Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Thargor wrote: »
    Did you have to walk home? :D

No the bus was to go get it, only one left in the country.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

SMC92Ian wrote:
    No the bus was to go get it, only one left in the country.

You could have got a taxi and offered payment in Smyths vouchers.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Sleepy wrote: »
    Corner Garage would be the least sensible buy of the currently available range tbh as it'll be around for at least 3 years more.

If you can't find the Brick Bank or Detectives Office (some Smyths still have them although not listed on their sites), the next best option from a collecton POV would be The Parisienne Restaurant as it's the oldest of the modular sets still on sale (or the Fishing Shop as it's an Ideas product and they always have more limited runs)

Appreciate the input here.

I bought the Parisian Restaurant this week so will be getting it over the next day or so.

The corner garage is just something I fancied getting more than from a collection standpoint. But again appreciate the input.

I had a assumed that Brick Bank and detective agency were lost causes, at a reasonable price, at this remove. But all tips welcome...

You shouldn't have to pay that much more of a premium (15-20 euro ish) considering it's just retired. If you want it, get it now, because it'll steadily go over time.

The problem is finding it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The problem is finding it!

Bricklink.com

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    You could have got a taxi and offered payment in Smyths vouchers.. :D

It's 2 hours away, good luck with a taxi.

Bricklink.com

Aye. Saw it there.

But had hoped there was one somewhere on the island before I go down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Sleepy wrote: »
    Corner Garage would be the least sensible buy of the currently available range tbh as it'll be around for at least 3 years more.

If you can't find the Brick Bank or Detectives Office (some Smyths still have them although not listed on their sites), the next best option from a collecton POV would be The Parisienne Restaurant as it's the oldest of the modular sets still on sale (or the Fishing Shop as it's an Ideas product and they always have more limited runs)

Agreed to what sleepy say there. Keep an eye on the fisherman shop now because it might retire soon.

Otherwise, I think ninjago city is such an amazing addition to the modular range, keep an eye on it too it might also retire soon
    Appreciate the input here.

I bought the Parisian Restaurant this week so will be getting it over the next day or so.

The corner garage is just something I fancied getting more than from a collection standpoint. But again appreciate the input.

I had a assumed that Brick Bank and detective agency were lost causes, at a reasonable price, at this remove. But all tips welcome...

Give ebay.co.uk a go! You should be able to get it at a reasonable price (especially £ is low now). Good luck! Otherwise use bricklink, price+postage shouldnt be that bad now (it will get worse in time).

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Agreed to what sleepy say there. Keep an eye on the fisherman shop now because it might retire soon.

Otherwise, I think ninjago city is such an amazing addition to the modular range, keep an eye on it too it might also retire soon

Every singly person who buys it raves about how good it is, but I've held off because I still think it'd look off blended in with regular modulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Every singly person who buys it raves about how good it is, but I've held off because I still think it'd look off blended in with regular modulars.

ahaha, it is basically a china town, the exotic part of the town isnt it:P. Besides the look/aesthetics, it is just too good of a deal with that price-per-part ratio (with sales you can get it at <250)

• Advertisement

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ahaha, it is basically a china town, the exotic part of the town isnt it:P. Besides the look/aesthetics, it is just too good of a deal with that price-per-part ratio (with sales you can get it at <250)

I got the Ninjago city in Smyths last month for €215, savage set.

Just picked up the restaurant, what's with the awful lego faces?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Just picked up the restaurant, what's with the awful lego faces?

Ban request for SMC92Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I genuinely love some of the faces on the more recent sets... :eek:

The chef in the Downtown Diner reminds me of Quint from Jaws... :D

10260_1to1_MF_05.jpg?w=380&h=560

Think the same face was used in the Old Fishing Shop fisherman... which others noticed if you swapped with the body of the Captain, you pretty much got Quint...

Ban request for SMC92Ian.

Why because I want expressive, proper faces?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Went ahead, but the bullet and bought the new Architecture San Francisco (a city I lived in briefly in my 20s and fell in love with) and Paris sets from LEGO store online. Really looking forward to these. :)

Also treated myself to an early Christmas present and got the Creator ski lodge set which is good value for the build.

31080_alt1?wid=1500&hei=1500&fit=constrain,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1,1,6,0&iccEmbed=0&printRes=72

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Got the Ford Mustang which is a lovely little car. Few too many stickers but expected given the price and size.

Have the ship in a bottle on the way which I can't wait for. Any excuse for lego in the loo! :D

21313_alt1?wid=320&hei=320

I've decided not to keep the restaurant, just doesn't appeal to me, I'll keep an eye out for the Bank or Dectectives Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Went ahead, but the bullet and bought the new Architecture San Francisco (a city I lived in briefly in my 20s and fell in love with) and Paris sets from LEGO store online. Really looking forward to these. :)

Built these this evening - SF is absolutely brilliant, the details like hilly streets with cars/trolleys are very well done. I wasnt sure about the fake perspective bridge but it looks great built.

Paris is pretty good, I mean I thought it was a bit meh when I saw it released as there's 3 buildings in the skyline that are already their own Architecture sets, but as a build it's interesting to see how they're designed at a smaller scale.
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    Also treated myself to an early Christmas present and got the Creator ski lodge set which is good value for the build.

Thats a very early Christmas present :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

I've decided not to keep the restaurant, just doesn't appeal to me, I'll keep an eye out for the Bank or Dectectives Office.

I was kind of the same in pics thinking I’d get the Detectives Office in preference to the Parisian Restaurant. Glad I didn’t. It’s a great build and really is special seeing it in the flesh. Some lovely details and unique builds.

Ryath wrote: »
    I was kind of the same in pics thinking I’d get the Detectives Office in preference. It’s a great build though and really is special seeing it in the flesh. Some lovely details and unique builds

DO is by some distance my least favourite modular. The building is so small that it’s nigh on impossible to interact with. Even my five year old has issues with the barbers. I hate the open wall there as well. It sounds stupid, but I like the modulars to be structurally sound and yet there’s this gaping hole because they knew it was undersized and difficult to get at. Not keen on the colours either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

DO is by some distance my least favourite modular. The building is so small that it’s nigh on impossible to interact with. Even my five year old has issues with the barbers. I hate the open wall there as well. It sounds stupid, but I like the modulars to be structurally sound and yet there’s this gaping hole because they knew it was undersized and difficult to get at. Not keen on the colours either.

What you let a 5 year old play with it! :eek: It’s for display only. :P

Have the DO to but have to wait till my Birthday to open it. Must start on the Diner tomorrow.

So the DO is smaller than the PR? What about the brick bank? I just don't want to regret opening it if I think I'll enjoy the other two,

I really only want the DO cause of the pool sign and pool hall bit is "cool" to me.

So the DO is smaller than the PR? What about the brick bank? I just don't want to regret opening it if I think I'll enjoy the other two,

I really only want the DO cause of the pool sign and pool hall bit is "cool" to me.

Here's the heights in comparison to each other..

Here's the heights in comparison to each other..

DO looks the biggest height wise but probably crap for interior and room size?

SMC92Ian wrote:
    DO looks the biggest height wise but probably crap for interior and room size?

I like the fun of the DO, the room size is small in most of the creator series TBH

I like the fun of the DO, the room size is small in most of the creator series TBH

Yeah it's very disappointing dropping €150 on a set and when you build it, it's tiny as ****... I dunno I'll sit on it for now and maybe get the urge if a bank or DO doesn't show up.

This is getting out of hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My mom and the Mrs. were extremely good to me this Christmas, didn't get it finished the two weeks I was home, but managed to last weekend. Unbelievable build. It's now under a cover to keep the dust away till I can source a coffee table for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I picked the Saturn V this up on the weekend along with a couple of Overwatch sets (Bastion, D.Va & Reinhart) as I wasn't too pushed on this years modular.

On the topic of the modulars I have assembly square and the detective one. However I am considering get the lights for them. There seems to be a few different places that do them. Can anyone recommend the 'best'?

• Advertisement

This is getting out of hand.

Sorted my previous storage issue with an ikea shelf and an LED strip to backlight the buildings. Here’s hoping they end the skyline series now :D

Advertisement