Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This might have changed since I last tried, but last time I went to use all my points in one go, the site was charging me for shipped as my actual spend was less than their threshold for free shipping.

I thought that would be the case too, but I went as far as the checkout with my existing points and it still seemed to be applying the free shipping - so looks like (hopefully) they have changed it. I'll confirm when these VIP points are added and I pull the trigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

pcadhain wrote: »
    Mind posting pics when you install them?

467567.jpg

Didn't install some of the lights for the diner as they're flashing LEDS and we want to use the sets as a lamp of sorts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Great WiFi signal in both buildings... ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »

Enough bandwidth to bore a hole through both buildings and slag everyone therein :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Star Lord wrote: »

Never mind the wifi, it looks like there is a growhouse in the top floor of the restaurant...

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never mind the wifi, it looks like there is a growhouse in the top floor of the restaurant...
    That bit actually photographs very badly... The leds are behind the seashells in the roof and make them glow beautifully.

TBH, I'm far happier with the light kit for the restaurant than the café. While it suits the 50's Diner theme, there's an excess of light IMO, and I particularly dislike the flashing LEDs. I prefer the more muted / natural look of the restaurant scene and suspect that lighting kits for some of the other sets e.g. the Brick Bank / Town Hall etc are more likely to fit with that aesthetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

My three year old dragged this out from under the bed in the spare room last week and said “Daddy, Mammy got this for your birthday, is it your birthday today?”

It wasn’t.

Built this over the weekend. I don’t know what it is about Lego but I always look at sets and think they look great, but you can’t appreciate them at all until you build them and see the thought process behind how they go together. This set is mind blowing in terms of detail and cleverness. Highly recommend it.

468328.jpg

468329.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

Just got the best belated birthday present, the new Porsche 911 RSR! Can't wait to build it and display beside the GT3 RS. I didn't even know it was being released and had to find out by Google it was only released yesterday.

CR 7 wrote: »
    Just got the best belated birthday present, the new Porsche 911 RSR! Can't wait to build it and display beside the GT3 RS. I didn't even know it was being released and had to find out by Google it was only released yesterday.

I’ve been on the fence with the GT3 but running out of storage space for something that size. I see they’ve announced 2 more architecture skyline sets, San Fran and Paris, to be released New Year’s Day tho, so I’ve something to keep me busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Got the Lego Technic Excavator and bucket. Only now realising where do I put it when I do build it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Got the Lego Technic Excavator and bucket. Only now realising where do I put it when I do build it

My house is an option :).

I saw the new Porsche I'm Smyth's today, I didn't realise it was a one model set. No 2in1 on the box and no b model shown on the back. A little disappointed with that.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

My house is an option :).

I saw the new Porsche I'm Smyth's today, I didn't realise it was a one model set. No 2in1 on the box and no b model shown on the back. A little disappointed with that.

Nope will be staying with me I'll find room. Are you sure of the Porche thought it was or is that the GT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Santa was kind enough to bring me the Ninjago City. Looking forward to building it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Santa brough millenium falcon:kessel run for the young lad. Seems like a nice build. Is it wrong to want to do it all myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Sharing is caring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Finally got it finished, what a beast!

20181231_012735.jpg

20181231_012611.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Just ordered the corner garage. Happy New Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

So did I. Need to clear some space to start the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Picked up two of Benny's space squad today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

mloc123 wrote: »
    Picked up two of Benny's space squad today

I picked up three of them ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I picked up three of them ....

From Smyths?
    I ordered 2x from S@H but back ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

From Smyths?
    I ordered 2x from S@H but back ordered

Yup, Childers road, Limerick had plenty on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Smyth's also, lots in stock... Presumed they would not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Shame they don't have stock of all the new SW sets or Roller Coaster etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone notice 90% of lego city sets seem to have a helicopter, what the hell is legos obsession with helicopters, I'm saying this because my young lads birthday is coming up and he loves lego city, he got 2 large sets for Xmas both of which had a bloody helicopter in it and his bedroom is like a private airport at this stage, I was gonna get him the hospital but guess what there's a bloody helicopter in it, I think I'm just gonna have to get him the mining set... Not a chopper to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Anyone notice 90% of lego city sets seem to have a helicopter, what the hell is legos obsession with helicopters, I'm saying this because my young lads birthday is coming up and he loves lego city, he got 2 large sets for Xmas both of which had a bloody helicopter in it and his bedroom is like a private airport at this stage, I was gonna get him the hospital but guess what there's a bloody helicopter in it, I think I'm just gonna have to get him the mining set... Not a chopper to be seen

Don't forget Planes too, I stocked 3 sets at Xmas all had nearly identical looking planes, I think Lego city lads are just lazy and out of ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

shamrock55 wrote: »

LMAO even putting drones into city/technic sets now... LEGO sure love a propeller!

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it on this gloomy Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

LMAO even putting drones into city/technic sets now... LEGO sure love a propeller!

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it on this gloomy Monday morning

I seen the drones in the new fire sets, at least its not a helicopter but seriously like its ridiculous

irishgeo wrote: »
    So did I. Need to clear some space to start the build.

Ya must plan it out

• Advertisement

Postman delivered Paris and San Francisco skyline sets this morning. Probably won’t get to them until the weekend. Currently coming up with display ideas now that I’ve 10 of them :)

Advertisement