Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Where did this come from?

Just read on another site that he didn't train Tuesday. Wondering did anyone hear the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

delaney001 wrote: »
    Just read on another site that he didn't train Tuesday. Wondering did anyone hear the same

Stuck in traffic? Seriously, Tues was just a puck around.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Well lads. Very little ticket demand this year. If anyone is stuck a limited amount have just been put on tickets.is

Well lads. Very little ticket demand this year. If anyone is stuck a limited amount have just been put on tickets.is

I heard the quality is fairly poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

citykat wrote: »

Well there's hardly gonna be Hogan Stand Halfway Line tickets left over two days before an All-Ireland final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Rumour that herrity p Walsh and Mark Kelly are out, Murphy, Richie power and Walter Walsh are in. Rest the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Rumour that herrity p Walsh and Mark Kelly are out, Murphy, Richie power and Walter Walsh are in. Rest the same.

That would be a bit of a shock. Changing your keeper the day of an AI is crazy.

Richie Power needs to start for KK, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Not really. Murphy was number 1 until he got injured and is the better keeper.

You obviously didn't see Herity's performance in the semi.

I hope Murphy and power are in myself. Dunno what to think about Waller. Presume it's for a good reason (if true) but very hard on padraig Walsh

• Advertisement

Well there's hardly gonna be Hogan Stand Halfway Line tickets left over two days before an All-Ireland final.

If you've ever been to an AI you'd know that the best seats always go to those who go to one match in the year. With Croke park/GAA anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

citykat wrote: »

There is no such thing as a bad ticket on all ireland final day!! Its always a privilege to attend such an occasion!!!

donnem33 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a bad ticket on all ireland final day!! Its always a privilege to attend such an occasion!!!

Well I suppose if you want to sit there in wide-eyed wonderment at the atmosphere you're right. However, if you want to actually see the match properly then there are most certainly bad tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

P Walsh is wing back from what I've heard. Wally and Power in for Holden and Kelly.

Didn't hear anything about Murphy, all just rumours though until 9pm.

*checks watch for 5th time since 8pm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

1. Eoin Murphy Glenmore
    2. Paul Murphy Danesfort
    3. J J Delaney Fenians
    4. Jackie Tyrrell James Stephens
    5. Joey Holden Ballyhale Shamrocks
    6. Brian Hogan O Loughlin Gaels
    7. Cillian Buckley Dicksboro
    8. Richie Hogan Danesfort
    9. Conor Fogarty Erins Own
    10. Michael Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
    11. Colin Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
    12. T J Reid Ballyhale Shamrocks
    13. Walter Walsh Tullogher Rosbercon
    14. Richie Power Carrickshock
    15. Eoin Larkin James Stephens
    16. David Herity Dunnamaggin
    17. Kieran Joyce Rower Inistioge
    18. Brian Kennedy St Lachtains
    19. Padraig Walsh Tullaroan
    20. Lester Ryan (Capt) Clara
    21. Tommy Walsh Tullaroan
    22. Henry Shefflin Ballyhale Shamrocks
    23. Aidan Fogarty Emeralds
    24. Mark Kelly O’Loughlin Gaels
    25. Jonjo Farrell Thomastown
    26. John Power Carrickshock

Had heard a rumour earlier in the week that P Walsh had some kind of a health issue.

Stick with me lads, ye will go far. I'm posting the lottery numbers in another half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Harsh enough on Padraig Walsh?

me89 wrote: »
    1. Eoin Murphy Glenmore
    2. Paul Murphy Danesfort
    3. J J Delaney Fenians
    4. Jackie Tyrrell James Stephens
    5. Joey Holden Ballyhale Shamrocks
    6. Brian Hogan O Loughlin Gaels
    7. Cillian Buckley Dicksboro
    8. Richie Hogan Danesfort
    9. Conor Fogarty Erins Own
    10. Michael Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
    11. Colin Fennelly Ballyhale Shamrocks
    12. T J Reid Ballyhale Shamrocks
    13. Walter Walsh Tullogher Rosbercon
    14. Richie Power Carrickshock
    15. Eoin Larkin James Stephens
    16. David Herity Dunnamaggin
    17. Kieran Joyce Rower Inistioge
    18. Brian Kennedy St Lachtains
    19. Padraig Walsh Tullaroan
    20. Lester Ryan (Capt) Clara
    21. Tommy Walsh Tullaroan
    22. Henry Shefflin Ballyhale Shamrocks
    23. Aidan Fogarty Emeralds
    24. Mark Kelly O’Loughlin Gaels
    25. Jonjo Farrell Thomastown
    26. John Power Carrickshock

No major surprises for me in that selection. Murphy had to return in goal after the semi. Less prone to the heartstopper. Kelly was also going to find it heard to retain his position. Cody has opted for Wally. He's had a disappointing year IMO. Another MOTM performance? Power, if fit, was always going to return. Padraig Walsh if fully fit is unlucky to lose out. He can still look back on a great year personally. He's put in some brialliant performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Fireball07 wrote: »

I said the same in the Tipp forum!
    Other 2 changes are as to be expected, looks a stronger team than the one in the semi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Think Cody has made the right calls. Always more relaxed when Murphy is in the goal, Swapping out Kelly is a no brainer as well. Wally for Padraig Walsh however I ain't so sure about. Walsh has had a good year while Wally had a great league his form in championship has been lacking. Fingers Crossed though we will get a 2012 replay performance from Wally to prove us wrong. Just got my ticket and really looking forward to the match now. Hon the Cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sir Chaz

Happy with that team. Don't think the forwards will line out like that but the most noticeable thing at first glance is how much bigger they'll be than their opponents. Larkin and Richie are both 6ft and the rest 6ft 2m minimum. Plenty pace there too.

Padraig Walsh unlucky if he's fully fit, but glad Fogarty held on. He's quick, strong and dogged, and an excellent hurler. I'd imagine he'll drop back towards Hogan with Hogan playing close to the D and holding the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭BQQ

Fireball07 wrote: »

Certainly, but I half expected it tbh.
    TJ and Colin both operate much better in the half forward line and I don't think Cody wanted to waste either of them in the corner.

I actually though Walsh would go to wing back leaving Holden hard done by.
    Either way someone was going to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Charlie69

BQQ wrote: »
    Certainly, but I half expected it tbh.
    TJ and Colin both operate much better in the half forward line and I don't think Cody wanted to waste either of them in the corner.

I actually though Walsh would go to wing back leaving Holden hard done by.
    Either way someone was going to be disappointed.

Worried about Holden, although he hurled a lot of ball in the semi, he got turned over too many times by needing too much time on the ball, needs to sharpen up his game and do things faster for this level.

Hope I'm wrong but I really think he will struggle on bubbles dwyer, he'll certainly get a chance to prove himself on Sunday as I expect Tipp to target him.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Overall, pretty happy with the team. Not a fan of Wally but given that he has been, i believe, on fire in training, deserves his chance. Saying that and with the strength of the bench he will need to have a huge impact early on.
    Murphy selected ahead of Herrity is huge plus for me.
    Tough on Padraig Walsh but as Wally was selected, then it was going to be a toss up between him & Joey for the No 5, so no issue there for me.

Just love the options off the bench,I would hope we use them which hasn't been the case in the recent past

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Fort Stranger

It's a good line-up but I can't understand how we could leave out a fit Henry? I hope he doesn't wait too long to make the changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CATwalk

It's a good line-up but I can't understand how we could leave out a fit Henry? I hope he doesn't wait too long to make the changes!

What have you seen from Henry this year to warrant him starting. I don't think that's a bad 6 forwards. I,like you wish he could start but age has caught up with him. He can run all day but his turn of pace is not what it used to be. But saying that if he plays a part,centre forward or full is where I feel he'd cause most harm. I'd love him to rule the roost one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just saw the team now.

I share everyone's relief that Murphy is back in goal.

I'm surprised that Padraig Walsh has dropped to the bench. I thought that if he was going to be moved out of the forwards, then Joey Holden would lose out in wing-back. P Walsh will be a good player to bring on though since he can play pretty much anywhere.

I would have been very surprised to see Henry start the match. I can't see what he could offer at the beginning of the match when the opposition are mentally and physically fresh. When, more so than if he comes on, I hope Cody makes a double substitution. It worked well in the semi-final when Power and Henry were brought on a few minutes apart. Henry has fantastic ability to appear in space and lose his marker. If the opposition focis too much on marking him (like Limerick did), then the other sub that comes on will potentially be able to lose his marker easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Delighted to see Eoin Murphy back in. He's an excellent keeper and Herrity never really inspires confidence. He's had some woefully shaky moments this year.

I would have liked to see Padraig Walsh in for Conor Fogarty. Also, Taggy in instead of Wally. Having said that, the bench looks very strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shirleysrumbler

Henry is a bit like DJ in 04 & 05 .Hands mind etc are fine but pace is gone. Sad but true, I'm calling for a standing ovation for Henry when he comes on tomorrow would somebody please copy this to a few Social Media etc. I'ts the least we owe the Man as I'm sure tomorrow is his Swansong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement