Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just ordered myself the Sandcrawler as it's 20% off on Lego today. That only just brings it down to about the same price as on Amazon normally, but with some points off and a freebie Christmas set as well thrown in worked out slightly better going via the official Lego shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Got myself the Rough Terrain Crane on the way to work today, the current Smyths price will be hard to beat.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just went and picked up the Santas Winter Holiday Duplo set from Smyths as it was on a Black Friday discount.

...and also got the Downtown Diner set in order to bring the total over £100 and to get the £10 off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Thinking to get another Destiny's bounty with that goddamn discount!

Somehow black friday is not that great for me :< not many sets i am interested with significant discount compared to usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Lego shop has F all worth getting. Smyths has a tonne I want and very good discounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

BB8 €57 delivered from Amazon.. that's some price
    Destinys Bounty delivered for <€70 ... same.

I have both but really tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Lego shop has F all worth getting. Smyths has a tonne I want and very good discounts.
    What about the Mini?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

What about the Mini?

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

What about the Mini?

I have it and quite like it tbh. Lovely interior detailing.

BB8 €57 delivered from Amazon.. that's some price
    Destinys Bounty delivered for <€70 ... same.

I have both but really tempted

I just got another destiny bounty off amazon. No way i am letting this bargain go!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Destiny bounty gone back t 110 pounds again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Got the London Bus in Smyth's, it's discounted and then the extra tenner voucher brought it down to 90 quid

Nice model, build is uninspired however. Will finish it tonight. Happy enough with it at the price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Went a bit mad.

Detective Office, Downtiwn Diner and the two big winter village sets from Lego.com.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

OwaynOTT wrote:
    Detective Office, Downtiwn Diner and the two big winter village sets from Lego.com.

Pics please!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Assembly Square arrived from John Lewis today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

SEORG wrote: »

I only have a couple of the creator series, but that’s definitely on my list. Enjoy!

My three year old dragged this out from under the bed in the spare room last week and said “Daddy, Mammy got this for your birthday, is it your birthday today?”

It wasn’t.

tedpan wrote: »
    Pics please!

Judging by the likes, there may be some confusion about the winter sets. It's just the firehouse and train station.
    Will put up pics of them when done if people still want.

I got the Ninjago city dock for 160 just arrived today, nice discount hmmmm. will post pics when i combined it with the city ha

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I got the Ninjago city dock for 160 just arrived today, nice discount hmmmm. will post pics when i combined it with the city ha

Was so close to getting that along with all the other crap I got but I was strong!

Got an email this morning from LEGO and it have the dock in the email with the price stil at €160 and I caved and clinked the link.

Thank fcuk the link was wrong and it was back to full price on the website, the partner would have strung me up if I told her I had spent another €160 on LEGO.

Enjoy the set, looks like a fun build.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Picked up the pet store modular from adverts yesterday... It will stay boxed for a while. Detective office and diner to do first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭Ryath

SEORG wrote: »

Sent the link to my wife as a hint for Christmas should have just ordered myself. :( Good chance it will never be as cheap again. At least I got the Diner in Smyths for my Christmas present though again I had to go pick it up myself!

Was down the bottom my modular list being the newest but at the price I couldn't not get it. Detectives Office next.

Ryath wrote: »
    Sent the link to my wife as a hint for Christmas should have just ordered myself. :( Good chance it will never be as cheap again. At least I got the Diner in Smyths for my Christmas present though again I had to go pick it up myself!

Was down the bottom my modular list being the newest but at the price I couldn't not get it. Detectives Office next.

Get it quick... it is being retired soon

mloc123 wrote: »
    Get it quick... it is being retired soon

@#*&amp; :eek: May try and find some money and put it aside for my birthday!

Didn't see that, was sure the Parisian Restaurant would would retire first it's the oldest set still available. I only got it a month ago. Brick Bank retiring too. Not as pushed on that but I'd imagine it's nicer than I think from pictures and a nice contrast to the other modulars.

Ryath wrote: »
    @#*&amp; :eek: May try and find some money and put it aside for my birthday!

Didn't see that, was sure the Parisian Restaurant would would retire first it's the oldest set still available. I only got it a month ago. Brick Bank retiring too. Not as pushed on that but I'd imagine it's nicer than I think from pictures and a nice contrast to the other modulars.

Based on the cinema, you probably have till January before it drops of their site.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Based on the cinema, you probably have till January before it drops of their site.

Not in stock though on Lego store though. What are the chances of it coming back in stock?

Only a handful in Smyth's store around the country none of them particularly close to me. Few up north too.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I'm tempted by the Vestas Wind Turbine set, and now with the Christmas Carousel with purchases on the LEGO site I may pull the trigger. Wasn't really interested in the Christmas Box they had as promotion a few weeks ago so thought I'd wait and see what the next one would be; Carousel is way more to my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

Conchir wrote: »
    I'm tempted by the Vestas Wind Turbine set, and now with the Christmas Carousel with purchases on the LEGO site I may pull the trigger. Wasn't really interested in the Christmas Box they had as promotion a few weeks ago so thought I'd wait and see what the next one would be; Carousel is way more to my liking.

I too wasn't that interested in the Christmas Box but the Carousel is way more interesting. So I just ordered the Winter Village Fire Station, used €10 of my VIP points and will get 10% back for using my VISA debit card. And double VIP points. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The Missus and I ordered the Winter Village Fire Station for some Christmas Day building. It's 2x VIP points for the set which is nice, and it's coming with the Carousel freebie.

It was a nice surprise to see how much points I had accumulated :o The last serious piece of LEGO I'd bought before this was Detective's Office last August. When these points are added I'll have €55 to spend :eek: I think I'll use that and get the Pop-Up Book for €15. I'm in love with that set from the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The Missus and I ordered the Winter Village Fire Station for some Christmas Day building. It's 2x VIP points for the set which is nice, and it's coming with the Carousel freebie.

It was a nice surprise to see how much points I had accumulated :o The last serious piece of LEGO I'd bought before this was Detective's Office last August. When these points are added I'll have €55 to spend :eek: I think I'll use that and get the Pop-Up Book for €15. I'm in love with that set from the videos.

This might have changed since I last tried, but last time I went to use all my points in one go, the site was charging me for shipped as my actual spend was less than their threshold for free shipping.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Keplar240B wrote: »
    What stores in Ireland sell lego, is it just smiths and argos?
    Is there anywhere else?

Pretty much every top shop to be honest, including Art & Hobby. Are you looking for a bricks and mortar shop, or an online one?

Advertisement