Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the Loungers did Next... [off topic chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Twice I saw people going the wrong way round a roundabout in Carlow, middle of the day and all.

(Although, given the amount of roundabouts in Carlow, it's bound to happen eventually! :P )
    They put in more in the past year :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

They put in more in the past year :mad:
    Where???? :eek:
    I cannot imagine where they could squeeze them in.
    They are a pain, but it was a big plus of learning to drive in Carlow, no hassle with roundabouts in the test.

Where???? :eek:
    I cannot imagine where they could squeeze them in.
    They are a pain, but it was a big plus of learning to drive in Carlow, no hassle with roundabouts in the test.

You know where the bus park is? They got rid of the traffic lights there and put ina massive roundabout with what looks like a mini tower on it and a crap load of flowers.

They put in another one somewhere I think, I just can't think of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I had loads of work the past while covering leave, but that person is back today. So bored already! Being busy is my favourite.

Reading random threads every now and again to stretch out my time!

You know where the bus park is? They got rid of the traffic lights there and put ina massive roundabout with what looks like a mini tower on it and a crap load of flowers.

They put in another one somewhere I think, I just can't think of it!
    That was probably a good place to put in a roundabout though - or at least when I lived there and there wasn't the bypass. Nightmare sometimes that junction, and I saw a lot of near misses with pedestrians cos of silly traffic light sequences.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Am I really stupid to plan a tattoo on the side of my foot when I'm planning a career as a solicitor? It'll be pretty small, just some script and maybe headphones, on the inside of my left foot and as low as I can get it to be. I already have a tattoo on my wrist that people barely notice.

I really want it but don't know what to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Well you won't be walking around the offices barefoot will ya?
    Would you see it with shoes on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Am I really stupid to plan a tattoo on the side of my foot when I'm planning a career as a solicitor? It'll be pretty small, just some script and maybe headphones, on the inside of my left foot and as low as I can get it to be. I already have a tattoo on my wrist that people barely notice.

I don't think so, if you get it low enough that most shoes will cover it I'd imagine you should be fine. Mine third one is right across my foot. It's script and a little bird. I've found that people barely notice it because it's very small.

I never really had to think about that because if I'm working as a vet nurse I wear a scrub suit and runners so all 3 of my tattoos are covered. Now that I'm doing the healthcare course it'll be the same - I'll have to wear trousers, closed in shoes and a white polo shirt.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

bluewolf wrote: »
    Well you won't be walking around the offices barefoot will ya?
    Would you see it with shoes on

I'm not sure. I've been trying to work that out. I wear black tights most of the time so obv not then but judging by the heels I'm wearing atm it might peek out if I don't have tights on. But compared to my flats (as I just did) I think these heels have a lower side.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Why should a tattoo interfere with your career? I don't get that. I have haeps of tattoos and I'm still good at my job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You could wear ankle pop sock/tights things with heels
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    Why should a tattoo interfere with your career? I don't get that. I have haeps of tattoos and I'm still good at my job.

:D
    Other people might be fussy

There was someone walking around here with a big tattoo across their back and a very low-back top showing it off one day. No problems with tattoos but given the dress code in here, it looked a bit off
    But that's totally different to a discreet one on your foot or arm or whatever

It's not that they interfere with how you do your job but you do have to be careful because some people are still judgmental of people with tattoos, especially women with tattoos. Not saying it's correct but that's the reality. I'd never get a tattoo that was visible all the time even though I would love one.

bluewolf wrote: »
    You could wear ankle pop sock/tights things with heels

:D
    Other people might be fussy

There was someone walking around here with a big tattoo across their back and a very low-back top showing it off one day. No problems with tattoos but given the dress code in here, it looked a bit off
    But that's totally different to a discreet one on your foot or arm or whatever

Hmm.

I suppose some people were shocked that I didn't choose a wedding dress that covered my tattoos. I would have had to wear a burka

Hmm.

I suppose some people were shocked that I didn't choose a wedding dress that covered my tattoos. I would have had to wear a burka

Well ... it's your wedding !! :confused: Of course you can do what you like
    Even on a friday in here I wouldn't care, I was just surprised to see it during the week

Hmm.

How many have you got Lucyfur? :)

My ankle one and my foot ones are easily covered but if I ever do get married the one on my shoulder won't be covered. I'll be honest though, I want that one to be seen because it's pretty and because of what it means. :)

I don't always get the attitude to tattoos and piercings and clothing etc.
    I heard a piece on the radio about the oral exams for the Bac exam here (basically, when you do your Leaving here, and you are just off a higher grade or a pass, you do an oral exam). They were telling the students to treat it like a job interview and to dress accordingly. Now, to me, it seemed a bit much to expect a 17 year old to wear job interview clothes for something like that! Surely the important thing was what they knew?

Ah not that many, just one or two are quite large :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hmm.

You'd hear this a lot, women saying they'd love a tattoo but it won't go well when it comes to their wedding day :confused:

You either want the tattoo or not and if you like it then you should want to show it off on that one day of your life!

Tattoos shouldn't interfere with life, but people are weird :pac:

I don't always get the attitude to tattoos and piercings and clothing etc.
    I heard a piece on the radio about the oral exams for the Bac exam here (basically, when you do your Leaving here, and you are just off a higher grade or a pass, you do an oral exam). They were telling the students to treat it like a job interview and to dress accordingly. Now, to me, it seemed a bit much to expect a 17 year old to wear job interview clothes for something like that! Surely the important thing was what they knew?

This. One million times. It shouldn't matter if you're dressed from head to toe in hemp.

I think I should go back to bed. I'm a bit hormental today :pac: I'd love a few sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Urgh. My sleeping pattern is in bits at the moment. Stupid stress.

Really in the mood to jack in everything for a year and go travelling too, but it's way to impractical for a while yet. I r sick of being grownup.

Barrel of laughs on a sunny Thursday ain't I? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I slept really badly last night. I had a slice of ham before going to bed and I was convinced it was gone off because my stomach started doing somersaults within minutes of eating it. That lead to about two hours of lying in bed groaning. Then I woke up at about 4am feeling even worse. I managed to get back to sleep but now I feel rubbish.

This has been a horrendous week for me. I just need it to be the weekend but it's only midday on Thursday.

I really need a holiday. Even if I just head off somewhere on my own for a few days. But all my money is being saved for more pressing things. :(

Ah not that many, just one or two are quite large :)

I think my next one could be my biggest so far. I'm thinking left hip/thigh area. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Twice I saw people going the wrong way round a roundabout in Carlow, middle of the day and all.

(Although, given the amount of roundabouts in Carlow, it's bound to happen eventually! :P )

A few weeks ago, J and I were driving through Carlow and the car in front of us stopped because there was an ambulance coming. On the other side of the (wide) road...

I don't think it's stupid at all; there's only a tiny part of the year where you might not be wearing tights or long trousers anyway. And if they hire you with a tattoo on your wrist, then I wouldn't be too worried about another small one that won't be seen 99% of the time anyway :)

I'm finally tonsillitis-free :D Just wish I wasn't still on antibiotics for the weekend as I've a 21st to go to. Ah well, it'll save me a few bob and a hangover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Have u devilled already xxxmcrnabyxx?

I have a feeling it's frowned on for women to wear anything other than skirts? Surely the tatoo would be seen under skin coloured tights? Tbh if it was me and I thought it might jeopardise my chances in my career, I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Have u devilled already xxxmcrnabyxx?

I have a feeling it's frowned on for women to wear anything other than skirts? Surely the tatoo would be seen under skin coloured tights? Tbh if it was me and I thought it might jeopardise my chances in my career, I wouldn't.

Devilling is for barristers. Mcr wants to be a solicitor. Plenty of trouser suits there.
    Honestly, I don't think you're gonna jeopardise anything if it's on your foot, won't be seen if you're wearing tights and will be barely visible without black tights. Besides, how often do people look at your feet, really?

@lucyfur - I never saw a picture of your wedding, but the other girls on here said you looked fab - would you think about putting one up in kyl?

Re dressing up for the Bac, we had to do the same in college for our French oral exam in final year. The external examiner demanded it be treated like an interview. Just an extra bit of stress you don't need when you're trying to remember everything you can about your dissertation topic!

In other news - tennis!

Something very strange has been going on with me this week. I've lost interest in everything. As in I don't want to do anything at all with my friends. Seriously don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Something very strange has been going on with me this week. I've lost interest in everything. As in I don't want to do anything at all with my friends. Seriously don't know why.

Same - just couldn't be bothered anymore. Feel like I'm always making the effort.

kate.m wrote: »
    Same - just couldn't be bothered anymore. Feel like I'm always making the effort.

The thing with mine is that they make the plans to suit them and then invite me and i always feel like they do it to pity me or something. Like one of them won't do anything without the other one there. Out of all of them there are 3 that I like now, just 3. That's ok with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I think I should go back to bed. I'm a bit hormental today :pac: I'd love a few sausages.

Have been struggling to describe how I feel all day!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

THANK YOU!!! :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Turns out my VHI doesn't cover the scan doctors now want me to get, having decided that its not actually gynae at all (unless, you know, this other dept say its not them, in which case the gynae is willing to look again), and despite having the bestest clearest kidney tests I've had in my life, they're saying this agony and nausea and all of that is due to kidneys (they think).

Apparently a CT in private is 250, not including consultant, and my VHI only covers half of it and 50 quid off the consultant.
    I know its better than nothing - but I can't afford it, so onto the waiting list with me.

MCR, go for the tattoo, if you really want it and its as discreet as you are describing it, then you've nothing to lose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement