Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Gamestop trade in deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The one thing I have learned about Gamestop is to treat each store like an individually run company. What applies to one store has no bearing on any other store.

Some stores take the 9.99 deal as a preorder, others laugh in your face at the mere thought of the idea.

In Limerick, we have 3 Gamestops, each with different rules pertaining to what do in different scenarios.

I had to try 3 different stores to pre-pay for Bioshock Infinite using the 2 game deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Website is most up to date I'd say. Check it the day you go in and bring a smartphone!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

thanks sweetie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

sweetie wrote: »
    the 9.99 plus two games deal is extended till 31/4/13 so it looks like an ongoing thing

Said to me via their twitter they hope to have it as a ongoing thing

tomorrow the day i have my 4 games now time for luigi mansion 2 and lego city undercover keep me in your thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

tajd wrote: »
    tomorrow the day i have my 4 games now time for luigi mansion 2 and lego city undercover keep me in your thoughts
    What console is Lego city on?

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    What console is Lego city on?

WII U

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Mass Effect 3 is on the list and that's 9.99 in Smyths ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

So I rang the carlow gamestop, and yep they are allowing you to trade in 2 games now for GTA 5. Waterford store wont do it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone maage to get Luigi or Lego yet?

• Advertisement

Anyone maage to get Luigi or Lego yet?

yup :D got luigi mansion 2 and lego city undercover in limerick gamestop in the cresent

i had 4 games and star fox wasent on the list lucky i brought another game just in case

got an epic super mario labtop bag also 15 euro

dont forget to register your games

i have 8300 stars now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Digitalism wrote: »
    So I rang the carlow gamestop, and yep they are allowing you to trade in 2 games now for GTA 5. Waterford store wont do it though :(

the assasins creed game that will be out in november can also be preordered for 2 games and 9.99.

I know it's a long way off but if you have 2 of the games now and don't play them it can save you a xmas present later on in the year.

yup :D got luigi mansion 2 and lego city undercover in limerick gamestop in the cresent

i had 4 games and star fox wasent on the list lucky i brought another game just in case

got an epic super mario labtop bag also 15 euro

dont forget to register your games

i have 8300 stars now

Been to three stores in Dublin none of which would give me either game for €9.99, I tried several games too but the deal just wouldn't trigger:(, could you upload a copy of your receipt so I can show it too them.

Been to three stores in Dublin none of which would give me either game for €9.99, I tried several games too but the deal just wouldn't trigger:(, could you upload a copy of your receipt so I can show it too them.

i dont have a scanner sadly

sorry to hear this tho

someone said a few days ago all gamestop are like there own mini business

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

BAH have more than the 5 games but only 2 of them arent 120 miles away until next friday :mad:

edit:just had another look and it seems ive got a third game here for 50 quids, anybody know if theyll take an unboxed ds game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

bitburger wrote: »
    BAH have more than the 5 games but only 2 of them arent 120 miles away until next friday :mad:

edit:just had another look and it seems ive got a third game here for 50 quids, anybody know if theyll take an unboxed ds game?

Offer valid from 15.02.13 - 04.03.13

Current date - 29.03.13

You are sadly late for this promotion

This on is still going.

They will not take unboxed. They will not even take boxed if it is badly broken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Its hilarious because I could have bought Lego for 9.99 in the Crescent, Limerick, but not Luigi! Again, different stores, completely different offers.

Tajd, not sure how you got Luigi in there!

Its hilarious because I could have bought Lego for 9.99 in the Crescent, Limerick, but not Luigi! Again, different stores, completely different offers.

Damn you Limerick feckers and your getting better deals deal, I have just picked up Luigi for the other deal trade in a game and pay €21.99, I traded Mario Bros 2 was sick of it, Tajd if you get a chance can you post a copy of your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey lads where the list of games eligble to trade in ?

i was in gamestop in limerick in the cresent on thursday i got luigi and lego city i swear

gamestop is so messed up if true

they like me in there do you want me to try for you ?

its a crime your missing luigi mansion 2

pm me if your insterested

• Advertisement

Damn you Limerick feckers and your getting better deals deal, I have just picked up Luigi for the other deal trade in a game and pay €21.99, I traded Mario Bros 2 was sick of it, Tajd if you get a chance can you post a copy of your receipt.

i have my receipt but dont have a scanner i swear im telling you guys the truth

if anyone in limerick that cant get luigi mansion you can have my receipt

Decided to try a little experiment today so myself and three friends went into Xtravision and bought 4 games apiece which worked out rather well with their buy two get one free offer. We bought two copies of each game and headed to GameStop where we took it in turns to trade the games in against Luigi and Lego City. First friend went in and got both games on the trade in offer, next friend went in a few minutes later with different games and was told they were not eligible I went in after with the same games as my first friend and was told that neith game was eligible. A short time later the last of us went in with the same two games as number two and had no problem availing of the offer. Myself and friend number two swapped around some games and tried again, this time I was told that both were eligible but when my other friend tried he was turned away again.

It really is ridicolous how poor the service is. Each time we were told the games weren't eligible we argued and showed that they were, even using receipts to show how they were okay an hour beforehand. Was pretty much told to fcuk off and accused of being "opportunist online traders".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is the 5 games for 90 credit still going lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Is the 5 games for 90 credit still going lads ?

No that deal is over ages

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

My experience in GameStop Galway......
    Traded in 2 games on the list an pre booked Bioshock for 9.99.
    The girl told me to throw away the receipt as I would not need it when I collected only needed name and phone number but if i lost the receipt someone else could come in and "steal" it on me ! I kept the receipt anyway.
    My brother who works in galway went into collect the game for me last week. He was told there was a fiver due as the game was 55 but I only paid 50. He left the store and rang me. So I had to drive 35 km each way to get the game. I was given the same spiel.
    So I asked them what was going to happen. I was told pay the fiver. I told them absolutely no way was I paying anymore. As I had paid in full !!!
    The manager eventually reduced the price on the till from 55 to 50 and I got the game.
    Previously I did all my shopping at Game and wish I still could. I had one similar experience in GameStop before which is why I stopped going there. They really are incredibly ignorant to customers

km79 wrote: »
    The girl told me to throw away the receipt as I would not need it when I collected only needed name and phone number but if i lost the receipt someone else could come in and "steal" it on me ! I kept the receipt anyway.
    My brother who works in galway went into collect the game for me last week. He was told there was a fiver due as the game was 55 but I only paid 50. He left the store and rang me. So I had to drive 35 km each way to get the game. I was given the same spiel.
    So I asked them what was going to happen. I was told pay the fiver. I told them absolutely no way was I paying anymore. As I had paid in full !!!
    The manager eventually reduced the price on the till from 55 to 50 and I got the game.
    Previously I did all my shopping at Game and wish I still could. I had one similar experience in GameStop before which is why I stopped going there. They really are incredibly ignorant to customers

seems to be different rules for different stores

in limerick cresent gamestop i avoid but when im passing i peak to see whos there

there 2 young lads very nice , if their , there i deal with them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

km79 wrote: »
    So you drove 70km to save a fiver :confused:

Surely it would have been FAR cheaper to just pay the fiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tinie wrote: »
    So you drove 70km to save a fiver :confused:

Surely it would have been FAR cheaper to just pay the fiver?

You are missing the entire point of my post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Gamestop in Castlebar is great, did the whole trade in 5 games for 90 three times, on top of that traded in another 6 to get 3 games for a tenner, traded them in when i finished and now have 370 euro of store credit towards a ps4 and GTA 5 fully paid. They did not even look at the lists, just scanned them all and said that they were on it, said that the lists do not really matter and that they are meant just to scan them to see if they are part of the deal.

Advertisement