Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Working on the Creator Expert Diner, finished building the ground floor last night, and the first customers visited the Diner already...

469874.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Star Lord wrote:
    Working on the Creator Expert Diner, finished building the ground floor last night, and the first customers visited the Diner already...

Awesome little set, wish there were more tables :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, loving it so far, the window and counter areas in particular are very clever, the jukebox, coffee machine and drinks fountains too.

The ground floor would probably need to be expanded to the side or to the rear in order to accommodate more of the tables, but it'd be very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

tedpan wrote: »
    Awesome little set, wish there were more tables :)

It's the same for all these sets for me, always wish they were bigger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Went to the Lego store at lunch (Glasgow) bought the new McLaren Senna & the F40 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Star Lord wrote: »

Great Scott !!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Finished my Lego Technic Bucket Wheel set - 42055, it's massive and I have zero idea how to display / store it :(

The corner garage just arrived. Not sure when she will build it and where it'll fit though!

The corner garage just arrived. Not sure when she will build it and where it'll fit though!

Looks awesome.

SMC92Ian wrote:
    Looks awesome.

Cheers man, it's the only sacred part of the house. The dogs have chewed everywhere else! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Amazing display!

What you reckon is the best creator set in your collection? I’ve poured so much money into architecture sets and then colleagues in my last job bought me the diner as a parting gift. And the wife bought me the cinema (from amazon, not knowing it was retired :) ). So I guess I’m collecting those now too :D

Going to be getting another creator set at the end of the month just don’t know which one. Any recommendations?

Amazing display!

Cheers man!
    Going to be getting another creator set at the end of the month just don’t know which one. Any recommendations?

Definitely the detective's office was the most fun to build with lots of attention to detail and fun hidden things. The brick bank is also fun with a money laundering section at the back. :) The older sets are less detailed on the interior but still impressive outside. Parisian restaurant and assembly are her favourites.

Cheers man!

Definitely the detective's office was the most fun to build with lots of attention to detail and fun hidden things. The brick bank is also fun with a money laundering section at the back. :) The older sets are less detailed on the interior but still impressive outside. Parisian restaurant and assembly are her favourites.

Cool, thank you. I did notice a significant difference in detail between the cinema and diner. Gonna be a long January :)

Cool, thank you. I did notice a significant difference in detail between the cinema and diner. Gonna be a long January

On the exterior no, both impressive. The interior of the palace has nothing on the the diner, so much going on in the diner. Although we think the cinema definitely fits into the street better.

On the exterior no, both impressive. The interior of the palace has nothing on the the diner, so much going on in the diner. Although we think the cinema definitely fits into the street better.

Oops sorry yep that’s what I meant. From building it I mean, not from your pic. Got the diner first and was expecting same level of detail in all.

Oops sorry yep that’s what I meant. From building it I mean, not from your pic. Got the diner first and was expecting same level of detail in all.

We've found the more recent the release, the better and more fun the build. The diner is pretty awesome, as is the fishing store. The palace is one of the older models and has far less innovation and detail. Hopefully the corner garage has some nice features on the inside..

Aren't the detectives office and resturaunt now retired?

SMC92Ian wrote:

Yes, although I thought they were still available in Smyths.. sad times..

Yes, although I thought they were still available in Smyths.. sad times..

Long gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Detective's Office and Brick Bank just retired. Parisian Restaurant despite being older is still available.

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/product/Parisian-Restaurant-10243

Still on Smyth's but they only have one in stock hopefully just out after Christmas. They're low on stock on the Dinner too.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Parisian-Restaurant-10243

Luckily managed to get the Detective's office in Smyth's before Christmas even though stock checker said there was none.

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    Detective's Office and Brick Bank just retired. Parisian Restaurant despite being older is still available.

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/product/Parisian-Restaurant-10243

Still on Smyth's but they only have one in stock hopefully just out after Christmas. They're low on stock on the Dinner too.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Parisian-Restaurant-10243

Luckily managed to get the Detective's office in Smyth's before Christmas even though stock checker said there was none.

I have a giftcard for Smyths with €600 and **** all to buy.

Offer Triton Shower in my ads and cash my way? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How did you end up with a €600 gift card for Smyths?

Thargor wrote:
    How did you end up with a €600 gift card for Smyths?

Not sure how he did, but my wife's work used to give 50euro Smyths vouchers as kudos, hence a lot of the Lego :)

Not sure how he did, but my wife's work used to give 50euro Smyths vouchers as kudos, hence a lot of the Lego :)
    Thats a strange choice of shop for a rewards scheme? I get a €50 Dunnes voucher for donating a small vial of blood in the nurses office a few times a year where I work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

For nigh on 20/25 years I have managed to ignore the latent Lego bug since I got my police station and hospital and the rest.

Anyway, I bought the better half Assembly Square for Christmas which admittedly was too much too soon for her. So it sits and waits to be opened; anyway my jealousy of not having anything to build meant I went out and got the VW T1 so that's on the go.

The Lego City bus station is in the post for old times sake.

The Parisian Restaurant is purchased and awaits collection.

The VW Beetle is next on the hit list along with the Corner Garage when payday comes.

So yeah, I think I was right to not engage for so long as I'd be smashed.

Raging I missed out on Brick Bank as I really liked the look of it.

Dry January is more expensive than had been planned!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Raging I missed out on Brick Bank as I really liked the look of it.

You shouldn't have to pay that much more of a premium (15-20 euro ish) considering it's just retired. If you want it, get it now, because it'll steadily go over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Corner Garage would be the least sensible buy of the currently available range tbh as it'll be around for at least 3 years more.

If you can't find the Brick Bank or Detectives Office (some Smyths still have them although not listed on their sites), the next best option from a collecton POV would be The Parisienne Restaurant as it's the oldest of the modular sets still on sale (or the Fishing Shop as it's an Ideas product and they always have more limited runs)

Found the resturaunt in Blanch, damn missed the bus by 2 minutes though.

• Advertisement

Found the resturaunt in Blanch, damn missed the bus by 2 minutes though.
    Did you have to walk home? :D

Advertisement