Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Just testing the water here. My son has decided to cease with his Lego collection and I’m thinking of selling the lot ! 6 years of collecting means we have an awful lot of sets. 80% are Star Wars Lego, some Jurassic Park and most of the Marvel Avengers.
    The list is long but I kept all instructions and all the boxes of newly bought sets (that are flat packed and was always careful to open carefully along the seam), and would include the Death Star, Jabbas Sail barge original, Jabbas Palace, first order Atat, rebel and empire vehicles. Many original sets bought off eBay, and lots of new sets bought from Argos and Smyths over the last 6 years.
    If there is enough demand to sell as a job lot I might consider, but know the max value return would be the arduous task of bagging and checking all the models, and sadly as many were played with this would take a long time. Based near Waterford/South Kilkenny. Would be a collectors dream. Also some Lego friends sets from my daughter too.
    If anyone would seriously consider this extensive collection I would start to compile the set names and numbers from the boxes that are in storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Migworks wrote: »
    Just testing the water here. My son has decided to cease with his Lego collection and I’m thinking of selling the lot ! 6 years of collecting means we have an awful lot of sets. 80% are Star Wars Lego, some Jurassic Park and most of the Marvel Avengers.
    The list is long but I kept all instructions and all the boxes of newly bought sets (that are flat packed and was always careful to open carefully along the seam), and would include the Death Star, Jabbas Sail barge original, Jabbas Palace, first order Atat, rebel and empire vehicles. Many original sets bought off eBay, and lots of new sets bought from Argos and Smyths over the last 6 years.
    If there is enough demand to sell as a job lot I might consider, but know the max value return would be the arduous task of bagging and checking all the models, and sadly as many were played with this would take a long time. Based near Waterford/South Kilkenny. Would be a collectors dream. Also some Lego friends sets from my daughter too.
    If anyone would seriously consider this extensive collection I would start to compile the set names and numbers from the boxes that are in storage.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Migworks wrote: »

He'll be looking for that stuff eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Think he'll regret not keeping at least some of them in future...

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Think he'll regret not keeping at least some of them in future...

Doubt it. People do grow out of Lego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Then they get older, have kids themselves...

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Bought the Droid Commander Boost set, Hidden Side Newbury High set and the Ideas Dinosaur Fossils set (although this is technically a gift from the OH).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Got the 1989 Batmobile UCS with limited edition 1989 batmobile and a tree

Then Hagrits hut, Clocktower, Expecto Patronum and another tree

That's it now for 2019. Managed to really reduce my spend this year and cull my wishlist. Chiefly avoiding the UCS ISD... for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Doubt it. People do grow out of Lego.

dont we all go through our 'dark age' here? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Batmobile(s) arrived today! I'm like a kid at Christmas, can't wait to get stuck into it! An early 40th birthday present for myself! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Star Lord wrote: »
    Batmobile(s) arrived today! I'm like a kid at Christmas, can't wait to get stuck into it! An early 40th birthday present for myself! :o

Pics please, throughout the build!

• Star Lord wrote: »

I was drooling over it in the Lego store in Glasgow at the weekend. Great looking set

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hows it building?
    Picked it up today, the box alone is impressive. Really impressive. Alas into the queue it goes until I figure out where to display and what it displaces

Too much going on at the minute to start into it, but yeah, that's one beast of a box!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So far I have resisted the temptation to buy this. So far...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,635 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MadYaker wrote: »
    So far I have resisted the temptation to buy this. So far...

It was £189 two days ago?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lego-42083-bugatti-chiron-3357879

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've the bugatti cheyron to build, I've had it nearly a year now and haven't opened it, I'm kinda dreading it, since I built the death star last year, just so many pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I've the bugatti cheyron to build, I've had it nearly a year now and haven't opened it, I'm kinda dreading it, since I built the death star last year, just so many pieces

If you decide not to build id buy it off you in january.

Pics please, throughout the build!

So, there's 24 numbered bags in the box, and two unnumbered bags! Bags 1-10 are all in a second box within the big box!
    Had I got it and started earlier, could almost have been like a Batman Advent calendar... :D

Did bag 1 & 2 last night:
    End of bag 1

End of bag 2

So far it has been an incredibly satiisfying build, with lots of technics elements clipping together in a variety of ways, and is pretty sturdy at that so far. The mechanism for turning the front wheels was very interesting to put together too.

So, there's 24 numbered bags in the box, and two unnumbered bags! Bags 1-10 are all in a second box within the big box!
    Had I got it and started earlier, could almost have been like a Batman Advent calendar... :D

Did bag 1 & 2 last night:
    End of bag 1

End of bag 2

So far it has been an incredibly satiisfying build, with lots of technics elements clipping together in a variety of ways, and is pretty sturdy at that so far. The mechanism for turning the front wheels was very interesting to put together too.

Nice, can really get a sense of scale from that.

• Advertisement

Some more pics from the result of bags 3 & 4, which was a little bit of the steering mechanism and mostly the front wheel arches...

Angled
    Front
    Wheel Arch
    Top view

Video:
    Steering...

Some more pics from the result of bags 3 & 4, which was a little bit of the steering mechanism and mostly the front wheel arches...

Angled
    Front
    Wheel Arch
    Top view

Video:
    Steering...

Did you get the smaller version as well? Would be interesting to see the two side by side.

Yeah, but I'm currently trying to decide whether to build it, keep it boxed, or gift it to my brother... :o

Yeah, but I'm currently trying to decide whether to build it, keep it boxed, or gift it to my brother... :o

All valid options! I'd open it though

Got near the end of bag 22 of 24 of the batmobile, and discovered a piece was missing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Got near the end of bag 22 of 24 of the batmobile, and discovered a piece was missing. :(

Their replacement or missing piece service is v good but yeah not ideal :(

Yeah, filled the form in for the missing piece. Disappointing, especially when it was so near the end, as bag 24 is the stand for it, but not the end of the world!

Yeah, filled the form in for the missing piece. Disappointing, especially when it was so near the end, as bag 24 is the stand for it, but not the end of the world!

Is it a common piece? Or if its not seen can you sub it for a different colour?

Double height black 2x1 (2x1x2?)
    Very much visible!
    Not too bothered by waiting for it, as I just got the stranger things set as a birthday gift!

Merry Christmas/whatever you celebrate!

• Advertisement

First Christmas in a long time sans lego (for myself), but put this together with my 4yo this morning... Lego is Lego I guess :o

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/emma-s-summer-heart-box-41385

Happy Christmas all

Advertisement