Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

^incredible set!! And that's why I got the 'rerelease' of it recently, I might put mine together and take a pic as well :)

Set number is 60183 City

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Picked up Assembly Square from Smyth's this morning, think it will be the last Creator set for a while! Will hopefully have a few pics tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

tedpan wrote: »
    Picked up Assembly Square from Smyth's this morning, think it will be the last Creator set for a while! Will hopefully have a few pics tomorrow..

Would love that set some day! Built the Statue of Liberty yesterday. Nice looking!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Built Voltron over the weekend and it's a fantastic set, both to build and to look at. Now torn between displaying as a giant robot or the five lion robots.

Rhyme wrote:
    Built Voltron over the weekend and it's a fantastic set, both to build and to look at. Now torn between displaying as a giant robot or the five lion robots.

Pics please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Pics please!

This is mine...
    458183.jpg

458184.jpg

I really enjoyed the build, and the transformation process!

I'm not sure on how to display it either - one giant robot, or 5 lions dotted around the house randomly...

Pics please!

I'll take a few snaps tonight. Going to see if they can stack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    This is mine...
    458183.jpg

458184.jpg

I really enjoyed the build, and the transformation process!

I'm not sure on how to display it either - one giant robot, or 5 lions dotted around the house randomly...

Buy a second and display both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

How long does it take to do the transformation?

pcadhain wrote: »
    How long does it take to do the transformation?

Each of the 'limbs' takes a few seconds to pick up and turn into place. They have to click so a little bit of force is needed, not much. The large lion has to have it's limbs popped off, rotated and then popped on again as well as it's head turned up to reveal the face. All-in-all, probably less than a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Picked up the classic Batman Cave from Smyth's. For €150 it's a great price

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'll take a few snaps tonight. Going to see if they can stack :)

They don't stack particularly well, especially when you sneeze near them. I have some work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pulled the trigger on the new Hogwarts set released today. Very excited about it! Second largest set ever in terms of pieces, will be a fun few days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Its cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Pulled the trigger on Hogwarts Castle...

I've got nowhere to store it though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

Ok granted not officially Lego per se, but a Chinese replica of a set I don't wanna spend an absolute fortune on! A fun build with lots of interesting details and the lights/motor work!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

g0g wrote: »
    Ok granted not officially Lego per se, but a Chinese replica of a set I don't wanna spend an absolute fortune on! A fun build with lots of interesting details and the lights/motor work!
    I went looking for it on Aliexpress to see how much it cost, not htat cheap tbh:

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/Lepin-wind-turbine.html?SearchText=Lepin+wind+turbine&d=y&blanktest=0&initiative_id=SB_20180907130907&origin=n&catId=0&isViewCP=y&jump=afs

I never buy the Chinese crap but I do like reading the reviews to see how well the forgers did. Lepin made a Ninjago City! Destinys Bounty is in there aswell:

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/Lepin-06066.html?SearchText=Lepin+06066&d=y&blanktest=0&initiative_id=SB_20180907130418&origin=n&catId=0&isViewCP=y&jump=afs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

Thargor wrote: »
    I went looking for it on Aliexpress to see how much it cost, I never buy the Chinese crap but I do like reading the reviews to see how well the forgers did. Lepin made a Ninjago City! Destinies Bounty is in there aswell:

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/Lepin-06066.html?SearchText=Lepin+06066&d=y&blanktest=0&initiative_id=SB_20180907130418&origin=n&catId=0&isViewCP=y&jump=afs
    Ah yeah I would have been against it in the past. I'll also make sure not to mix this with the good stuff, but it was the only way I was gonna ever build this set. Same with getting the older Scooby Doo sets for kids - originals are ridiculous prices. Brick quality on this set was good, although granted not as perfect as real Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I havent had a Lepin set but I am very very very very tempted to get the retired Haunted House from Lepin. Honestly, brand loyalty is pointless nowadays and the set is mainly for display in a cupboard only, I am truly not bothered much by the quality of the bricks per se (from what i read their quality is rigid enough).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I havent had a Lepin set but I am very very very very tempted to get the retired Haunted House from Lepin. Honestly, brand loyalty is pointless nowadays and the set is mainly for display in a cupboard only, I am truly not bothered much by the quality of the bricks per se (from what i read their quality is rigid enough).

I picked up a "Loz Mini" version of the Robie House a few months ago. I had bought fallingwater from bricklink which was quite expensive, so I couldnt bring myself to spend even more on Robie House.

The Loz Mini set was $30 on AliExpress, took about 2 months to get and felt disgusted with myself :D But honestly, it was fun to build with half scale bricks, and the set is massive so takes up 1/4 of the shelf space. Quality surprised me, and all of the >2,000 pieces were there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lepin clones are liable to seizure by customs which is a big enough issue

Still building Assembly Square, think that's enough lego for a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭Ryath

Still building Assembly Square, think that's enough lego for a while :D

Only started with my modulars Parisian Restaurant a few weeks ago. Going to try and buy at least one a year now. Building the GT3 this week though has really reminded me how much I used love Technic.

Where are your display cabinets from?

Ryath wrote: »
    Only started with my modulars Parisian Restaurant a few weeks ago. Going to try and buy at least one a year now. Building the GT3 this week though has really reminded me how much I used love Technic.

Where are your display cabinets from?

Yeah, my wife's addicted :)

They're from IKEA, they fit the modulars pretty well, I'm sure for Technics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I think its an IKEA Fabrikor. I was looking at them as I've been researching display cabinets for a room redecoration :)

IKEA Fabrikor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Bought the Saturn V for xmas. €114,99 after €5 VIP points used. Free display frame and double VIP points earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭Ryath

Rael wrote: »
    I think its an IKEA Fabrikor. I was looking at them as I've been researching display cabinets for a room redecoration :)

IKEA Fabrikor

Thought they were myself but wasn't sure from teds pic. I looked at them before but they are a little low looking for something taller. Was considering joing two Detolf cabinets together or some of the other cabinets they do. Something more like a wooden cabinet with glass door may be easier get by my wife.

Just seen this though on the ikea site new cabinet that looks perfect.
    https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/storage-furniture/cabinets-sideboards/milsbo-glass-door-cabinet-anthracite-art-30396448/

dining_storage_milsbo_PE704500_PE704499_PE704498_30396448_520x350.jpg

Ryath wrote:
    Just seen this though on the ikea site new cabinet that looks perfect.

That looks class, slightly narrower but the same depth. Only downside is the 5KG max shelf load vs 10KG. Think I'll be taking a trip to IKEA now. Two cabinets in one room is a bit much. I'll let you know if I pick one up. :)

• Advertisement

Think it's a little bit too narrow.. might take a drive over to have a look anyway

Advertisement