Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lewi1995

Really excited for the match tomorrow . I hope to God the cats win the match . just wondering does anybody have 2 hill 16 tickets for sale at face value ? I know it's cutting it fine but would greatly appreciate it . Hon the cats

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Henry is a bit like DJ in 04 & 05 .Hands mind etc are fine but pace is gone. Sad but true, I'm calling for a standing ovation for Henry when he comes on tomorrow would somebody please copy this to a few Social Media etc. I'ts the least we owe the Man as I'm sure tomorrow is his Swansong.

As a Tipp man I would go along with that(mind you I still want to see the Tipp boys tearing into him!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

the Dicksboro have loads contact one of the officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Coming from where we were at the end of last year’s championship it is nothing short of remarkable to find ourselves in the final tomorrow. Tommy Walsh and Henry on the bench for an All Ireland Final, who would ever have thought it?. To know they are there if required and that they are willing to fulfill that role is not just testament to them but to Brian Cody.

I feel very comfortable about tomorrows match. Brian has picked a side to contest every ball with Tipp and contest every ball they will. If any don’t the troops are on the bench that will. There is just as much potential in the Kilkenny six forwards to create havoc as there is in the Tipp six with the one difference all Kilkenny six will relish the close tight exchanges while a few of the Tipp forwards just do not like such contests.

We are looking at some of the greatest hurlers ever to represent Kilkenny coming to the end of their careers and what hurlers they are. That in itself will have no bearing on tomorrows outcome, but knowing you will probably never see Henry or Tommy play again, and possibly some others is sad. We are also however witnessing the start of the next team with Cillian Buckley, Conor Fogarty, Joey Holden and once again Walter Walsh receiving the Brian Cody stamp of approval. If Cody thinks they are good enough rest assured they are good enough and because of that I expect a Kilkenny win, and a six point win at that

The best of luck to our minors tomorrow. It is well to know that we are entering this contest with two or three of our best minors out injured and injured for most of the championship. The papers are building this Limerick team up to be a super team and while this may be true it is never good for young lads to be made such over whelming favorites. This is a very good Kilkenny team who know after the first round defeat to Dublin exactly how it feels to be on the losing side and this may very well make the difference tomorrow. I think we can win it but to do so all of them team will have to play for the full sixty minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

As a Tipp man I would go along with that(mind you I still want to see the Tipp boys tearing into him!)

I'd be very surprised if they don't get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that P walsh has been messed around a bir this year,he played himself onto this team with some magnificent performances during the league in midfield and particularly for me at number 5, he was then asked to do a job at centre forward against Galway and was in another new position yesterday.

Now in my opinion he hasn't let us down in any of those games and got his few scores when thrown in to the forwards and is probably a victim of his own versatility, but for me he's a natural defender and his ability to track runs and put out fires in defence was evident all through the league even when played as a defensive midfielder at times.

Cillian Buckley (another player that has been tried in a few positions) played himself onto the team in a similar fashion on the other side of the defence and his game has improved by being left there and is now a fixture at number seven.

I really don't mean to be hard on Joey Holden as I think he had a good game yesterday, but having watched it back again today he coughed up a couple of scores and got turned over a few times as a result of needing a bit too much time on the ball, but I'm sure as his game develops he will eradicate this lack of sharpness from his game. In the meantime its Padraig Walsh at number 5 for me.

I posted this after the semi final and I have to say I'm gutted for Padraig Walsh, looks like he has paid the price for being too versatile for his own good.

As I said before his brother Tommy has played on almost every line on the field for KK but not in the same year.
    Of all the newcomers to the team this year I felt Padraig was the find of the lot of them.

I posted this after the semi final and I have to say I'm gutted for Padraig Walsh, looks like he has paid the price for being too versatile for his own good.

As I said before his brother Tommy has played on almost every line on the field for KK but not in the same year.
    Of all the newcomers to the team this year I felt Padraig was the find of the lot of them.

If there is no issue with his fitness then it's a tough break. Having said that Cody can only go on what he sees in training and select his teams on that basis. Padraig has youth on his side and this year will stand to him. Although his year isn't over yet. There will be substitutions on Sun and If he's fit he'll surely make an appearance. Agree with you on him being the find of the year btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭randd1

Worried about Holden, although he hurled a lot of ball in the semi, he got turned over too many times by needing too much time on the ball, needs to sharpen up his game and do things faster for this level.

Hope I'm wrong but I really think he will struggle on bubbles dwyer, he'll certainly get a chance to prove himself on Sunday as I expect Tipp to target him.

We were playing Limerick who are probably have the hardest working forwards out there besides ourselves.

I'm not sure the Tipp forwards put in the same effort, which has been their downfall in recent years in tight games, most notably against us.

citykat wrote: »
    If there is no issue with his fitness then it's a tough break. Having said that Cody can only go on what he sees in training and select his teams on that basis. Padraig has youth on his side and this year will stand to him. Although his year isn't over yet. There will be substitutions on Sun and If he's fit he'll surely make an appearance. Agree with you on him being the find of the year btw.

According to a lad from Tullaroan I work with, he was sick a bit last week so wasn't at 100%.

Very tough on the chap as he's had an excellent debut season, but Cody made the mistake of starting guys that were not 100% in 2010 and against Cork last year, and paid the price. Personally, if that's the case, I think he's made the right choice.

In saying that, he's a very good sub to have, especially when the game is coming into the last 10 minutes and a bit of space opens up, he has knack of getting points.

• Advertisement

Looking back on the year, I have to say I've been a bit relieved in a way that Tommy and Henry were not that big an influence on the season, and didn't make much of an impact when they played.

I honestly thought we would struggle when the likes of Tommy and Henry set into the sunset as they have been such huge players for so long for us, but here we are just 70 minutes away from possibly winning the AI without them.

Have to say, I'm delighted with the way Colin Fennelly, Richie Hogan, TJ Reid, Cillian Buckley and Paul Murphy have really stepped up this year as on-field leaders and the work ethic they have shown this year, it bodes well for our competitiveness for the next few years.

Whether that's going to be the difference tomorrow, I can't really tell, but I'm hoping we'll get big performances out of them at the very least.

randd1 wrote: »
    Looking back on the year, I have to say I've been a bit relieved in a way that Tommy and Henry were not that big an influence on the season, and didn't make much of an impact when they played.

I honestly thought we would struggle when the likes of Tommy and Henry set into the sunset as they have been such huge players for so long for us, but here we are just 70 minutes away from possibly winning the AI without them.

Have to say, I'm delighted with the way Colin Fennelly, Richie Hogan, TJ Reid, Cillian Buckley and Paul Murphy have really stepped up this year as on-field leaders and the work ethic they have shown this year, it bodes well for our competitiveness for the next few years.

Whether that's going to be the difference tomorrow, I can't really tell, but I'm hoping we'll get big performances out of them at the very least.

You can bet your shirt it will make the difference. There is no way this Tipp will live with Kilkenny if Kilkenny hit top form. The Bonner, Lar and Noel McGrath have been pumped up year after year as super forwards and now Bubbles and Callahan have become part of the media myth about their near invincibility. What have they won, 1 All Ireland against a very depleted Kilkenny outfit in six years of trying. We would have to play shy*e and they have to find 15 pairs of bal*s overnight for us not to beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

You can bet your shirt it will make the difference. There is no way this Tipp will live with Kilkenny if Kilkenny hit top form. The Bonner, Lar and Noel McGrath have been pumped up year after year as super forwards and now Bubbles and Callahan have become part of the media myth about their near invincibility. What have they won, 1 All Ireland against a very depleted Kilkenny outfit in six years of trying. We would have to play shy*e and they have to find 15 pairs of bal*s overnight for us not to beat them.

That's quite an interesting observation.

That's quite an interesting observation.

Of course, it is it is the truth, and the truth is always interesting because it seldom spills from the pens of the experts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Of course, it is it is the truth, and the truth is always interesting because it seldom spills from the pens of the experts.

Yep, there's just too much truth in your previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I see you hit the sauce early again today kat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Anyone got any alternative route to the red cow and then in via Blue bell to heuston station and up the Quay?
    I reckon the traffic will be chronic after the game., so does anyone have any 'secret' parking places and route home ?
    Maybe the Coast Road ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

greenspurs wrote: »
    Anyone got any alternative route to the red cow and then in via Blue bell to heuston station and up the Quay?
    I reckon the traffic will be chronic after the game., so does anyone have any 'secret' parking places and route home ?
    Maybe the Coast Road ?

Get train. Traffic will be terrible. Major road works near red cow with new fly over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

greenspurs wrote: »
    Maybe the Coast Road ?

Head up to maynooth and get the train in

oconnol1 wrote: »
    Get train. Traffic will be terrible. Major road works near red cow with new fly over.

There is a 3rd train put on from kK, go online and book seats. Other 2 trains sold out

• Advertisement

I see you hit the sauce early again today kat!

Thanks Dan, I was hoping to meet up with your good self at the Dogs but maybe not you are probably broke from backing losers already this weekend.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

I'm living in Dublin and since the road works have started at newlands cross is easier to get through, But if you want to avoid the match traffic, head up the nangor rd at the long mile rd junction and head straight for kingswood. UP THE CATS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

timogen wrote: »
    I'm living in Dublin and since the road works have started at newlands cross is easier to get through, But if you want to avoid the match traffic, head up the nangor rd at the long mile rd junction and head straight for kingswood. UP THE CATS

Ahm .... Where are these strange places you speak of ? :P
    I have been up to Croke pk 100's of times, but i always go the same way (redcow - heuston- up the quay, and park in one of the car parks near Jervis street, and walk to Croker..)
    Any alternative ? I could go the coast road, but wouldnt be really sure , and going astray would be a real possibility !! :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

I believe we'll be coming home with Liam once again tomorrow night. If the league final is any gauge, it's going to be a humdinger. IMO both defences are more or less equal. Think we shade it from MF up. I have no qualms about any of the players bar Wally. Not only is his form below par but for me he doesn't seem eager enough. I hope he feeds me those words tomorrow. I also believe our bench is going to have a bearing. Henry will make an appearance regardless of how the game is going. I imagine it's going to be his last appearance in the black and amber so he'll want to go out on a high.

Kilkenny by 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

The nangor rd, longmile rd junction is between bluebell and the red cow,with Harris truck sales is on the right hand side of the road and an esso garage on your left,as you approach the junction keep to the left lane to head out the nangor rd, keep going straight until you see a sign for kingswood which will bring you back on to the N7 at corkagh park.
    With corkagh park being just before the green isle hotel on the way in at newlands cross.
    Red cow to newlands is were the hold up will be on the way out and that's the spot to avoid.

Up for the match. Come on the Cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Will be getting up tomorrow morning at 630 to catch my flight over.

Up the cats!

Pudders wrote: »
    Will be getting up tomorrow morning at 630 to catch my flight over.

Up the cats!

Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭MfMan

Henry's hubris is obviously as contagious as ebola!! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks Dan, I was hoping to meet up with your good self at the Dogs but maybe not you are probably broke from backing losers already this weekend.:)

Dont worry he'll be quids in around 5.15 tomorrow and good for a loan ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement