Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bennys Space Squad are difficult to come by, but managed to get the last one in a toy shop I was passing by over the weekend. Going to need more of them to take on all the Storm Troopers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sorted my previous storage issue with an ikea shelf and an LED strip to backlight the buildings. Here’s hoping they end the skyline series now :D

That looks incredible 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    That looks incredible 11/10

Cheers - very happy with how it turned out. They are overlapping a bit, hence hoping there's no more, but I'm sure it would take another one or two. I think Washington is rumoured to be up next at some stage this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cheers - very happy with how it turned out. They are overlapping a bit, hence hoping there's no more, but I'm sure it would take another one or two. I think Washington is rumoured to be up next at some stage this year.

Been looking to buy the sets from the start, starting with Venice

Can find it on bricklink cheap enough, might start there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

aha i made my benny battle pack over the weekend (bought it 2 weeks ago)
    Hope i am not triggering anyone. and you are right, i didnt use the building instruction ha
    :pac:

jdWf57Vh.jpg
    robinph wrote: »
    Bennys Space Squad are difficult to come by, but managed to get the last one in a toy shop I was passing by over the weekend. Going to need more of them to take on all the Storm Troopers.

they are sold out out there now? wow i didnt expect this soon (i know it will be popular)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

seraphimvc wrote: »
    aha i made my benny battle pack over the weekend (bought it 2 weeks ago)
    Hope i am not triggering anyone. and you are right, i didnt use the building instruction ha
    :pac:

jdWf57Vh.jpg

they are sold out out there now? wow i didnt expect this soon (i know it will be popular)

Got one in the Lego Store in Leicester Square on Saturday and even they were low on stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Does anyone know whats going on with Overwatch? Smyths have none, is it exclusive to Argos?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I spotted this on Reddit that someone did with the Space Squad: :D

871ku6jkhfb21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Finally after buying Ghostbusters Firehouse! At long last! Can’t wait to start building it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Billydoc wrote: »
    Finally after buying Ghostbusters Firehouse! At long last! Can’t wait to start building it!

It's an incredible build, one of my favourites!

Good timing too as its being or has been retired.

• Advertisement

It's an incredible build, one of my favourites!

Good timing too as its being or has been retired.

Yeah picked it up in Derry Smyths. Out of stock there now I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Sorted my previous storage issue with an ikea shelf and an LED strip to backlight the buildings. Here’s hoping they end the skyline series now :D

I've never had any interest in the skyline series.... until now!
    That looks fantastic.:D

Went out to Smyth's this evening to pick up Assembly Square, but went 'off-piste' and went for Ninjago City.

My wife's eye roll was slightly extended when I also picked up Benny's Space Squad on the way to the register :o

This should keep me busy for a while...

471139.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bought a bunch of the speed champion car sets, they are pretty cool IMO. Nice level of detail and interesting builds... I would happily pay 5e each more for printed pieces over stickers tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Bought the Chiron last week and it was delivered today, I think I'll hold off on making it until I figure out where I'm going to keep it. the Porsche is just collecting dust in a bedroom.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The Tantive IV arrived there last week and finally finished it yesterday. Really great set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Got 2 x Creator Expert Roller Coaster on BrickLink for 20% off including postage to make 1 larger one.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Got 2 x Creator Expert Roller Coaster on BrickLink for 20% off including postage to make 1 larger one.

Ohh, please post pictures when that's made please :)

I got the Flintstones set, way over priced and tiny. Disappointing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

You definitely need to keep us updated with the progress of this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I would love to buy this set but alas I simply don’t have the space for it in my apartment...

...which means I must try to buy a bigger place. :D Given the state of the Dublin housing market, I’d be doing well to manage a 2 bed terrace in Portlaoise...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I would love to buy this set but alas I simply don’t have the space for it in my apartment...

...which means I must try to buy a bigger place. :D Given the state of the Dublin housing market, I’d be doing well to manage a 2 bed terrace in Portlaoise...:(

I store all my built sets that aren’t in display cases in stackable Wham plastic storage boxes, 32 litre, 45 and 80.

The standard Roller Coaster model can be split in 2 for moving, I plan to build this so I can split in 3 or 4 and hopefully store in 2 or 3 x 80 litre Wham boxes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Over on holidays in the heart of England at the moment. Picked up this nifty little LEGO Creator mini red London bus set for about €14 in London Heathrow. :)

LEGO-Creator-London-Bus-40220-Brand-New.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Ordered the Dragon Boat Race & the HP Knight Bus on Lego S@H, got the free rocket ride and a free HP polybag too.

I would have preferred the Dragon Dance set over the Boat Race but it's not available here unfortunately and I don't fancy paying BL prices.

Got this for fathers day. As you may know from my previous posts, big fan of the architecture series and architecture in general, but this one was something else. I had expected it to be quite repetitive and it was a little, but it was an absolute joy to build. It's solid as a rock when complete and it's massive. Hoping for more at this sort of scale.

483545.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Got this for fathers day. As you may know from my previous posts, big fan of the architecture series and architecture in general, but this one was something else. I had expected it to be quite repetitive and it was a little, but it was an absolute joy to build. It's solid as a rock when complete and it's massive. Hoping for more at this sort of scale.

483545.jpg

Is that a lego one or a 3d jigsaw one

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Tis real Lego: https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/product/Empire-State-Building-21046

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Spocker wrote: »

Cool thanks. Got the other looks okay but was flimsy

What? You can clearly tell.

• Advertisement

Ordered the Dragon Boat Race & the HP Knight Bus on Lego S@H, got the free rocket ride and a free HP polybag too.

I would have preferred the Dragon Dance set over the Boat Race but it's not available here unfortunately and I don't fancy paying BL prices.

I see you can get the year of the pig with dragon boat purchases online only. If you didn’t get it added to your basket let LEGO know and they should add it for you.

Advertisement