Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

tedpan wrote: »
    That looks class, slightly narrower but the same depth. Only downside is the 5KG max shelf load vs 10KG. Think I'll be taking a trip to IKEA now. Two cabinets in one room is a bit much. I'll let you know if I pick one up. :)

Thanks for the new option to consider, it looks nice but I'm not sure on the legs. Might have to see if there's some way they can be removed

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Held off on buying the new Sandcrawler for ages and bit the bullet a few days ago. Shouldn't have delayed, it's a great little build. Perhaps the ugliest thing in the Star Wars universe but it's nice and comfy on my shelf. Not especially keen on the minifigures though, I probably have enough Jawas and droids as is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just ordered my Christmas Lego. Another 200euro gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

KnDCONp.jpg
    MUIRoxZ.jpg
    :) it is bit repetitive yes, looks great on coffee desk

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Usually do all my buying at Christmas so just bought

Winter village fire station (village took ages to build last year so starting early)
    Electrical parts for winter train
    Porg
    Disney ariel Ship (daughter)
    Duplo train (son)
    Now debating hogwarts great hall with Vip points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I was being good and holding off for the black friday deals and/or whatever the suprise Star Wars MF VIP thing will be. (Ref: Brick Fanatics)

However I caved when I saw Smyths doing Ninjago Docks for €175 (€55 off). I recently built the City and Destiny's Bounty and they are both brilliant builds

I may pull the trigger on the Hogwarts Castle when the Diagon Alley promo runs. Plus rumour has it there may be double points on it this month

Just blew the rest of my Lego savings on the Hogwarts castle and a few bits and bobs (Christmas presents for young relatives mostly). Completely blanked on the Diagon Alley gift with purchase set, quite curious about it now but it may end up in someone else stocking or on Adverts.

I find it funny though, I went nuts over the Mini Modular set (10230) a few years back and this is the same thing. Maybe my tastes have changed.

I may pull the trigger on the Hogwarts Castle when the Diagon Alley promo runs. Plus rumour has it there may be double points on it this month

Trigger pulled. Now how do I get this bad boy in the front door after I was caught bringing in Ninjago Docks last night :o But its for the kids...I protested

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone got a recommendation on the technic range, its my christmas present. nothing too mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Rhyme wrote: »
    Completely blanked on the Diagon Alley gift with purchase set, quite curious about it now but it may end up in someone else stocking or on Adverts.
    I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you're looking to sell it :)

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you're looking to sell it :)

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

irishgeo wrote: »
    anyone got a recommendation on the technic range, its my christmas present. nothing too mad.

What's the price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Mack Anthem would be my choice, it's 120 in Smyths at the moment. otherwise, the Forest truck (100) Rally Car (90) or Forklift (55) would be the ones I'd go for.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What's the price range?
    probably about the 100 euro mark.
    Mack Anthem would be my choice, it's 120 in Smyths at the moment. otherwise, the Forest truck (100) Rally Car (90) or Forklift (55) would be the ones I'd go for.

maybe the rally car although the truck looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

The rally car may be discounted again it was down to ~€65 at one stage on Amazon
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-42077-Technic-Functions-Construction/product/B075GS1NNB

It's a nice set but not the best value at full rrp. The Mack adv has more than twice the pieces. If u can blow the budget and it's on sale again get the Porsche GT3 it is amazing. I actually think it's good value considering the build time u get out off it.

I'm eyeing up the Chiron now thinking before one would be enough. I'll have to wait till a sale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd do the Mack or if you hang on for a Smyth's sale you might get the Bucket Wheel Excavator for €120? Might be a good option outside budget?

Edit: or as another option that's not Technic how about the Saturn V ?

TitianGerm wrote: »

I'd do the Mack or if you hang on for a Smyth's sale you might get the Bucket Wheel Excavator for €120? Might be a good option outside budget?

Edit: or as another option that's not Technic how about the Saturn V ?
    The saturn is proudly sitting complete on the side board. Very enjoyable.

Do lego do black Friday / cyber Monday deals?

The saturn is proudly sitting complete on the side board. Very enjoyable.

Do lego do black Friday / cyber Monday deals?

Yes they do. Keep an eye on shop at home site. Usually get a jist in advcance of what might be on sale from brick bros, brick fanatics, brickvault, brickset, eurobricks etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Jacovs wrote: »
    Bought the Saturn V for xmas. €114,99 after €5 VIP points used. Free display frame and double VIP points earned.

Jacovs do you mind me asking a stupid question? Could you point me towards that display frame? I didn't see it on the Lego website.

I've had my eye on this set since I saw it posted on its on thread. Santa has brought daddy Lego for the last three years ( cheaper technic sets) and my lads are at the stage now where they'll enjoy this one.

Many thanks
    Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Jacovs

conjon wrote: »
    Jacovs do you mind me asking a stupid question? Could you point me towards that display frame? I didn't see it on the Lego website.

I've had my eye on this set since I saw it posted on its on thread. Santa has brought daddy Lego for the last three years ( cheaper technic sets) and my lads are at the stage now where they'll enjoy this one.

Many thanks
    Conor

Think the offer expired on 2 november along with the double vip points offer. Right now if I add stuff over €55 it automatically adds a free harry potter diagon alley set.
    The frame is not available to order by itself unfortunately.
    It is on Amazon UK for £12,99.
    Set number 5005359

• Advertisement

I have lighting kits on the way from aliexpress for the Diner and Parisienne Restaurant modulars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Sleepy wrote: »
    I have lighting kits on the way from aliexpress for the Diner and Parisienne Restaurant modulars :)

Mind posting pics when you install them?

Hogwarts Castle arrived today. It's... huge. I'll have to bring the bags and instructions home from work over the next few days. Today is bags 1-10 and the first two instruction books.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Rhyme wrote: »
    Hogwarts Castle arrived today. It's... huge. I'll have to bring the bags and instructions home from work over the next few days. Today is bags 1-10 and the first two instruction books.

I have just bags 36 and 37 left to do. It's a monstrous build but very very enjoyable and looks fantastic.

Have fun!

I have just bags 36 and 37 left to do. It's a monstrous build but very very enjoyable and looks fantastic.

Have fun!

Going to take books 1 and 2 (and bags 1-21) for myself and give books 3 and 4 (and the remaining bags) to the wife and we'll meet in the middle a few days later :)

pcadhain wrote: »
    Mind posting pics when you install them?
    They'll probably be a while coming (aliexpress orders are rarely fast) but will will definitely get pics.

Mrs Sleepy has the Old Fishing Store and it's light kit for me for Christmas. Plan is to connect the three light sets to a usb hub plugged into a remote controlled socket to light up a currently dark corner of our sitting room.

I may even take a video of that if I get it working well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Sleepy

Looked up lights sets for the trains on Aliexpress after reading your post.
    They look awesome!

Think I'll pick some up.
    What brand did you get?

Whichever was the cheapest "complete" set (I noticed some sets seemed to have slightly different lighting arrangements based on the photos) for the sets I was looking at. I don't think brand really comes into play on Aliexpress - it's *all* generic Chinese crap! A lot cheaper than going with the branded sites though - some of those light kits are nearly as expensive as the sets themselves, the ones I ordered ranged from about €14 (parisienne café) to €30ish (the Diner).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just checked the winter Village toy shop light pricing, one two show up for it and they're both 30... Hmm... Will have to think about those! Probably wouldnt get them in time now anyway!

Advertisement