Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the Loungers did Next... [off topic chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Started a twitter debate with someone after they posted about an issue that bugs me. Didn't realise at the time it was my lecturer. Oops! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Next installment of my scholarship came through today. I feel flush with cash! Even if it does have to last me three months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Love the dress Pixie, I had something similar for my 21st :)

Thinking of dying my hair a plummy colour again, I miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

misslt - does that mean you don't have to bring any on the plane? Sounds like a great idea!

we're getting the boat cos of the cat, but yeah we'll only have to take what we need for the few weeks at my mams!

we filled one pallet last night and will do the same tomorrow, thank god for shipping companies is all I'll say :)

knackered now, but we're nearly there, making meatballs for dinner and opening a very well deserved bottle of red!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Waiting in Gatwick for my flight home after a very long weekend! I have SO much to do in the next 8 days it's beyond funny...

Operation "I will not whinge because this flight was £20" is already in full swing too :pac:

Treated myself to a Vivian of Holloway dress for my birthday too - a girl only turns 29 once so she has to treat herself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Started a twitter debate with someone after they posted about an issue that bugs me. Didn't realise at the time it was my lecturer. Oops! :o

Did you win??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Another 1lb down at WW tonight. Currently really enjoying a glass of wine. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Despite having a twitter account since it pretty much started, tonight I tweeted for the first time ever. This is new... :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Someone needs to just ban me from spending money. How am I meant to save anything when I spend more than I earn ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Someone needs to just ban me from spending money. How am I meant to save anything when I spend more than I earn ffs?

Could you work on a cash only basis? As in take what you need for the week from the bank, then leave your cards at home and only use the cash to spend? I find it helps me hugely when I've to watch it for a while.

• Advertisement

I maded my first blog post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Back to work tomorrow. Do not want. On the plus side I had a McFlurry today, so y'know, swings and roundabouts

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

A few minutes of sun salutations really loosened out my back and headache. Ahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Was it one of the new mc flurries? Because if it was, I believe that would outweigh going back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Just booked flights to Nantes for this weekend! I get to see my georgous French 'friend' again :D \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

How so Joe wrote: »
    Was it one of the new mc flurries? Because if it was, I believe that would outweigh going back to work.

It was! A Flake one with chocolate sauce. It pleased me greatly.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just home. The presence of an almost full bottle of M&S ginger ale in my fridge makes me far happier than it should :eek:

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Could you work on a cash only basis? As in take what you need for the week from the bank, then leave your cards at home and only use the cash to spend? I find it helps me hugely when I've to watch it for a while.

That's a pretty good idea! I might try that but tbh cash can kill me more than card sometimes. I seem to spend cash easier. It's as if I don't want any in my purse.

I also have know my laser card number off by heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Jessibelle wait until someone you follow favourites or replies to a tweet of yours. The addiction will kick in then :)

So tired. Need sleep now. Night all :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Not G.R wrote: »
    Just booked flights to Nantes for this weekend! I get to see my georgous French 'friend' again :D \o/
    Ooh Nantes, I really want to go there!
    Make sure you see the mechanical elephant etc !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have fun in Nantes GR!

Day 3 of training today. It's good, but I'm bloody wrecked.

Chancing a shopping trip with my mum and sister. I will buy ALL the bras :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Sweet jebus, this is the longest week ever.

Please tell me someone out there is having fun? Fun exists somewhere in this universe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

No. There is no more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

If the world existed on a four day work week, three days off basis I'd be so much happier. I'd even be happy with the resulting reduction in pay. The idea of working Monday and Tuesday, having a day off, Thursday and Friday, two days off just sounds so amazing. And I'm fairly certain the reduction in hours would be made up with people working harder because they don't have five days of bollocks to put up with.

A friend even claims to have read a study that says if we worked a four day week instead of a five day week, productivity would go up, employment would go up, people would be happier with less and the whole world would be better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lyaiera wrote: »
    If the world existed on a four day work week, three days off basis I'd be so much happier. I'd even be happy with the resulting reduction in pay. The idea of working Monday and Tuesday, having a day off, Thursday and Friday, two days off just sounds so amazing. And I'm fairly certain the reduction in hours would be made up with people working harder because they don't have five days of bollocks to put up with.

A friend even claims to have read a study that says if we worked a four day week instead of a five day week, productivity would go up, employment would go up, people would be happier with less and the whole world would be better off.
    Yeah but wouldn't people then be wishing for a 4 day weekend then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Yeah but wouldn't people then be wishing for a 4 day weekend then?

Not according to (social) science. That my friend read. That she won't give to me.

Oh my God I am so bored today.

• Advertisement

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Not according to (social) science. That my friend read. That she won't give to me.

I know you didn't read it but do you know how they did that study to come to that conclusion?

I'd think the same as Ivy. Once people get over the novelty and get used to four days, they'll just want three.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement