Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the Loungers did Next... [off topic chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Tigger99 wrote: »
    I was giving my opinion. There's no need to mock me.
    Sorry I wasn't mocking you! Sorry if it came across like that! I was just saying that there are lots of things that can jeopardise careers, including having kids, the oops was a tongue in cheek thing about the fact that I have a child. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Trying to chat to the girls on my team here but we don't have much in common. They were talking about what to see in the cinema this weekend, but absolutely can't be a zombie film or a superhero film. So there's all of my suggestions out the window :o

Chats about TV shows also only include Made in Chelsea or Jordie Shore. No Game of Thrones or Walking dead here. Could chat a little when I sat with all the boys, but mostly they talked about sport.

Need to find a nerd team and request a move.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

10,001!

We get through these threads fast!

So do we have a name for the next thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Wow is it that time already?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Trying to chat to the girls on my team here but we don't have much in common. They were talking about what to see in the cinema this weekend, but absolutely can't be a zombie film or a superhero film. So there's all of my suggestions out the window :o

Chats about TV shows also only include Made in Chelsea or Jordie Shore. No Game of Thrones or Walking dead here. Could chat a little when I sat with all the boys, but mostly they talked about sport.

Need to find a nerd team and request a move.

I feel your pain. In my old department the conversations were a cycle of GAA, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Masterchef, The Apprentice, Rugby etc. Round and round and round and round.

Any other sport I could deal with.

Some of the lads watch decent films and shows, very few go near the sci-fi though. I'm the nerd of the IT dept. LOL!
    10,001!

We get through these threads fast!

So do we have a name for the next thread?

Eh... 9851 that was. :P

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I feel your pain. In my old department the conversations were a cycle of GAA, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Masterchef, The Apprentice, Rugby etc. Round and round and round and round.

Some of the lads watch decent films and shows, very few go near the sci-fi though. I'm the nerd of the IT dept. LOL!

My god you're the Uber Nerd! :eek: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Someone can go ahead and start a new thread if they wish :)

Yea, it's now saying 9853 but my phone DEFINITELY said 10,000 and then 10,001! That's really weird and now I look silly. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Yea, it's now saying 9853 but my phone DEFINITELY said 10,000 and then 10,001! That's really weird and now I look silly. :-(

The mobile site sometimes counts deleted posts. You're not quackers :)

Right so when I'm on "My Threads" it says 9,855 or thereabouts in the post count but when I'm on "My Forums" it says 10,007.

Curiouser and curiouser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

That's why I love working in the gallery. Everyone's a kook!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Very silly indeed!!!!! :pac:

:P

Holy crap. That's a lot of deleted posts. Naughty naughty loungers.

James wrote me a letter today, well dictated it out to me. "Dear mama and daddy, I love my parents sooooo much. I hope they keep giving me sweeties after my dinner. I'll never forget you."

LOL

Said to him, "What was that bit about sweeties?" and he went to great pains to point out that he did say "after dinner."

You win this round, mini-tyrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

He has a future as a diplomat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Landlord is coming tonight to drop off the renewal lease...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3jr2XEqIR0cR5sRWeUkPVk7R1UCt5KoZxN6zKkVXFdLvuJtoi

Very silly indeed!!!!! :pac:

:P

Holy crap. That's a lot of deleted posts. Naughty naughty loungers.

Well, technically there was over 10,000 posts. They're just not all still here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Roll on 1pm, heading home to Galway for the weekend. Got paid today too; love checkign my balance and feeling rich, but then by the time rent/bills/credit card comes out it's all sad and empty again :( So much for cheeky airport treat at the Bobbi Brown counter..

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So much for cheeky airport treat at the Bobbi Brown counter..
    Planning to treat myself to one of those on Wednesday... I need a nice red lipstick to go with the rather nice Vivien of Holloway dress I treated myself to so may as well try get it a bit cheaper!

If anyone has any recommendations, feel free to share :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Weather today is pure miserable. Making me very reluctant to leave my bedroom. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Trying to be healthy - so bacon and tomatoes for breakfast instead of cereal. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Planning to treat myself to one of those on Wednesday... I need a nice red lipstick to go with the rather nice Vivien of Holloway dress I treated myself to so may as well try get it a bit cheaper!

If anyone has any recommendations, feel free to share :)

ooooh! A Vivian of Holloway treat is a super lovely treat..pics please?

Ruby Woo and Russian Red from MAC are both recommended 'red' shades but I find them very pigmented; after a bit I find it wears off in some spots and not in others leaving ugly pigment on my lips :( Im just getting corrector from Bobbi Brown but might be hanging about the Benefit counter waiting to be sucked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Just back from the MOST hectic work trip abroad EVER. I need to just lie down quietly for about three days... but I have soooo much work to do now that I'm back at my desk. Being an adult with bills and sh!t is hard.

There's a really great set of interviews on today's John Murray show with some trans people. Miriam O'Callaghan is presenting but the interview is generally one of the better ones, far more about the human story so far. A few cringe moments, but quite decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Can I go on my holidays now? Pretty please?

Lyaiera wrote: »
    There's a really great set of interviews on today's John Murray show with some trans people. Miriam O'Callaghan is presenting but the interview is generally one of the better ones, far more about the human story so far. A few cringe moments, but quite decent.
    I heard that this morning, really interesting, especially cos I don't know much about the subject, and also in my head when I think trans I think of male to female and not the other way round, so it was great to hear the guy talking about his experience.

I heard that this morning, really interesting, especially cos I don't know much about the subject, and also in my head when I think trans I think of male to female and not the other way round, so it was great to hear the guy talking about his experience.

My experience is that trans guys have it a lot easier blending into society. The changes hormones bring are much more effective in making someone look male after a female puberty: growing a beard, their voice dropping, bigger muscles, etc. It's not so easy the other way around.

There's other issues they face though, so as usual it's not an easy life for anyone. That said I have met some very cool trans dudes. The guy on the show is ten years younger than me and sounds far more together and sure of himself than I ever was at that age, which is ****ing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

*Pokes head in*

Hi loungers, have been lurking for ages, love all the conversations!!
    Am in Sydney at present and reading this thread keeps me up to date with everything happening in Ireland!!

So hello and thanks for keeping me up to date!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

statina wrote: »
    *Pokes head in*

Hi loungers, have been lurking for ages, love all the conversations!!
    Am in Sydney at present and reading this thread keeps me up to date with everything happening in Ireland!!

So hello and thanks for keeping me up to date!

Hi and welcome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

My nephews finished school today for the summer. One finished primary school forever and is going to secondary school in September so I'm taking them to the cinema today to see Despicable Me 2 in celebration haha

akamossy wrote: »
    My nephews finished school today for the summer. One finished primary school forever and is going to secondary school in September so I'm taking them to the cinema today to see Despicable Me 2 in celebration haha

I have really fond memories of my aunt taking me to the cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

akamossy wrote: »

I am so excited to see that movie. I love the minions!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement