Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the Loungers did Next... [off topic chat]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The thing with mine is that they make the plans to suit them and then invite me and i always feel like they do it to pity me or something. Like one of them won't do anything without the other one there. Out of all of them there are 3 that I like now, just 3. That's ok with me.

My "friends" are the exact same. Sure they don't even invite to most of the stuff they arrange. I'd say there's only two that I like now and one other one that I only like when she's away from the bitches which is rare. Problem is that the two that I like are rarely at home, though I think that's part of the reason that I like them - they don't think that Wicklow is the centre of the universe. They actually got out.

Thanks for the tattoo advice everyone. I'm still debating and deciding but I think I'll go for it! (My parents will kill me! :-D)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

How so Joe wrote: »
    @lucyfur - I never saw a picture of your wedding, but the other girls on here said you looked fab - would you think about putting one up in kyl?

Hmm....I dunno! I r shy
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Have been struggling to describe how I feel all day!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

THANK YOU!!! :D:D:D:D

Welcome!!

Sausages, bacon, chef brown sauce and tea make it a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Have u devilled already xxxmcrnabyxx?

I have a feeling it's frowned on for women to wear anything other than skirts? Surely the tatoo would be seen under skin coloured tights? Tbh if it was me and I thought it might jeopardise my chances in my career, I wouldn't.
    Sure having kids jeopardises careers, I better not have one of those either....ooopssss! :P
    How so Joe wrote: »

Re dressing up for the Bac, we had to do the same in college for our French oral exam in final year. The external examiner demanded it be treated like an interview. Just an extra bit of stress you don't need when you're trying to remember everything you can about your dissertation topic!
    It's stressful, and the advisors seemed to forget that these are kids. Unemployment is high here and money is tight for most people. So I don't think buying a suit, which they might wear once, should be a priority. Of course, if your parents have money you can of course get a suit. Yet another way the system favours the well off.
    /ends lefty pinko rant/

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

The thing with mine is that they make the plans to suit them and then invite me and i always feel like they do it to pity me or something. Like one of them won't do anything without the other one there. Out of all of them there are 3 that I like now, just 3. That's ok with me.

If it helps there are only 3 people I see regularly atm - and one is out of the country (now college is over) - sure there are way more I could meet up with and call who would hang out if I asked - but I'd have to do all the organizing? which I've done before which lends me to think maybe they don't want to hang out? (or maybe they're lazy)

Hell even one of the three I see regularly has annoyed me recently and even though I feel like I'm being a **** friend - I don't want to be the one who keeps giving in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Sure I only have a handful of friends at home that I would be bothered about seeing, and even then it's always me who texts first. Even with my work friends, I'm not often asked on nights out unless it's a big thing. I'm way more likely to do stuff with J and his friends; at least I know that I'm actually wanted there.

I could get upset about it, and I have in the past. But it's their loss, because I'm fcuking fabulous :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If it helps, I have no friends :pac:

2 girls from home who will randomly text back when it suits, but sure both of them were up in Dublin recently and didn't tell me. Met on of them randomly near my office the other day, she said how weird meeting you here.

Eh not really, I work here.... Funny you are sitting outside the place but not telling me you were up for a few days ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I have plenty friends at home, but here in London I have a grand total of one. I need to work on that, there's only so much time you can spend staring at your bedroom walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Out of the 3 I like I'm close to 2 of them. Suits me. The other is lovely I just ont get to see her that much.

There is one girl that is very fake. She's nice to me but actually hates me...why you may ask? I'm better friends with my bestie than she is. Anyone else find that sad and pathetic?

I'm more close to my college friend. One girl in particular I'm very close to and I like it like that.

Tbh I'd rather be on my own than be surrounded by people I don't like/dont like me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'll be friends with ye :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Me too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'll be friends with ye :cool:

You friendship hussy! (One of the things I like most about you by the way :) )

Had a great day at work. Got a hell of a compliment off the trainer. Old me would have downplayed my achievements, but new me agreed with him and asked him to let my manager know if he's impressed, that I'd appreciate his sending feedback in that direction. So he's going to. :D

I'm home now and sitting on the sofa, outside a few minutes ago I saw what looked like 3 siblings of a family, late teens, early 20's going around with a clip board. Immediately I thought they were collecting signatures for prolife. The bypassed me so I'll never know. Didn't stop me from having a big imaginary debate with them in my head though. LOL. Tired now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

<3

and that's awesome, good work!

Can't wait for yoga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I'm in a fecking foul mood and I really shouldn't be, so I'm annoyed at myself and the many, many horrible and silly people who have contributed to me feeling like the world is out to get me today and harshing my buzz :( UGHHHHHH

I FINALLY PASSED CT3 I PASSED I PASSED TAKE THAT YOU STUPID EXAM I FAILED SO MANY TIMES YEAH

CA1 results in 2 weeks

Yay, go bluewolf! :D

Feel a bit better after having a good cry down the phone to D, hadn't cried in ages and I think it's done me the world of good! Had a nice bath too so I've calmed down. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Bought a top in the sales that I have wanted for ages and what do I do but snag it a tiny bit with my engagement ring - sill top. My best friend is back from a holiday and we had a good chat which was lovely - I missed her so much (she is like a mummy to me so I consider her to be family).

Going out with my daddy tomorrow :)

The little guy was not well but is a lot better now - was really worried about him but that never stops when you become a parent (either of them).

Edit - Well done bluewolf!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congrats Bluewolf :D

Cooking what may just be my last proper dinner in this apartment with a can of Brewdog Punk IPA in my hand... :eek:

Head is absolutely melted after work today, very fiddly and annoying feature had to get finished and the QA guy was annoying the bejaysus out of me. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done bluewolf :D

Just out of a scalding hot shower and I feel fantastic! :D

Also bought myself new foundation today. I usually use Essence Mousse but today I got NYC All Day Long liquid foundation to try. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Sure having kids jeopardises careers, I better not have one of those either....ooopssss! :P

I was giving my opinion. There's no need to mock me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Have had three quarters of a bottle of wine! Be rude not to finish it!! Its almost the weekend after all but then again I work all weekend so I have an excuse haha

• Advertisement

Hair is dried and straight, boarding pass and train tickets are printed out and my bag is (almost) packed. Now to get a few hours of sleep and then I'm off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

^I love Emma Stone's red hair, I wish I'd suit a tone like that. But I don't think ginger hair and yellowy skin would work somehow...

I just had a massive row with a flatmate, that's it, I'm out of here. There is no repairing what was said tonight. The other flatmate was in tears and tried to talk to me after. I just lay back on the couch, stuck my hands behind my head and laughed in his face. He might have lived here years longer than me, but I pay more rent than him, this is my home and he can f**k right off.

I have been talking about moving out ever since I moved in. He's so hard to live with. When I brought that up he said some nasty, nasty stuff, that's why I laughed at him, and that's why the other girl started to cry. I wasn't gonna fight back. Pathetic. Two faced backstabber.

He also said some horrible things about my ex boyfriends who never caused any hassle here, and I stood up for them. They only ever had nice things to say about him.

I don't understand how totally nasty people can be. I have a nasty streak myself, but I never let it loose like that.

Probably couldn't handle the truth and being stood up to budgese. Fair play to you.

Bleh no takeaway ever again

Hope you're ok budgese! <3

I'm currently sitting in Birmingham airport with a delicious toasties and hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. Don't have to catch my train for another few hours so I'm enjoying relaxing :) it's not a bad life really!

WS that sounds so nice :)

Friday already, that week went fast! Trying to decide what to wear today. Up to go for a walk first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Last day of work eva!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Summer cold....boo!
    Summer holidays......yay!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement