Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the Loungers did Next... [off topic chat]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

There it is! :D
    The intro bit about them deciding to make it was good
    Love this too

Note to self: stay away from angry-making threads!

edit: I ate my book. Can I have another one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So my not-yet-turned-23 year old cousin has completed her undergrad, her LLB, her masters, her KI exams, the KI course and has now been called to the Bar AND offered a PHD place.

I'm 22 and still have a year left in my undergrad... Definitely feeling like quite the underachiever in comparison to her right now!

(There's a word beginning with I that I was going to use but of course I forgot it once I got to where I was going to use it! See! I can't even English properly!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

So my not-yet-turned-23 year old cousin has completed her undergrad, her LLB, her masters, her KI exams, the KI course and has now been called to the Bar AND offered a PHD place.

I'm 22 and still have a year left in my undergrad... Definitely feeling like quite the underachiever in comparison to her right now!

(There's a word beginning with I that I was going to use but of course I forgot it once I got to where I was going to use it! See! I can't even English properly!)

That sounds like my family. I am pretty much the slacker in my family cause I only have a Masters :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

My cousins are all brainiacs. There's an anaesthetist, a pharmacist, a historian, a diplomat, an aeronautical engineer, a physiotherapist and a few teachers.

But I'z gonna be a criminololololgist when I grows up :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

INADEQUATE! That's the word I was thinking of!

I was meant to be the law head but she got there first! I gots nothin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I have to say reducing my work hours was the best thing I've ever done. I hated work so much and just dreaded every day - now I work 2 days a week (sometimes more if there's holidays so am working a bit more in July) and only in 2 places I like - before I'd be working loads of places I hated. My salary halved but one of the huge benefits of being married is I could transfer my tax credits and our take home pay hasn't reduced as much. In theory I'm a stay at home domestic goddess... in reality I rush around cleaning and getting dinner on for the hour before himself gets home :P

Loving watching Wimbledon this week - have my strawberries and everything!

5 day weekend! You've cracked it.

I was mucking about acting sulky last night telling himself he'd have to cook me a massively extravagant dinner tonight cos he's been out with his friends loads over the past two weeks. Came home and he'd actually done it! Hurrah! Perhaps I should act the primadonna more often :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

stuffs all gone \o/

going to relax now and open that bottle of red from last night that I never got around to opening ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

The strangest thing happened to me. I tried out the outdoor swimming pool today. I got in and i froze, i couldnt swim at all. I tried to but had a mini panic attack near the deep end and had to get out and got my dad to collect me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hope you're okay now Pixie!

I shopped all the shops. I may have no money now, but my new shoes are just too beautiful to be refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jeez Pixie I hope you're okay now x

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies x

I want chocolate and a cuddle and a sleep. And i wanna drive but ive convinced myself id be a shít driver. :mad:

Thanks ladies x

I want chocolate and a cuddle and a sleep. And i wanna drive but ive convinced myself id be a shít driver. :mad:

I did that too but I did it anyway lol. Don't hold yourself back.

I did that too but I did it anyway lol. Don't hold yourself back.

I just know im going to have severe road rage! Im better off learning to drive now while im young! Im also scared of running someone over or being in a car crash. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I have occasional, mild road rage and I've had a car crash. And yet I'm still learning how to drive. Go for it!

Although, Carlow drivers are shocking, from what I've observed!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's actually quite disturbing how much stuff one person can accumulate in a 1 bed apartment in 2 years :eek:

I just know im going to have severe road rage! Im better off learning to drive now while im young! Im also scared of running someone over or being in a car crash. :o

Get lessons with a good instructor and you'll be totally fine :)

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I have occasional, mild road rage and I've had a car crash. And yet I'm still learning how to drive. Go for it!

****ing indicators, they dont know how to use them or roundabouts! Wheres the problem, flick of switch or whatever its called and turn on the indicator its simple :mad:
    Get lessons with a good instructor and you'll be totally fine :)

I need to renew the licence first and im trying to find a good instructor too :)

The new licences are cool :)

I love Bruno Mars' new song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

It's actually quite disturbing how much stuff one person can accumulate in a 1 bed apartment in 2 years :eek:

you're telling me! couldn't believe it :P

I made a wonderful dinner and am watching arrested development on the laptop, I miss my tv :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

My new Vendula wallet arrived!! :D:D

Hm
    May possibly need a coin purse o.o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Have to head to Dublin tomorrow. Mother has been up their since last Thursday with this old lady (beside her dyeingbed) that is in the same home as my dad. She died this evening. She had no family left in Ireland and her niece came over from new jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

cena wrote: »
    Have to head to Dublin tomorrow. Mother has been up their since last Thursday with this old lady (beside her dyeingbed) that is in the same home as my dad. She died this evening. She had no family left in Ireland and her niece came over from new jersey.

That's sweet. In an I expect old people to and everyone has to die but still I'd like to think I could be with someone as they go. I'd even like to be with people as they suffer while they're here. Making people feel ok is good for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »

Twice I saw people going the wrong way round a roundabout in Carlow, middle of the day and all.

(Although, given the amount of roundabouts in Carlow, it's bound to happen eventually! :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Criminal Minds and cheese before bed are a bad combo, super charming dream about one of my good friends being stabbed and left to die, then woke up and fell back asleep to be attacked and stabbed myself... Have also managed to rip a chunk of hair from my head somehow.

Can I just go back to bed and start today again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I find Criminal Minds hilarious. I don't think that was the producer's intention...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Brought Mike to the cinema to see Man of Steel last night. He was a bit blue because his mate left the country yesterday morning. The film really cheered him up.

It was pretty good I have to say.

I love Criminal Minds. Reid is my favourite because of the things he comes out with. And he's quite cute as well. Can't forget about Morgan though. *drool* ;)

How's everyone today? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A more senior employee stole my mug a couple of months ago. I see him there right now with it.

Not sure how he thought a mug with pink and purple teapots on it was his. That's not for coffee!!

Go over to him and ask does he like your cup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

"Oh, you've found my dog's medicine cup! I was looking for that everywhere!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement