Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭theglobe

muffler wrote: »
    Did you email them back with a link to the offer on their website?

No but I said I was on deal. They said no offers post 1e deal so they knew what I was referring to. In the bargain alert thread theyre saying to cancel it and they ring you in a few days with offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

theglobe wrote: »
    No but I said I was on deal. They said no offers post 1e deal so they knew what I was referring to. In the bargain alert thread theyre saying to cancel it and they ring you in a few days with offer.
    Sorry, I misread your last post. But yeah, you're right, there are quite a few guys posting about not getting the 10/month offer when they cancel the 1 euro offer. Its early days yet though :) I would imagine that there will be a lot of calls coming from Setanta over the next couple/few weeks.

I have the next 3 months for a tenner a month but that has more to do with an issue i had with them earlier in the year and they promised to "look after me" when the footy season would start again in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭traecy1

I cancelled the 1 euro deal recently and also wasn't offered any deal to stay on. I was a bit surprised as last season they always offered deals when I rang up to cancel. 21.99 per month is a bit too much IMO, especially as Setanta's 3pm games are much less attractive this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

traecy1 wrote: »
    I cancelled the 1 euro deal recently and also wasn't offered any deal to stay on. I was a bit surprised as last season they always offered deals when I rang up to cancel. 21.99 per month is a bit too much IMO, especially as Setanta's 3pm games are much less attractive this year.

I have the setanta sports pack only on satellite
    I got it for the live european football games
    I got it for 13 months for €200 or €15.34 per month
    its cheaper than sky sport

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

ftakeith wrote: »
    I have the setanta sports pack only on satellite
    I got it for the live european football games
    I got it for 13 months for €200 or €15.34 per month
    its cheaper than sky sport

Same as myself - and Milan's 5th goal last night was worth €15 on its own :)

• Advertisement

yknaa wrote: »
    Same as myself - and Milan's 5th goal last night was worth €15 on its own :)

you get some extra live champions league games that is 21euros cheaper than getting sky sports
    Setanta pack compliments the basic sky pack, freesat and saorview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Anyone else having trouble cancelling this €1 offer? I've tried to log in a few times but I'm getting an error page every time. I don't have a phone at work so wont be able to cancel over the phone and I know I'll end up having to pay the full price for next month.

This is the error I'm getting;

ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION
    Oops, something has gone wrong
    Please go back or if you have any other queries, visit our contact us page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Jayop wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble cancelling this €1 offer? I've tried to log in a few times but I'm getting an error page every time. I don't have a phone at work so wont be able to cancel over the phone and I know I'll end up having to pay the full price for next month.

This is the error I'm getting;

ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION
    Oops, something has gone wrong
    Please go back or if you have any other queries, visit our contact us page.

Drop them an email - worked within 5 mins for me (you won't get a new offer though).

radiowaves wrote: »
    Drop them an email - worked within 5 mins for me (you won't get a new offer though).

I sent one about 13 minutes ago and didn't get any reply yet. (not that I expect them to be that quick).

where did you sent the email to? I went to customerservicesire@setanta.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Jayop wrote: »
    I sent one about 13 minutes ago and didn't get any reply yet. (not that I expect them to be that quick).

where did you sent the email to? I went to customerservicesire@setanta.com

Sounds right.

Include all relevant details (card nr etc).

• Advertisement

radiowaves wrote: »
    Sounds right.

Include all relevant details (card nr etc).

I sent it as a forwarded email of the one they sent me when I joined. Also added my customer number with them but not my vcn.

Sure we'll see what happens. If I have to pay one more month at full price I could probably live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Noticed Channel 4 are going to use BT Studios for NFL coverage

Just to update.

Got a reply asking me for more details about an hour later, I supplied them and then got another saying it was cancelled. No messing and no hassle.

Well done Bt Sports for very good customer service today. When I have enough cash I'll be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

^ ^ surely you mean Setanta customer service?

muffler wrote: »
    ^ ^ surely you mean Setanta customer service?

Correct. The email I was dealing with was setanata. I only signed up for bt sports so I keep referring to them as such.

red button now on bt sport 1 through sky from tonight in ireland

Any sign of the red button on UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Joo0 wrote: »

the horizon remote has'nt even got a red button...

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    the horizon remote has'nt even got a red button...

Flip it around to the keyboard side :P

Joo0 wrote: »

no red button ever on UPCTV

• Advertisement

Any technical reason for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Euronews did. It might still do but I'm no longer with UPC so cannot check.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It still works on Euronews and is also used as a short cut to the catch up services on channels that have them. In truth the lack of red button on UPC isn't due to any technical limitations but really a lack of interest from anyone in developing red button applications for the platform. There is also the (albeit much diminished at this stage) issue that UPC is still running three different platforms.

As for BT, this BT Sports Extra service is being delivered as a linear channel to BT Broadband customers so no reason it couldn't be delivered in the same way to UPC customers. Setanta is showing some of these Serie A and Ligue 1 games in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

RTE and TV3 Players have been available on the Red Button since they launched

Also Info TV and Euronews have Red Button facilities

A heads up that for whatever reason, Saturday's Manchester United v West Ham game is currently scheduled for Setanta Ireland rather than Setanta Sports 1. Its not due to Premier Sports schedule - they are showing ice hockey repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

It's Super Saturday and they will push the UFC heavy during Saturday on Setanta Ireland. I recently got the Setanta Package but I'm beginning to think i should hold out until Christmas in future years and then just get it until the end of the season.

Setanta fixtures through to the end of January:

http://www.setanta.com/ie/setanta-confirm-premier-league-fixtures/

Of note among the 3pm KOs, Aston Villa v Manchester United on 20th December, Everton v Manchester City on 10th January and Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland on 17th January are very attractive fixtures by Setanta's standards.

I may be reading this wrong, but it also looks like Setanta have also picked up the Irish rights to show a 3pm game in the FA Cup third to fifth rounds proper, because BT Sport should only be showing three games per round (with the BBC showing another two)????

Then again (and I am trying to do the maths) two live games from rounds one and two, three from rounds three to five, and two quarter finals, a semi, and a final would only still add up to 17 games, whereas BT have said they will be showing 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭traecy1

Interesting that they have Man United v Leicester on January 31st on that list. However on the home page they have an ad listing Sunderland v Burnley for the same day.
    Tottenham v Sunderland on January 17th isn't a bad fixture to have but when you consider Aston Villa v Liverpool and QPR V Man United are on at the same time, it certainly indicates that Setanta don't have complete freedom to pick whatever 3pm game they want to this season.

icdg wrote: »
    Setanta fixtures through to the end of January:

http://www.setanta.com/ie/setanta-confirm-premier-league-fixtures/

Of note among the 3pm KOs, Aston Villa v Manchester United on 20th December, Everton v Manchester City on 10th January and Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland on 17th January are very attractive fixtures by Setanta's standards.

I may be reading this wrong, but it also looks like Setanta have also picked up the Irish rights to show a 3pm game in the FA Cup third to fifth rounds proper, because BT Sport should only be showing three games per round (with the BBC showing another two)????

Then again (and I am trying to do the maths) two live games from rounds one and two, three from rounds three to five, and two quarter finals, a semi, and a final would only still add up to 17 games, whereas BT have said they will be showing 25?

4 live Eng Fa cup games from the 3rd round are all on bt sport but bbctv have 2 live tv games

I only have the setanta pack alongside freesat/saorview
    I got it for live european live football games
    I have noticed BT Sport has the best live tv games in the european cup rugby
    I also like setanta sports in showing the best non English champions league live games up to the quarter finals
    I think the setanta pack on sky is better value than sky sports

Not interested in getting sky sports which is a rip off for 36euros per month
    Its maybe live spanish football games I could be interested in but its not worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I think Setanta want people to stream games online.

They have shown one Liverpool 3pm so far and Bt are showing one live game in December and One live game in January.

Their showing Sunderland V Burnley instead of Liverpool v West Ham on January 31st :mad:

Complete rip off.

Advertisement