Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

radiowaves wrote: »
    Poor choice of words ;)

Many European channels will be showing games and it is quite legal to view these domestically using the relevant viewing cards.

In addition Everton's game is on ITV4 and Setanta and Celtic's game is also on Setanta.

he asked for games in HD and i assume in ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

kooga wrote: »
    he asked for games in HD and i assume in ROI

Legally is still a poor choice of words - I concede the HD point (ITV4 in SD is poor).

Legally is still a poor choice of words - I concede the HD point (ITV4 in SD is poor).

i concede the word legally :).

whatever game you are watching and wherever you are this thursday enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Celtic v Inter looks an absolute cracker on BT HD, The atmosphere I'm sure will be red hot.

That game deserves to be watched only in HD.

*Offtopic* - I see also Nova Sports HD has it on 23.5e too, most likely get that in English for the "Foreign" satellite lads.

Mallagio wrote: »
    Celtic v Inter looks an absolute cracker on BT HD, The atmosphere I'm sure will be red hot.

That game deserves to be watched only in HD.

*Offtopic* - I see also Nova Sports HD has it on 23.5e too, most likely get that in English for the "Foreign" satellite lads.

fingers x they don't have a fta blackout on canale 5 on hotbird

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

kooga wrote: »
    fingers x they don't have a fta blackout on canale 5 on hotbird

Do they encrypt for football usually yeah?

Mallagio wrote: »
    Do they encrypt for football usually yeah?

its getting more common now, however champions league on a wednesday night is still FTA on italia 1 Hotbird

and other FTA is zdf on astra 19.2 on wednesday night CL and kable eins on astra 19.2 for europa league on thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bt Sport are showing the Bradford V Reading Fa Cup Match FTV.

http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/tv

Saturday 7 March
    Bradford City v Reading (12.45pm) – Live on BT Sport (free to all)
    Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion (5.30pm) – Live on BBC1

Sunday 8 March
    Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers (4pm) – Live on BT Sport

Monday 9 March
    Manchester United v Arsenal (7.45pm) – Live on BBC1

mikeym wrote: »
    Bt Sport are showing the Bradford V Reading Fa Cup Match FTV.

http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/tv

On the Sky platform (FTV) and BT.com (free) only.

No mention of cable viewers.

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic but the Liverpool v Blackburn game is on fta Eurosport Deutschland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

fiorentina v spurs is on setanta sports 1 at 6pm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Good news for Spurs fans who were left out in the cold by Setanta last week. Also the first time Setanta have put Europa League on Setanta 1 on quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BT Sport extends Italian Serie A football deal until 2018
    BT Sport has extended its deal for live Italian Serie A football for a further three years.

The broadcaster will now have the rights to show up to 380 exclusively live matches per season until 2017/18.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a631667/bt-sport-extends-italian-serie-a-football-deal-until-2018.html#~p5pjtY0vUXEPpB

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

I paid for the BT Sport & Setanta package, €21.99 per month.
    I notice the last couple of days I am not able to access BTSport1 or 2, as I wanted to watch the Feyenoord game tonight. Anyone know why this is?

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    I paid for the BT Sport & Setanta package, €21.99 per month.
    I notice the last couple of days I am not able to access BTSport1 or 2, as I wanted to watch the Feyenoord game tonight. Anyone know why this is?

BT do not have the rights to broadcast the Europa League in Rep of Ireland. Wasn't that game on Setanta Sports too?

PS Haven't they been running a €9.99 per month promotion? Even if that's finished you must be the only person paying the full price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

BT do not have the rights to broadcast the Europa League in Rep of Ireland.

PS Haven't they been running a €9.99 per month promotion? Even if that's finished you must be the only person paying the full price :)

Didn't hear about that promotion, I guess I'll be ringing them tomorrow then, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

BT do not have the rights to broadcast the Europa League in Rep of Ireland.

That is true, however they will have the rights to show them in ROI from next season.

energy1942 wrote: »
    That is true, however they will have the rights to show them in ROI from next season.

Unfortunately the Feyenoord game is now over so that's no good to the OP ;)

The 9.99 promotion ends this Saturday.

"To get three months at €9.99* per month subscribe before Saturday 28th February with the promo code '2015' or click here. There's a lot to look forward to:

"To get this great offer call 0818 20 30 40 with the promo code '2015' or subscribe online now."

BTW it is satellite only.

Celtic v Inter, Everton v Young Boys and Fiorentina v Spurs were shown by Setanta. They have the rights to show all games except the game shown by TV3 but obviously can show a maximum of two 6:00pm and two 8:05pm KOs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Super news! Enjoying the league a lot.

Just signed up to the 2015 offer st 9.99 pm for 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

What's the cheapest way to get the Setanta/BT/ESPN package on cable? I'm moving house and am not tied to a provider - basically I just want the package and don't care about any other channels. That and broadband will be enough for my needs.

The cheapest way to get only the Setanta&BT pack is to use an out of contract Sky box and subscribe direct to Setanta.

If a dish is not an option, with UPC you're looking at min €49pm (Digital Value&Setanta pack), Eircom Setanta pack is €18pm but it's harder to compare directly because as I understand you can't take TV from Eircom without also taking phone and broadband (happy to be corrected if that's not the case).

icdg wrote: »
    The cheapest way to get only the Setanta&BT pack is to use an out of contract Sky box and subscribe direct to Setanta.

If a dish is not an option, with UPC you're looking at min €49pm (Digital Value&Setanta pack), Eircom Setanta pack is €18pm but it's harder to compare directly because as I understand you can't take TV from Eircom without also taking phone and broadband (happy to be corrected if that's not the case).
    There are lots of sky boxes on adverts - would they only work with a satellite dish? Hate having to take on basic pack channels and pay for what I don't use.

If that's the case I'll just have to calculate broadband + tv prices for different providers. Have heard bad things about eircom broadband, I've only dealth with UPC and they're grand

Yeah, you need a dish for a Sky box to work. It's the only way of taking Setanta only - taking it with UPC or Eircom means taking their basic TV pack as well.

Oh well.

The package seems to be available for Magnet's Aertv too, and that looks like a cheap way of doing it. Now I just need to research if Aertv is good enough quality. Could chromecast that to the telly! I just basically need to get Serie A, NHL is a nice plus too though...

For all of us missing UTV, Setanta have picked up the rights to tonight's Italy v England friendly in Turin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

icdg wrote: »
    For all of us missing UTV, Setanta have picked up the rights to tonight's Italy v England friendly in Turin.

When did they they pick up the rights? So much for UTV Ireland saying that they will get new programmes and sports as they become available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Elmo wrote: »
    When did they they pick up the rights? So much for UTV Ireland saying that they will get new programmes and sports as they become available.

Does that mean they have to pick up every available one off sporting event? Time to be realistic. Also what if UTV Ireland did bid but Setanta outbid them?

Advertisement